Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Some Colts fan is not following their superstition.... (reason for our nasty losses)

bap1331

Okay so I've been reviewing my superstitions only to find out that I have been following them. Whenever I didn't follow them last year, we would lose...

So I'm doing it this year only to figure out that it's not me, but somebody else who is not following it! Who is it?

Here's what I do to win every week last year:

-Only wear Colts gear on game day, wearing it on a non game day will curse us.

-Never let a non Colts fan touch your gear. It may take away the Luck

-wear the same color jersey or shirt as the team on game day.

-never wash your Colts hat. A funny story. I had not washed my hat in 6 years and one day I left it in my car and my roommate was drunk so she threw it out the window when I wasn't looking. The next day, her boyfriend came and saw a hobo wearing it . the hobo didn't want to give it back so he payed him $10 to get it back. So I had to wash it. Then Peyton Manning missed that season...

-wear the lucky socks on Monday and Tuesday, it helps Luck with his film study.

What are yours and are you following them?

I HAVE to be sitting in the living on the far left side of the couch. I actually don't wear any colts gear at all, last time I did I wore my Bob Sanders Jersey. Want to take a guess who got injured that day? Lastly though o just cross my fingers on every third down and fg/big play ya catch my drift lol.

My superstition: put on my luck jersey exactly 12 mins before kickoff usually works. Also when things aren't going our way I take it off or on mostly becuz I'm so frustrated at the time. It seems to work tho

So does that mean you haven't put it on 12 minutes before lately? Lol

I HAVE to be sitting in the living on the far left side of the couch. I actually don't wear any colts gear at all, last time I did I wore my Bob Sanders Jersey. Want to take a guess who got injured that day? Lastly though o just cross my fingers on every third down and fg/big play ya catch my drift lol.

Ahhh...I always have to watch directly in the front. I can't stand watching from the sides. Especially with an HD TV...

Every time I haven't been in the gameday chat this season, the Colts have lost. Now I can't even access it because I don't have enough posts. The loss on Sunday will be on the moderators and their new strict rules.

Omgosh...I thought it was a curse too. I refused to go on the chat against the cardinals. Also because peoples TVs are ahead of mine by one play.

So if luck goes 3 and out. I'm still on 2nd down. I'm like, dang it!!!

Whenever I post on here what I`m really thinking..like "What's wrong with Luck today" or "Our defense stinks"..they always step it up a notch and win! Then I say "well I wont do that again, borderline non-believer! But when I keep my pie hole shut they keep playing poorly making me think "Whats wrong with Luck today" and "Our defense stinks"...kind of no win situation

My superstition is to turn the game off, go do something else and check back periodically.

It's worked in the 2006 AFC Championship game, the 2009 Pats vs. Colts Sunday Night Football, 2012 Green Bay vs. Indy (Chuckstrong) 2012 Detroit vs. Indy 2013 Houston vs. Indy on Sunday Night Football..

That's weird whenever I actually wear my Colts gear the team lose most times or struggle against an opponent they should easily beat! My trick that's actually work for me sucks because what I do is actually put all my gear and hide under clothes or out of sight and the Colts win. Oh if u work with any friends or associates at work please do not tell them how good the Colts are I actually believe that because I work with a lot of co-workers who do not like the Colts at all!! North Carolina residents who are not from up north hate Colts completely! Everytime they lose I have to hear there mouths it's like they coursed the team.

That's weird whenever I actually wear my Colts gear the team lose most times or struggle against an opponent they should easily beat! My trick that's actually work for me sucks because what I do is actually put all my gear and hide under clothes or out of sight and the Colts win. Oh if u work with any friends or associates at work please do not tell them how good the Colts are I actually believe that because I work with a lot of co-workers who do not like the Colts at all!! North Carolina residents who are not from up north hate Colts completely! Everytime they lose I have to hear there mouths it's like they coursed the team.

Yea my key is to not talk about it at all at work. The week we faced the Broncos was the toughest because all my coworkers would ask if I was ready for the blowout. After the game I just laughed as they were all silent and said, were not worried about the past, were preparing for the next game!

Okay so I've been reviewing my superstitions only to find out that I have been following them. Whenever I didn't follow them last year, we would lose...

So I'm doing it this year only to figure out that it's not me, but somebody else who is not following it! Who is it?

Here's what I do to win every week last year:

-Only wear Colts gear on game day, wearing it on a non game day will curse us.

-Never let a non Colts fan touch your gear. It may take away the Luck

-wear the same color jersey or shirt as the team on game day.

-never wash your Colts hat. A funny story. I had not washed my hat in 6 years and one day I left it in my car and my roommate was drunk so she threw it out the window when I wasn't looking. The next day, her boyfriend came and saw a hobo wearing it . the hobo didn't want to give it back so he payed him $10 to get it back. So I had to wash it. Then Peyton Manning missed that season...

-wear the lucky socks on Monday and Tuesday, it helps Luck with his film study.

What are yours and are you following them?

I always rock Colts gear.  I actually have a colts rubber bracelet that I hardly take off.

I can't go without rocking my gear.

I guess my only superstition is that I have to make breakfast for my family before gametime (West Coast time)  If I don't make breakfast we lose.  My kids had cereal on Sunday.

Well Breakfast and I have to watch the game.  I can't go without watching it.

Yea my key is to not talk about it at all at work. The week we faced the Broncos was the toughest because all my coworkers would ask if I was ready for the blowout. After the game I just laughed as they were all silent and said, were not worried about the past, were preparing for the next game!

Yea I got cha! I try to stay silent all the time, but it's hard because I stand out because of me being a Colts fan it sucks! Everyday that I go to work it's always someone asking me who the Colts playing this week so they can prepare there curse. I to enjoyed the fruits of satisfaction when the Colts beat the Broncos because It was so silent and a lot of mean angry faces of hate ha. I really hope the Colts get it together somehow some way the receivers need to step up and someone besides T.Y. Hilton needs to shine bright in the dark and give the Colts a spark.

Sorry OP, I gave up any superstitions I had before the season even started so you can't blame me! We had some good wins and some bad wins.

Besides, it doesn't really work. It's all in our heads.....:)

What we need is to just sit back and let it all play out....whatever is meant to happen with the Colts will happen.

I don't practice Santeria,

I ain't got no Colts  football,

but if I had a million passes,

well I'd drop them all

....if I could find that Heywood-Bey

and those stone hands that he found,

well I'd pop a cap in Heywood,

and I would slap that pass, down.......

I wear a Colts t-shirt and Colts watch every Sunday. The Sundays I work----which is every other weekend---I wear my Colts watch and horseshoe necklace since I can't wear a t-shirt at work. I don't consider it a superstition because it doesn't seem to affect the outcome of the games. I've worn the gear when they've won and lost.

Those with superstitions, remember it's only weird if it doesn't work.

I don't practice Santeria,

I ain't got no Colts  football,

but if I had a million passes,

well I'd drop them all

....if I could find that Heywood-Bey

and those stone hands that he found,

well I'd pop a cap in Heywood,

and I would slap that pass, down.......

Hahahahahahahahaha that's glorious  :hat:

this threads fun, it might be me lol. i got my luck jersey a while ago, only wore it after sunday wins, not all the time though, or if im somewhere on a sunday watching it not at home. if im home, i leave it on the hanger hanging on my room light (i dont keep it in the closet)

so after the broncos game, i wore the jersey obviously, being a smoker, my mom naturally took it cause it smelt and threw it in the wash, something she wasnt supposed to do till AFTER THE SEASON!!! (i do this with nj devils too, way longer season but my kovalchuk jersey is signed by most of the players :) ) so after that, they lost and it stayed in the basement to hang dry and stayed down their. wasnt until this sunday i put it back upstairs, so lets hope for the best!!

I messed up, I took my Jersey to the dry cleaners instead of keeping them funky to the end of the season...can you find it in your heart to forgive me?

just read your post after writing mine haha, pretty similar!!