Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Worst Playoff path EVER

Narcosys

Oh, no....

Our path to the Super Bowl is relevant because we officially are in the playoffs...as of this coming Sunday when Denver beats Tennessee.

WE are in with a home game..and we can beat KC

I have to disagree, the team we saw yesterday would have zero chance against KC.....but we will have to wait several weeks to see who is correct.  I don't disagree that we are in the playoffs, though, the Titans have as much chance against the Broncs as we do versus KC.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as a fan i realize a superbowl is 2-5 years away. Im happy that the AFC South crown is back in INDY and if we can get past the wildcard round. If we get bumped in the second round this season is still a success. I know the main goal is superbowl or bust for every team but lets be realistic we have holes and we dont play to our potential every game

I think we are going to be and done again. I do think back to the year we won the SB and we could not stop the run to save our lives. We faced KC in the first game and held one of the best running backs in the league to under 35 yards. I think we beat Baltimore the next game something like 10-6. Then went on to win the division championship and finally the SB.

Strange things happen in football, but the problem this year is different. Luck has terrible receivers. TY is the second or third receiver on most other teams. Fleener is doing better and can for the most part be counted on. DHB shouldn't see the field again.

The rest of them are normally in the wrong spot.

I would love us to go further, but I doubt it. We have four games to fix the receiving issues, but the personnel is not there. We make a big mistake when Reggie went down to not go after another receiver. It was a bye week and the coaches would have two weeks to work with him. One problem was we already used our first draft pick on TR. Sad.

"Wahhhh wahhhhh our playoff path is gonna be too hard wahhhh wahhhhh I want it to be easy wahhh wahhhh..."

Lol who cares?... You guys are such females on here I love it!... anything can happen once you're in the dance. Ohhhhh wait!!!! All of you guys have it all figured out beforehand I totally forgot.. Just like how we would have no chance with SF, SEA or DEN! With Injuries and anything else anything can happen. But keep being little females acting all scary.

My favorite is you goobers who are like "wahhhh we have no shot on Sunday..." Then when the colts win you're like "oh yeah I totally saw that coming and that was the exact gameplan I had written up myself..." type of posts

Weenies

GO COLTS! All of you annoying fans can suck it though

One problem was we already used our first draft pick on TR. Sad.

That was THE issue. That is the elephant in the room that kept Grigson from going after things later in the year. We thought we'd make out like bandits like the Vontae Davis trade. At least the Davis trade was a 2nd rounder, now we are realizing what a big mistake it was giving up a 1st rounder.

Those kinds of trades have ripple effects in the draft and free agency trades for draft picks.

CBS Sports has us playing the Ravens at home.

I'm sorry but we would get killed in that game.  i don't like the matchup.  First of all, we make 2nd and 3rd string into one-game pro-bowlers at the QB, running back, and other positions.  Then you take Flacco and Rice and we would be in a heap of trouble right from the start.  I like our chances against a non-ravens opponent.

I'm sorry but we would get killed in that game.  i don't like the matchup.  First of all, we make 2nd and 3rd string into one-game pro-bowlers at the QB, running back, and other positions.  Then you take Flacco and Rice and we would be in a heap of trouble right from the start.  I like our chances against a non-ravens opponent.

Wow! 

"Wahhhh wahhhhh our playoff path is gonna be too hard wahhhh wahhhhh I want it to be easy wahhh wahhhh..."

Lol who cares?... You guys are such females on here I love it!... anything can happen once you're in the dance. Ohhhhh wait!!!! All of you guys have it all figured out beforehand I totally forgot.. Just like how we would have no chance with SF, SEA or DEN! With Injuries and anything else anything can happen. But keep being little females acting all scary.

My favorite is you goobers who are like "wahhhh we have no shot on Sunday..." Then when the colts win you're like "oh yeah I totally saw that coming and that was the exact gameplan I had written up myself..." type of posts

Weenies

GO COLTS! All of you annoying fans can suck it though

Lots of head coaches and Off Coordinaters on these threads.  Guess its the new thing to be all gloom and doom. 

I think we have a good chance of beating any AFC team except the Patriots. Belichick does a great job of taking away teams #1 option so someone other then T.Y will  have to have a great game. We just can't match up with Gronk and with so many rub routes to beat man coverage their wr's are great route runners and would get open. If someone can knock off the Patriots before we play them we can make it.

If we get in and play Indy, it will be a close game. Except for the Denver game loss, and the wins over the Texans and the Jets, all of the Raven's games have been close. Unlike the Manning years, I really thought the Ravens would beat Indy last year, and they did. This Ravens team is not as strong, but seems to be improving. Normally, if it was a regular season game, and the Ravens are on the road against the Colts, if I was a betting man, I'd pick the Colts. On the other hand, Flacco plays much better on the road, and in the playoffs, then he does during the regular season, and he has won at least one playoff game every year. 

Both teams have serious offensive line issues, and both running games are getting a little bit better. The Ravens will have Pitta back, and the defense has improved from the debacle at Denver. Both teams can pressure the quarterback well with Mathis on one side, and Suggs and Dumervil on the other. This would be another good match-up between the two teams. The bottom line is Indy is pretty much in the playoffs, while we have some hard work to do. If we don't get it done, the Ravens will have no one to blame but themselves. They left too many easy games on the table. 

So im thinking we end up going 10-6.  We get 4th seed.  Heres the most probably route to the SB.

vs. Chiefs

@ Denver

@ NE (Can switch these two if the Bengals lose first round)

Talk about stomach churning.

Even with we go 11-5 or amazing 12-4 were still 3rd seed

vs. Steelers (Dolphins Ravens)

@ NE

@ Denver (Maybe get lucky and be vs Chiefs)

Still horrible.

Then for the SB youre looking at most likely NO or Seattle, thats no fun either.  I mean we have beaten the Seahawks, but it was at home, and with Reggie.  Plus i think we would match up very poorly against New Orleans offense. 

I think the first path is the most likely and that does not give me happy thoughts.  Anyone elses thoughts?

Don't worry about it...we are probably playing the Chiefs and will be one-and-done.

A lot of things can happen. 8-8 Chargers beat vaunted Colts as a #4 at home in 2008, 8-8 Broncos beat vaunted Steelers as a #4 with Tebow at home in 2011, right?

Superior record does not mean superior team on that given day. Any given day. Get the home playoff game and play with house money after that.

I am more confident of beating the Chiefs at home than I am confident of beating the Ravens at home as a #4 seed, so let the Chiefs stay there at #5 and we can handle them as a #4. Besides, having played them once in the season will help us when the home playoff game comes around.

No, but thats the path. We will get the Chiefs now almost assuredly.  So if we win, we go to NE or Denver (depending on How Cinci does).  If we win that, we go to NE or Denver or Cinci (But i dont see them beating the patriots)

If we are third seed, we go to NE, if we win there, we go to Denver or we get Cinci/Chiefs. 

ALL cruddy scenarios.

But atleast we get a playoff game preview.  We face both the Bengals and the Chiefs.  So we will have a good idea of how to play the Chiefs come playoff time.

Not really, I mean if we beat Cincinnati on Sunday we pretty much lock up the #3 seed.

Even if we lose to KC, as long as we take care of the Texans and Jaguars at home we win the #3 seed, and that scenario is assuming Cincinnati wins out, if they don't as long as we have the same record we win the tie breaker for winning the head 2 head match.

A lot of things can happen. 8-8 Chargers beat vaunted Colts as a #4 at home in 2008, 8-8 Broncos beat vaunted Steelers as a #4 with Tebow at home in 2011, right?

Superior record does not mean superior team on that given day. Any given day. Get the home playoff game and play with house money after that.

I am more confident of beating the Chiefs at home than I am confident of beating the Ravens at home as a #4 seed, so let the Chiefs stay there at #5 and we can handle them as a #4. Besides, having played them once in the season will help us when the home playoff game comes around.

I believe it will help the Chiefs even more being familiar with us.  With Andy Reid, they have a decided coaching and preparation advantage.

If we beat the Chiefs, we should rest our starters and tank the Jaguars game. Then, play the "Colts have never lost 2 games back to back under Luck and Pagano" card and win our first playoff game. :)

This whole ride is set up for an up and down schedule. Bengals, then Texans, Chiefs, then Jaguars.

Playoff path is difficult? It's the playoffs, it's not supposed to be a cakewalk. To be the best you have to beat the best which the Colts have already proven they can do. You guys are such babies. Hopefully our Super Bowl game will be against a 3-13 team /s.

Y'all are some of the most negative Nancys. Relax. Let this thing unfold. A million things can happen between now and then. You're on step 23 and we're only on step 7. Chill.

The ONLY sure thing to worry about is our Oline. And if that doesn't get fixed, nothing else much matters.

THANK YOU! I'm tired of all the negativity from our fans as of late. The Colts can beat any team (which they've proven) and they can also lose to any team (unfortunately also proven). Looking ahead as a fan is fine, but so many things can change especially with injuries.

I think we are going to be and done again. I do think back to the year we won the SB and we could not stop the run to save our lives. We faced KC in the first game and held one of the best running backs in the league to under 35 yards. I think we beat Baltimore the next game something like 10-6. Then went on to win the division championship and finally the SB.

Strange things happen in football, but the problem this year is different. Luck has terrible receivers. TY is the second or third receiver on most other teams. Fleener is doing better and can for the most part be counted on. DHB shouldn't see the field again.

The rest of them are normally in the wrong spot.

I would love us to go further, but I doubt it. We have four games to fix the receiving issues, but the personnel is not there. We make a big mistake when Reggie went down to not go after another receiver. It was a bye week and the coaches would have two weeks to work with him. One problem was we already used our first draft pick on TR. Sad.

Could not have said it better at this rate luck might be better off throwing it to himself please no more DHB could not believe that drop still don't no why Grigson gave a number 1 for TR bad move

PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS, honestly unless we get our % together & start playing some good football, I don't see  the Colts doing diddly % squat in the playoffs, we will have to be playing at a MUCH HIGHER LEVEL, that honestly I haven't seen this team play at in some time. Sounds like whoever we play we will be motor-boated quickly away, against even a half way decent team!

Something to keep in mind is we are HOSTing a playoff game. Only 4 afc teams get to do that. At the beginning of the year how many people would have ben thrilled with winning the division? My hand is up.

Also Luck just put his 2nd banner in the rafters. Anything can happen in the playoffs, see last years afc playoffs.

Last year we thought we had the easiest playoff opponent because the Ravens looked bad all year.

This year, I'm sure some teams fans are going to be happy they're playing us.

And so it goes...

I believe the Ravens felt they had the easiest playoff opponent.  That's why they lost a few games so they would be certain to play us in the first round. 

So im thinking we end up going 10-6.  We get 4th seed.  Heres the most probably route to the SB.

vs. Chiefs

@ Denver

@ NE (Can switch these two if the Bengals lose first round)

Talk about stomach churning.

Even with we go 11-5 or amazing 12-4 were still 3rd seed

vs. Steelers (Dolphins Ravens)

@ NE

@ Denver (Maybe get lucky and be vs Chiefs)

Still horrible.

Then for the SB youre looking at most likely NO or Seattle, thats no fun either.  I mean we have beaten the Seahawks, but it was at home, and with Reggie.  Plus i think we would match up very poorly against New Orleans offense. 

I think the first path is the most likely and that does not give me happy thoughts.  Anyone elses thoughts?

We have no offense.. We can barely beat the Titans.