Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

People forget were still in rebuild mode.

coming on strong

Cant agree....if we are rebuilding we have to show some progress..

...and we play worse as the season goes on

Rebuilding teams don't get massacred by average squads  twice in 3 weeks..

We seem to be regressing..and that's very worrisome to me.

You seem to forget how bad the colts played last year it was fluky getting almost every bounce our way we it would always go down to the wire and we got hit by the injury bug and yes beating denver seatle and san fran is better than last year.

Teams go threw up and downs this team if healthy is better than last years team . 

me? i never said that i always get blasted by the old timers for calling out the colts

1. I'm far from an old timer (19years old)

2. I'm not blasting you

I'm just pointing out facts. All this week the forum has been bragging about Da'Rick Rogers & the Colts being the #2 seed. Now that we just got blown out, people wanna point fingers & say we're terrible

The bipolarness of this forum is amusing to me

You seem to forget how bad the colts played last year it was fluky getting almost every bounce our way we it would always go down to the wire and we got hit by the injury bug and yes beating denver seatle and san fran is better than last year.

Teams go threw up and downs this team if healthy is better than last years team . 

No, I watched every game

but none of our losses last year were anywhere near as bad as the losses to the Rams and Cards.

The point we cant ignore is that we are regressing as a team..

Even in games we win..we are down double digits in the first quarter...

I'd be OK with not getting better..but we clearly are getting worse. You have to admit it

We could honestly say the colts are in rebuild mode every year. We had a great team, now with injuries we are a mediocre team that just happens to have great wins against top teams. We are not consistent and seem to only play at 100% against top teams like Denver and Seattle because we were trying to prove that we are the better team. Then other games we aren't playing 100%. Almost as if we gave up. This team is confusing, inconsistent, and spotty. I just never know what to expect.

No, I watched every game

but none of our losses last year were anywhere near as bad as the losses to the Rams and Cards.

I'd be OK with not getting better..but we clearly are getting worse. You have to admit it

I agree.  Last season, we overachieved.  This season, we are clearly regressing. 

We have no depth so the injuries really hurt. 

No, I watched every game

Didn't the Colts get blown out by the Patriots last year?

It takes years to rebuild a team do you guys understand that plus we lost our two best weapons allen and wayne.  It takes time  guys what happened to peyton remember  things happen every year the team will get slighter better and we will be back.

A rebuilding team should not be trading its 1st round picks for RBs.

No excuses every team has injuries, we would have won with a better head coach.

Every team has injuries for sure but the severity that it has hit the Colts has been almost startling. Ballard and Allen were young pieces that have very bright futures but were lost for the season. We also lost one of our starting guards when we have literally zero depth. At that point we were still playing very well until Reggie went down. There is no one to pick that up. Reggie means the world to this team both with his statistics and with how he conducts himself and leads the team. Every time the offense gets a first down I find myself applauding. I don't blame the coaches at all. I believe next year, with an added free agency period and draft and (knock on wood) less injuries, we will find ourselves in the driver's seat for the Superbowl.

You can say rebuilding all you want but each season is different. You can say your rebuilding every year but 10 years later you still haven't won a superbowl. I don't care about rebuilding. . All I care about what is right now and right now is winning. Learn from our mistakes and move on. A superbowl team always face adversity. Of course we have injuries but injuries is a part of playing a professional sport. A team must come together as one and face adversity head on. We have lost a battle today but we haven't lost the war. 

no we are not in rebuild mode. its reload mode. after the season we had last yr, and the year we are having even with the ups and downs, we shouldnt be playing like we have been. the colts need to start showing up first half. they look much more comfortable as a whole when theyre in the no huddle... this is a team that heavily relies on unity as a team (ESPECIALLY THE DEFENSE) and momentum. that being said, still a very young team, and i dont really blame the players much.

its a coaching issue and it has been. anyone who fails to say that and says "coaches dont drop balls/throw bad balls/run into lineman/miss their reads" yeah they don't but they are paid and it is their job to realize what type of personnel they have and work to their strengths. instead of coming in with a scheme and set gameplan and trying to mold them into it.

we need to go back to the 3WR set, itll keep the defense honest with the pass and may even make the run better. but 3 WR set is way better, esp putting ty in the slot (i know he moves around alot and is capable of playing basically anywhere) but lets look for the mismatches esp cause opponents have eyed in on him since reggie went down

No excuses every team has injuries, we would have won with a better head coach.

Sure.

NE is the same team without Mankins (for Thomas), Gronk (for Allen), Dobson (for Wayne), Ridley (for Bradshaw), Vereen (for Ballard).

NO is the same team without Grubbs (for Thomas), Graham (for Allen), Colston (for Wayne), Thomas (for Bradshaw), Sproles (for Ballard).

DEN is the same team without Vasquez (for Thomas), J. Thomas (for Allen), D. Thomas (for Wayne), Moreno (for Bradshaw), Hillman (for Ballard).

KC is the same team without Asamoah (for Thomas), McGrath (for Allen), Bowe (for Wayne), Charles (for Bradshaw), Davis (for Ballard).

SF is the same team without Iupati (for Thomas), Davis (for Allen), Crabtree (for Wayne), Gore (for Bradshaw), Hunter (for Ballard).

SEA is the same team without Unger (their best interior lineman, for Thomas), Miller (for Allen), Tate (for Wayne), Lynch (for Bradshaw), Turbin (for Ballard).

I'll bet there's confusion in the Colts complex about whether or not they're in "win now" mode or rebuild. I'm guessing they thought "we've got Luck, win now", when it's pretty clear that there's a significant depth problem with the whole squad that can only be addressed in the draft.

Rebuilding teams don't get massacred by average squads  twice in 3 weeks..

Can't agree.  The Rams aren't a slouch team.  They just beat the Lions who many think will win the NFC North.  The Cardinals are also a tough team fighting for a playoff spot.  They are tied with the 49ers for a playoff spot.

I'm not mad because we lost.  Like others have said, injuries have killed almost all of our talent.  Yeah, other teams lose players but still have most of their talent, we've lost players AND our talent.  I'm mad at HOW we are losing.  We look slow, unmotivated, sloppy, and downright awful.  That falls on the entire team and staff.

My main concern is finding a playmaker to replace the production of Reggie.  We don't find that, and this team isn't going anywhere.  It doesn't have to be a WR.

It takes years to rebuild a team do you guys understand that plus we lost our two best weapons allen and wayne.  It takes time  guys what happened to peyton remember  things happen every year the team will get slighter better and we will be back.

I agree but thats FO fault completely. Why go all in this season then? Why trade future? Im talking about Vontae and Trent.

I personnally like both and im kinda ok with the trade, but they sent a message. And now they are paying. we were never a championship caliber team, but they made it out look like it. We shouldnt have sent both of those 2 picks. maybe 1.