Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kerry Collins Placed On Ir (Merge)

MTC

This pretty much is an admission to the season being over. We're now right back to where we started... We no longer have a reliable backup QB, let alone a reliable starting QB! Heavin forbid if Painter gets injured. With our poor o-line blocking and Painter's inexperience and slower delivery, I could certainly foresee an injury in his future.

I'm surprised Manning hasn't been placed on IR either. What are they wanting to do with him? There's no point.

Edited by ReMeDy

They needed the spot for OL and they signed two.

It just proved how panic and unprepared they were when hearing Manning could not go.

Toudouze will be waived again at first chance, just like he always is, because being a mediocre O-linemen is an unrealistic goal for him. If it were to make room, someone else would have been given the toudouze treatment and waived, only to be brought back when we didn't nee toudouze. Again. For the 453rd time.

Toudouze will be waived again at first chance, just like he always is, because being a mediocre O-linemen is an unrealistic goal for him. If it were to make room, someone else would have been given the toudouze treatment and waived, only to be brought back when we didn't nee toudouze. Again. For the 453rd time.

So they are in desperate mode again because the OL has been depleted recently. I agree with you and I am wondering why they don't let Anthony Gonzalez go. He is never healthy and never plays...

My guess, as some have said, they realized he isn't the answer and most likely, due to his age. Playing again after a concussion isn't very smart. Was just a matter of time. Too bad, but at least it isn't our money that paid him.

Dont really think he has a concussion as severe as that he cannot come back and play. They just realized the mistake but they aren't brave enough to admit, so the concussion becomes an excuse.

They can't IR Manning. If they did, the colts would be completely coachless too, so he must stay active to be kept in the loop and allowed to glare on the sideline (as opposed to caldwell's useless stare)

As for Collins...I guess that he was part of the problem that Irsay identified after the Saints game, and was corrected.

They needed the spot for OL and they signed two.

It just proved how panic and unprepared they were when hearing Manning could not go.

Idk why they keep signing richard and michael... especially michael he isnt good at all. wish tommie harris was still on this team.

I like the move and imo it makes perfect sense. Painter has been playing well. He's no Manning, no one is, but he's shown that he can play in the system and be efficient. We have not lost any games because of Painter's play. Yes he took a step back in the NO game but that's true of the entire team, not just Painter. IMO putting Collins on IR was their way of admitting (albeit very belatedly) the whole thing was a mistake. It's also their way, imo, of letting Painter know that he's the guy for the rest of the year barring a Manning return. There isn't going to be any controversy due to some people thinking Collins should be brought back in. They took that option away. Now they can let Painter play and see how he develops over the course of the season. There would have been no reason to ever play Collins again so why not free up the spot?

Oh another tweet:

Roster moves cont...signed RB Darren Evans 2 practice squad n waived WR David Gilreath from the practice squad.

Edited by Jason

Poor Jim Irsay, with Manning out and Collins on IR, the Colts now have 31 million tied up in QB's that aren't playing. I hope Peyton has no plans to attempt a comeback this season. Better to let his neck get all healed up and be ready to kick some butt next year.

I guess Grandpa Collins is going back to his rocking chair where BP should have left him in the first place. Easiest 4mil made ever! Would could of used that 4mil for something else, like resign Hayden to a 1yr deal worth 2mil & use the other 2 somewhere else. Smh

............. Or donte whitner...... he would have been a massive upgrade... i always say that the nfl is a business not a family but the colts are not treating it like that.. they are too loyal to some players.

Hindsight is always 20-20, but the latest busted pick by Bill Polian has to drive Irsay nuts. It was obvious that Collins was never going to work in this offense and if there is a better definition of knee jerk reaction to a situation, please identify it. I mean seriously, what were we thinking? These guys (Polians. Irsay, and Coach Caldwell) are supposed to be the best in football? Please! Think about it. Less than 2 weeks prior to our season opener, we go out and hire and old man out of retirement who had gone on the record of saying he retired b/c he simply didn't have the passion to compete anymore. We not only sign him at the age of 37, we immediately announce him as the starter. Of all of Bill Polian's misses over the past 4 years, this has to be the worse and the tip of the iceburg. It's gone from bad to worse. Everywhere you look, you are seeing articles about the Colts collapse and it's on nat'l talk radio and on PTI and Around The Horn. Irsay has to be embarrassed and you have to wonder what he's thinking. If he's not careful and doesn't make some decisions to get this turned around, he is going to go from the top of the mountain to not even being on the map anymore. You could say he hit the NFL owner lottery when we drafted Manning. Let's face it, this franchise wasn't good before Manning arrived. Rarely did we ever sell out and if we did, it was because we were playing a team with a large, well traveled fan base. Then we draft Peyton in "97, the year Irsay takes over as owner and he along with the rest of the blue nation have been on the Peyton train ever since. Well it has all come to a grinding hault and is now in free for all mode. To me, this pick of Kerry Colllins sums it all up for our decision making process, drafting skills, and overall plan over the past 5 years. The plan being there isn't one. We weren't ready for Peyton going down and there is no concession plan in place. What a joke. I can tell you I for one am embaressed. Love the blue and always will. Kerry Collins going on the IR is the final nail in the Polian coffin for me. I hope Irsay enjoys peeling off $4mm of his money for this waste of a knee jerk pick. Ridiculous. Enjoy your retirement Kerry.

It was done to save his life. He should have been killed against the Steelers. The survival chances during his next appearance, whenever it may have been, were near 0.

Collins' life insurance company just breathed a heavy sigh of relief.

This. I think Collins just basically told them "look man I'm too old for this ish...you guys gonna get me killed...get me outa here!" rotfl