Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1 and done book it

runthepost

Right. We are the only division that has bad teams. I forgot.

To be fair, thats running away with the easiest 6 division games in the league. Houston and Jacksonville are bottom 10 easy, and Tennessee is borderline bottom 10. 6-10 would probably be good enough to win the AFC south imo.

That said, the Colts have only played 4 division games. Their record is actually not that padded by them. 4-0 in the division and 4-5 against everyone else isnt exactly pretty though

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, thats running away with the easiest 6 division games in the league. Houston and Jacksonville are bottom 10 easy, and Tennessee is borderline bottom 10. 6-10 would probably be good enough to win the AFC south imo.

That said, the Colts have only played 4 division games. Their record is actually not that padded by them. 4-0 in the division and 4-5 against everyone else isnt exactly pretty though

Despite their collective record, all the teams in our division have been tough teams this year.

Jags early on were putrid, but they've gotten better.

If the Titans beat us twice instead of losing to us twice, they're looking like a strong/stronger team.

And the Texans have been in almost every game they've played. That team has playoff talent, because it's the same team largely from last year, they just weren't able to get it together this year.

None of our division games have been cakewalks outside of the Jags. They aren't for anyone in the NFL.

We have the worst division THIS year.

Who cares? None of our division games were easy. Even the Jags fought hard early on. We've worked for every win we've got this year. Nothing was handed to us. If we don't handle our division games like we did, this conversation is completely different.

Titans and Texans aren't bad teams. If you base them solely on their records that's on you.

We play who we play. Period. There's no bonus for having a super competitive division.

Who cares? None of our division games were easy. Even the Jags fought hard early on. We've worked for every win we've got this year. Nothing was handed to us. If we don't handle our division games like we did, this conversation is completely different.

Titans and Texans aren't bad teams. If you base them solely on their records that's on you.

We play who we play. Period. There's no bonus for having a super competitive division.

And thats really the crux of it. All it makes for is interesting debate on how good a team really is. I still dont see winning the division this year as a big accomplishment though. I think many last place teams in most other divisions could have done it.

Colts are still 8-5 though, and seem poised to be 10-6. Thats actually a very good NFL season. I wouldnt be shocked to see them win a playoff game.

I didn't say there was a bonus for being in a super competitive division.  I said if we were in a different division we may not be fairing so well.  We are 8-5 because we are 4-0 in a terrible division.  We will probably beat the Texans and Jags which will pad our record even further. 

There are no easy games.

You are right that you can't judge a team by its record because the Colts record of 8-5 would indicate a pretty good team. 

And thats really the crux of it. All it makes for is interesting debate on how good a team really is. I still dont see winning the division this year as a big accomplishment though. I think many last place teams in most other divisions could have done it.

Colts are still 8-5 though, and seem poised to be 10-6. Thats actually a very good NFL season. I wouldnt be shocked to see them win a playoff game.

And that's how you know you're spoiled as a fan. Last year we would have killed to win the division. This year? It's not tough enough for us.

Think of all the teams who haven't captured their division in years upon years. Winning a division is nothing to take lightly.

Their records aren't great, but our division is full of tough teams. Texans were "SB contenders" to start the year. That roster still has talent. The Titans too.

We've beaten all the teams projected to be in the SB at the beginning of the year. Outside our division the level of competition is crazy tough. And even though we didn't dominate in out of division play. We won hard fought games against great teams.

Outside of the Jags. I can't think of a team we played that wasn't a really good team. Maybe the Raiders.

I didn't say there was a bonus for being in a super competitive division. I said if we were in a different division we may not be fairing so well. We are 8-5 because we are 4-0 in a terrible division. We will probably beat the Texans and Jags which will pad our record even further.

There are no easy games.

You are right that you can't judge a team by its record because the Colts record of 8-5 would indicate a pretty good team.

I never said you did, did I?

But this notion that if your division doesn't come down to the very last game of the season, it's a mark of shame, and the division crown doesn't mean as much is complete crap.

We won those 4 games by being the better team. Not because they rolled over for us.

If you want to imagine our records playing other division opponents be my guest, but you're playing with the idea that we wouldn't fair as well. Who knows what our record would be like. Maybe it would still be 4-0. Maybe we wouldn't. All I know is we own our division this year. And that in itself is something to be proud of. Because every team in our division got stronger then they were last year. I don't see an asterisk next to the 2012 Texans. So I'm not too worried.

IT/ Tim Curry.... either one is better than Satele haha

At this point, I'd even take Tim Curry in his Dr. Frank N Furter role over Satele.

Although something tells me Luck wouldn't like seeing that bent over in front of him.

franksweettmkup.jpg

Personally, I believe he's scarier there than as Pennywise the clown.

We finished the year as absolute dogs the year we won our SB.

Agree, but we did have Manning on our side so you never really felt out of it. Now when we get down 10+ points, which is almost every week, you can basically pencil in a loss. I imagine whomever the 5 or 6 seed that we end up playing is going to be thrilled to get the Colts.

We will beat the Kansas City Chiefs. I am calling it now!!!!

The troops will rally it up for one home game with all the excitement of being home again for the playoffs......Reggie Wayne and Pagano will give great pre game speeches to the boys. And then somehow we will gut out a win, Alex Smith will fumble at some point thanks to Robert Mathis, Andy Reid won't manage the clock well in the 4th and Luck will have a solid overall game with no turnovers.

And then in the divisional round....we get out our Rosary Beads.....

If it is it is.  Not every season is going to end with a Super Bowl Championship so if that's what it takes for you to think we had a good season then you are going to disappointed just about every season you are a fan. 

This has been a fun season even if it's been frustrating the last few weeks.  We got to see a great comeback vs. the Texans.  We beat the Seahawks which I am still not exactly sure how we did and I was there to see it.  The 49ers game was just domination and sign of what I think this team wants to be when it's a little older and healthy.   We also beat Peyton, as much as I love that guy it was still fun to watch him go down and know Luck got one on him.

Also, the fact we re-took the division this year!  I was here last year when fans were saying this could happen this year and fans from the Texans were scoffing at the idea.  The fact we did it makes me happy. 

Again, when I get frustrated at this season and yeah parts of it have been hard to watch I think back to that just complete empty feeling I had watching us get embarrassed by the Saints on Sunday Night Football during the 2011 season.  I think of how far we have come because that night it didn't look like would be a playoff team again in 20 years let a lone the next two straight. 

Think of how lucky we are as fans, we are going to win our division this year and to some that's a bad season.  I can see Titans, Jags, and yes even Texans fans just rolling theirs eyes at us at just how spoiled we are.  This team was not meant to be this good this fast so just look at any winning they are doing now as an added bonus.  Irsay has even said he didn't think we would be this good this fast.  This was supposed to be a couple of years of rebuilding and getting better but this team didn't settle for that they wanted more and went out and got more. 

They are going to the playoffs just sit back and enjoy it.  You might get surprised.  This team plays it's best when no one gives them a shot to do anything regardless of who we play we are getting them at home and other than the Rams game we have been extremely hard to beat at LOS over the tenure of Luck and Pagano.  If we win that game frankly we are playing with complete house money at that point.  We go to Denver, New England, or Cincy and take our best shot and maybe it's good enough and maybe it's not.  If not we've had a good season in my book.  Heck just winning the division this year makes it a good season to me.  That was the goal I wanted this year.  This team has accomplished that.  A playoff win would be nice but it's not the end of the world if we don't get one either. 

Yep....around this time last year many Ravens fans were saying the same thing, as were Giants fans before them when NY won a Super Bowl.

Sure....I'll be surprised if we do what those two teams did, but at the same time there isn't an AFC or NFC team we aren't capable of beating.

Alot of people were saying the same thing about us the year we won the superbowl,you never know.Chances are we wont if we continue playing this way,but to put things in perspective,i thougth it would take a couple years after we let Peyton go and started over.

Agree, but we did have Manning on our side so you never really felt out of it. Now when we get down 10+ points, which is almost every week, you can basically pencil in a loss. I imagine whomever the 5 or 6 seed that we end up playing is going to be thrilled to get the Colts.

Really? How many times this year, and last, have we climbed out of 10 point plus deficits. Because it feels like a lot. I don't count this team out of any games they play.

That's not true at all.

Suggestion: If you didn't watch the game, don't comment on it and pretend like you did. 

I watched the game and it is true. You can make up all you want but the fact is that the Colts did nothing on offense until Cincy went into eat the clock up mode and allowed those short passes. Several other people have noted this here, did you take them to task and accuse them of not watching the game?  :D

I watched the game and it is true. You can make up all you want but the fact is that the Colts did nothing on offense until Cincy went into eat the clock up mode and allowed those short passes. Several other people have noted this here, did you take them to task and accuse them of not watching the game? :D

Best thing about losing? You resurfacing like clockwork.

I watched the game and it is true. You can make up all you want but the fact is that the Colts did nothing on offense until Cincy went into eat the clock up mode and allowed those short passes. Several other people have noted this here, did you take them to task and accuse them of not watching the game?  :D

You're incorrect again. Obviously you don't know what a prevent defense is which isn't surprising as you also thought we ran a west coast offense last year.

If the colts odds were 1,000 to 1 to make it to the Superbowl i still wouldn't put 1 dollar on them.

If something doesn't change, quickly, we could win the Division and still be 8 - 8......  Houston will be playing for their jobs, KC wants to bury us and our confidence (if any) prior to playoffs and the Jags just don't like the Colts and will want to win at all costs..... 

Really? How many times this year, and last, have we climbed out of 10 point plus deficits. Because it feels like a lot. I don't count this team out of any games they play.

Hmm, and how did the 1st round of the playoffs work out for the Colts last year? It's all about the playoffs, teams in the playoffs are in a different mode and won't let you climb back in if they have you down. You don't need to bring up 2006 when the Pats had the Colts down 18 in the AFC Championship, that is a very rare occasion and not the normal.

Hmm, and how did the 1st round of the playoffs work out for the Colts last year? It's all about the playoffs, teams in the playoffs are in a different mode and won't let you climb back in if they have you down. You don't need to bring up 2006 when the Pats had the Colts down 18 in the AFC Championship, that is a very rare occasion and not the normal.

Far better Colts teams than this one, have gone one and done with one of the greatest QBs ever at the helm.

Playoffs aren't a science. No point in pretending they are. That or you cracked the playoffs code and are now a billionaire. Or Biff Tannen.

Far better Colts teams than this one, have gone one and done with one of the greatest QBs ever at the helm.

Playoffs aren't a science. No point in pretending they are. That or you cracked the playoffs code and are now a billionaire. Or Biff Tannen.

I love the Biff Tannen reference.

All the "experts" , including yourself ,had us at 2-14 last year remember? There wasnt supposed to be a playoff game. We were supposed to be a shoo- in for the #1 pick again. 

You thought the o-line looked NFL caliber today??? I'll admit I didn't get to see the entire game, but I seen most of it, and the line still looked terrible. Luck was repeatably hurried and the run blocking was non-existent.

Our line is average at best right now but Luck holds on to the ball way too long in a lot of these sacks, and to those who aren't paying attention, or don't care too, that makes the line look worse than it is.

This thread/trend around here is sad/hilarious. Some of you guys sound like you'd prefer the Colts to actually be bad, so that you can be proven right. This place is becoming populated with way to many Eeyore's. "Why even play, we'll just lose".

It's the classic, " I know my team is going to lose. So if they lose I was right about them losing, and if they win I'm happy anyways."