Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1 and done book it

runthepost

You thought the o-line looked NFL caliber today??? I'll admit I didn't get to see the entire game, but I seen most of it, and the line still looked terrible. Luck was repeatably hurried and the run blocking was non-existent.

That's the sad thing, Balzer. Unfortunately, this would be classified as a good outing by our O-line.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The colts really look bad and if the afc south was a good division the colts wouldn't make the playoffs. I think Irsay should fire the coaching staff and go after Lovie Smith, at least Lovie can put a good defense together.

Do you realize where 8-5 sits in most of the divisions in the NFL? We would be contending in almost any other division.

22 teams have a worse record then us.

If you can make the playoffs, anything can happen.

No.... These guys aren't beating anyone playoff caliber from here on out. Done. The apex of the season was beating denver. And honestly the way our owner carried on you would think that's what the team was built to set out to do.

No.... These guys aren't beating anyone playoff caliber from here on out. Done. The apex of the season was beating denver. And honestly the way our owner carried on you would think that's what the team was built to set out to do.

Lol.

If people on this forum are like this, I can only imagine what was going on on Baltimores board last year when they lost 5 of 6 down the stretch.

Nope. If you don't go at least 14-2 you can't win the SB. That's just fact.

Sorry,  it's not a fact.

For example,  the two times the NY Giants won the SB under Couglin,  their regular season regular season was..........

9-7. 

I suspect you'll find that most teams that win the Super Bowl were not 14-2 as well.

If we make the playoffs with a 10-6 record,   I don't care if we're one and done.

There will be 20 other teams that didn't make the playoffs that wish they did and would love to swap places with the Colts and go one and done......

We're not done building the monster....    not by a long shot. 

Watching this game this team still has major promblems . This defense is horrible still playing man to man without putting pressure on the QB, Your ILBS cannot stop the run or cover anyone in passing downs the D-line has no push, Allowing the opposing team to score 5 straight TD in the redzone. The offensive play calling is awful because they still are having promblems maintaining drives in the first halves especially on the first series of the game started out with 3 straight passes if correct but on 3rd and 3 you elected to pass for 20 yards into double coverage.

Sorry, it's not a fact.

For example, the two times the NY Giants won the SB under Couglin, their regular season regular season was..........

9-7.

I suspect you'll find that most teams that win the Super Bowl were not 14-2 as well.

I was being sarcastic buddy lol.

Sorry, it's not a fact.

For example, the two times the NY Giants won the SB under Couglin, their regular season regular season was..........

9-7.

pretty sure he was being sarcastic..

If we make the playoffs with a 10-6 record, I don't care if we're one and done.

There will be 20 other teams that didn't make the playoffs that wish they did and would love to swap places with the Colts and go one and done......

We're not done building the monster.... not by a long shot.

A large portion of the monster is on IR

With the current play I agree. Could they catch fire and string something together? Possibly but not looking good. Need some guys to get healthy. Need some guys to out their big boy pants on and play like they've never played before. And need better coaching!

Didn`t we all think the same thing after MJD hung 275 on the Colts defense late in the 2006 season? I know I did. My eyes tell me yeah 1 and done is highly probable but its still an any given Sunday chance if the Colts can get back to playing how we`ve seen them capable of a few games this year. 

Didn`t we all think the same thing after MJD hung 275 on the Colts defense late in the 2006 season? I know I did. My eyes tell me yeah 1 and done is highly probable but its still an any given Sunday chance if the Colts can get back to playing how we`ve seen them capable of a few games this year. 

Anything can happen as long as you make the playoffs. Just need to punch your ticket.

Lucky streak of bounces

Team just plays well/gets hot

Or, if you're very fortunate, you get a crap ton of help from the zebras.

In our case, in 2006 the defense decided to actually show up for 3 1/2 games straight. (Exception was the first half VS the Pats in the AFC championship)

That was plenty good enough for us to finally win it all. We just needed most of the team to do it's damn job for once. Even though our special teams still sucked and we weren't really a complete team, the other 2/3 pulled us through.

Am I optimistic we can repeat that level of team performance? No, because our O isn't nearly as good to begin with. Our D and special teams are better than they used to be, but I don't see either getting hot and "better" than they used to be doesn't mean they're good.

Maybe we'll get zebra help and/or some luck, but I wouldn't bank on it when there are luckier teams out there.

You thought the o-line looked NFL caliber today??? I'll admit I didn't get to see the entire game, but I seen most of it, and the line still looked terrible. Luck was repeatably hurried and the run blocking was non-existent.

I have no clue what you were watching. I did see some hurries and pressures, but this O line looked miles better than it has the past few weeks.

I have no clue what you were watching. I did see some hurries and pressures, but this O line looked miles better than it has the past few weeks.

One week of mediocrity at best followed by three+ weeks of garbage in a row.

It's a pattern. It's been this way for six seasons. Our O-line still sucks.

Well, they didn't get a lot of pressure because of Cincy's big lead. They were playing prevent defense and giving up short passes and yardage to burn clock. I would take anything from this game about the O line's play.  :D

If we make the playoffs with a 10-6 record,   I don't care if we're one and done.

We're not done building the monster....    not by a long shot. 

Yeah....and the 'monster' has undergone a whole lot of de-construction with the injuries.

We need to do a lot of rebuilding just to get back to where we were before this year's bye week.

I'm going to be the guy that goes out on a limb and makes a BOLD prediction...

COLTS will HOST and WIN AFC Championship game.

This year reminds me of our SB year.. everybody is writing us off...

Getting the #4 might be a blessing...

Colts beat KC. Baltimore beats Cincy. Colts travel to NE to play a Gronk-less Patriots. Ravens beat Broncos.

Colts v. Ravens in the AFC Championship.

And the crazy part.. it'll be T-Rich that is the big difference maker!

The colts really look bad and if the afc south was a good division the colts wouldn't make the playoffs. I think Irsay should fire the coaching staff and go after Lovie Smith, at least Lovie can put a good defense together.

Lovie Smith would be an awful hire. He runs the Dungy Tampa 2 and we are a 34 team now. We just need better defensive playcalling. Manusky needs to be punted anf have Pagano take over in the interim.

optimism is in the eye of the ticket holder. Here you have spent all this money on season tickets. You have went to these meet and greets and saw players that ordinarily would not be caught dead at. Now, you have to finish and hope this was all for something.

The fix is in. The Boston Marathon bombing is used to assure the Patriots are in the big game. Indy will have to have a locust invasion or tornados to be considered in the final pairing. Why else does the Bengals go on 4th and 1 just before the half? Because they were guaranteed to make it one way or the other.

I'm going to be the guy that goes out on a limb and makes a BOLD prediction...

COLTS will HOST and WIN AFC Championship game.

This year reminds me of our SB year.. everybody is writing us off...

Getting the #4 might be a blessing...

Colts beat KC. Baltimore beats Cincy. Colts travel to NE to play a Gronk-less Patriots. Ravens beat Broncos.

Colts v. Ravens in the AFC Championship.

And the crazy part.. it'll be T-Rich that is the big difference maker!

Put the pipe down ravens will lose to cinci and we will most likely struggle against the chiefs

optimism is in the eye of the ticket holder. Here you have spent all this money on season tickets. You have went to these meet and greets and saw players that ordinarily would not be caught dead at. Now, you have to finish and hope this was all for something.

The fix is in. The Boston Marathon bombing is used to assure the Patriots are in the big game. Indy will have to have a locust invasion or tornados to be considered in the final pairing. Why else does the Bengals go on 4th and 1 just before the half? Because they were guaranteed to make it one way or the other.

take off your tin foil hat and go to bed

Well, they didn't get a lot of pressure because of Cincy's big lead. They were playing prevent defense and giving up short passes and yardage to burn clock. I would take anything from this game about the O line's play.  :D

That's not true at all.

Suggestion: If you didn't watch the game, don't comment on it and pretend like you did. 

lol wth

Do you realize where 8-5 sits in most of the divisions in the NFL? We would be contending in almost any other division.

22 teams have a worse record then us.

If we were in another division, we would have the Titans, Jags, and Texans to pad our record.