Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Da'Rick Rogers

Godeepreggie

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he doesnt play we basically just wasted time with this my feeling is toler will be back against arizona ! It would make make no sense to have 6 wr's on the team something just doesnt make sense unless they cut a reed or brazil

my thing is why do they keep suiting reed up he stinks, and he is just wasting a spot he is not a good returner 

He is NOT ready to play in an NFL game...     He was a "healthy" scratch.      Inactive because the staff felt the others would help more.  

DR has a LONG way to go in maturity before he is an NFL WR.    Talent is only half the battle.

But Indy is hurting at WR...  he has a remarkable opportunity in front of him, Brazil also...     Someone NEEDS to step up.a

If he can catch them I believe he would be an improvement over Reed, and they could activate Rogers and DHB and sit Reed.

i dont get the point of having reed on the team , why not let Vaughn fair catch the kickoff reed stinks , he is wasting a valuable spot that rogers, montori, holmes could be using i mean why is he on the roster just to return kicks when kickoff have bin taken out the league???? 

If he doesnt play we basically just wasted time with this my feeling is toler will be back against arizona ! It would make make no sense to have 6 wr's on the team something just doesnt make sense unless they cut a reed or brazil

I do not no what the COLTS see in Reed it is amazing he is still on the team  at this point why not give RODGERS a chance to return kicks we have nothing to lose

They might have also moved him to the active roster because Buffalo had some WR injuries and maybe they were concerned the Bills would take him off their PS.

He slung a little mud at that organization earlier in the week when he was interviewed about being brought up from the PS, however.

Don't know if he burned that bridge completely or not, but I'd lean more towards yes, if the Bills got wind of his comments

I think he could be a HUGE help IF he is mentally ready.

But ...   Buffalo cut him...   ??   And Colt WR's have kept him on the PS for majority of the season.    This is a desperation move.

Lets hope this kid wants a career in the NFL.     He can make it happen.

We will see where he stands next Sunday.

In a way, Da'Rick is in the same category as Trent Richardson. We are taking on someone that appears to have a high potential but for whatever reason hasn't 'woke up' yet so their previous teams ditched them.

I'm hopeful both of them make it because we aren't just talking about football here; we are talking about people's lives.

We're talking about one of the greatest WR's to ever play the game, and he hasn't even played a game yet. A remarkable talent, with all of the intangibles. The coaches have been afraid of him taking over the league and as a result will only play him 4-5 games at the end of the season in which he will amass 1,400 yards and 11 TD's on only 20 catches. That's right. Do the math on that. That's 4-5 catches a game at 70 yards/catch. Simply phenomenal. He's gonna change the game. He's really gonna do it.

#Da'RickDa'GameChanger

Anyone is better than Reed... and I hate seeing T.Y. Hilton returning punts too.

I thought I was the only one who hated that. You don't have your BEST WR (he's our best since Reggie Wayne is out) returning kicks. That's increasing his chances of an injury.

I cringe everytime he catches a punt

I thought I was the only one who hated that. You don't have your BEST WR (he's our best since Reggie Wayne is out) returning kicks. That's increasing his chances of an injury.

I cringe everytime he catches a punt

Heck, put Rogers in to return kicks. That way he can learn while seeing the field on special teams.

We're talking about one of the greatest WR's to ever play the game, and he hasn't even played a game yet. A remarkable talent, with all of the intangibles. The coaches have been afraid of him taking over the league and as a result will only play him 4-5 games at the end of the season in which he will amass 1,400 yards and 11 TD's on only 20 catches. That's right. Do the math on that. That's 4-5 catches a game at 70 yards/catch. Simply phenomenal. He's gonna change the game. He's really gonna do it.

#Da'RickDa'GameChanger

Forcing something this hard wont make it a meme if its still bad.

#Da'RickDa'GameChanger

zzzzzzzzzzz...zzzzzzzzz

I'm a long time (10 years) Tennessee Volunteers fan and and Indianapolis colts fan will be attending my first Colts game tonight in Nashville. Needless to say, I'm very excited.

That said, I'd like to take a moment to speak on Da'Rick Rogers.

During my time watching Rogers as a Vol fan, it was immediately known when he made his commitment to the Vols as a high school kid that he would be a huge playmaker for the Vols. He was tall, strong, fast, and known to have great hands. A 5* star player, we knew this kid would be special. As a freshmen, while showing glimpses of greatness, his PT was minimized due to a deep WR group consisting of 2 seniors, as well as the incredibly talented freshman Justin Hunter. Of course, Hunter was drafted in the 1st round to tonight's opponent. He is an incredible talent, highly intelligent... Yet Rogers is equally as talented.

And this fact has been overshadowed by his "knucklehead" status. The fact is this, the guy smoked pot during his first 2 years of college. I did it, many successful people have. While doing so, he was arguably the best WR in the SEC during his true sophomore season. He was not a RS.

We've all seen the statline of his sophomore season. Is phenomenal. What goes unnoticed was who his QB was: Matt Simms. While a backup in the NFL, this guy was a bum while at UT. Highly due to coaching and a subpar environment, he was still one of the worst QBs in the SEC at the time. Yet Da'Rick shined like a diamond in a sea of coal.

My point is this, Da'Rick is an absolute beast. He can beat you with speed, strength, route running, and with his hands. And he can do it on a. Insistent base. His maturity issues bothered the Bills, because they lacked the leadership to correct this problem. We don't have this issue. It was evident from his interview as well as the fact that he was running with the 1st team offense that he is everything I've said he is. Da'Rick is going to be the next great receiver for the Colts, along with Hilton. We've truly come across an absolute gem.

Go Colts

Just imagine UT's passing attack in 2012 if Rogers would have been there.  Patterson, Hunter and Rogers catching balls from Bray.  That would have been quite the offense.

They might have also moved him to the active roster because Buffalo had some WR injuries and maybe they were concerned the Bills would take him off their PS.

that an interesting theory, didnt think of that one, but i hope he get into a few games and have at lease 5 targets a game....just to see how he preforms

Just imagine UT's passing attack in 2012 if Rogers would have been there. Patterson, Hunter and Rogers catching balls from Bray. That would have been quite the offense.

True, but I doubt we would have won anymore games. We had the best offense in UT history already, and simultaneously had the worst defense in UT history

#Da'RickDa'GameChanger

You see, this is a much better effort of selling the talents of Rogers as a WR.

You guys honestly don't realize how good he is. I'm obviously being sarcastic with a few posts. But as long as he can do what he needs to do off the field, and it certainly seems like he is, then he will be a definite contributor on the field. He might not light the world on fire as I've alluded to, but he's definitely most capable of being a solid no. 2 wide out. Most definitely