Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rogers elevated to Active Roster [Merge]

corgi

He seems very confident. Can't wait to see what he can do.

http://www.colts.com/videos/videos/DaRick_Rogers_Next_man_up/e0494f5a-a60c-41be-861a-b278764176ef

I hope he tears it up. We can use another playmaker about now.

He will be #16.

Bro is very confident, and can be borderline cocky at times.  I don't think it will be bad for the team as long as he keeps it under control.  We need some arrogance and some attitude in our receiving corps.  Too many lunch pale quiet type guys out there.

I think it will be good to mix in another type of emotional personality so long as he is producing.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"You've got a talented football player," Pagano said, citing Rogers' size, speed and big-play ability. "Now we are going to give him an opportunity because he's earned it."http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000280875/article/darick-rogers-has-opportunity-to-help-colts-offense

I think this is a strong enough statement from Pagano to make me feel like we will see him on Thursday.  We'll see!

Yea after seeing this quote I would be shocked if Da'Rick didn't receive a good amount of PT

I personally would like to see DHB and Rogers out wide with TY in the slot. Would have to big 6'2-6'3 220 pound guys out blocking or catching with TY running around causing havoc

In all reality that would help the running game also.  Spreading out the defense for more room plus with DHB and Rogers both good blockers...

I really don't know much about Rogers. But there were some ppl saying "give whalen a shot". Whalen is garbage. There was a reason why he wasn't on the active roster. And people have also been begging for Rogers to play. So I'm not to excited about the "upgrade"

I really don't know much about Rogers. But there were some ppl saying "give whalen a shot". Whalen is garbage. There was a reason why he wasn't on the active roster. And people have also been begging for Rogers to play. So I'm not to excited about the "upgrade"

Wow, Talk about off base

I liked his interview.....from an outsider's POV, it appears his head is in the right place and he's ready to fully contribute. If he can get over the mental hump and become a true professional, I think it's safe to say he can be very dangerous....big, powerful, with reliable hands. I certainly hope he gets some playing time tomorrow night....it'll be all good if he contributes like we seem to think he can. 

I personally would like to see DHB and Rogers out wide with TY in the slot. Would have to big 6'2-6'3 220 pound guys out blocking or catching with TY running around causing havoc

I think that's what we will do. Use dhb and rogers to block on stretch play for richardson and have hi lton run fly route.

Actually i do know that he hasn't even played all year and there's probably a reason for that. 

lol just stop.. Him not playing has nothing to do with his talent and abilities to make plays on the field...I can guarantee you that. Watch Da'Rick turn into a monster playmaker for this team..

Actually i do know that he hasn't even played all year and there's probably a reason for that. 

Da'Rick led the SEC in receptions and reception yards his sophomore season. The SEC is about as close as you can come to playing NFL talent w/o being in the NFL, if you weren't aware. Da'Rick Rogers has tremendous talent and physical attributes, as well as showing he could ball against the best in the NCAA. He hasn't played all season because of his mistakes off the field as well as his unfamiliarity with the Colts offense as he is new to the organization, being signed to the practice squad after the preseason. He's now earned a chance to show what he has learned and prove he can be a playmaker, that's why people on this forum are excited. Just because you don't know much about him and he hasn't played in a regular season game to this point doesn't mean he can't contribute. 

Bro is very confident, and can be borderline cocky at times.  I don't think it will be bad for the team as long as he keeps it under control.  We need some arrogance and some attitude in our receiving corps.  Too many lunch pale quiet type guys out there.

I think it will be good to mix in another type of emotional personality so long as he is producing.

Yeah that's the key as long as he's producing then all is well. 

I'll have to find someone with an android to test this

In my experience if you are viewing on an android phone both with stock android browser and chrome it will automatically give you the mobile version. The mobile version shows avatar and name, but not post count and there are a couple other things you can't do on mobile version.  If you hit the "full version" button at the bottom and it will give you the desk top version that shows all the info (post count, etc ...) and all capabilities, but it is not as user friendly/easy to navigate on a phone as the mobile site.

Da'Rick led the SEC in receptions and reception yards his sophomore season. The SEC is about as close as you can come to playing NFL talent w/o being in the NFL, if you weren't aware. Da'Rick Rogers has tremendous talent and physical attributes, as well as showing he could ball against the best in the NCAA. He hasn't played all season because of his mistakes off the field as well as his unfamiliarity with the Colts offense as he is new to the organization, being signed to the practice squad after the preseason. He's now earned a chance to show what he has learned and prove he can be a playmaker, that's why people on this forum are excited. Just because you don't know much about him and he hasn't played in a regular season game to this point doesn't mean he can't contribute. 

Everyone knows the SEC is the strongest conference in college football. I think he's "earned" a chance because what other options do we have? DHB, Whalen? 

I'm a long time (10 years) Tennessee Volunteers fan and and Indianapolis colts fan will be attending my first Colts game tonight in Nashville. Needless to say, I'm very excited.

That said, I'd like to take a moment to speak on Da'Rick Rogers.

During my time watching Rogers as a Vol fan, it was immediately known when he made his commitment to the Vols as a high school kid that he would be a huge playmaker for the Vols. He was tall, strong, fast, and known to have great hands. A 5* star player, we knew this kid would be special. As a freshmen, while showing glimpses of greatness, his PT was minimized due to a deep WR group consisting of 2 seniors, as well as the incredibly talented freshman Justin Hunter. Of course, Hunter was drafted in the 1st round to tonight's opponent. He is an incredible talent, highly intelligent... Yet Rogers is equally as talented.

And this fact has been overshadowed by his "knucklehead" status. The fact is this, the guy smoked pot during his first 2 years of college. I did it, many successful people have. While doing so, he was arguably the best WR in the SEC during his true sophomore season. He was not a RS.

We've all seen the statline of his sophomore season. Is phenomenal. What goes unnoticed was who his QB was: Matt Simms. While a backup in the NFL, this guy was a bum while at UT. Highly due to coaching and a subpar environment, he was still one of the worst QBs in the SEC at the time. Yet Da'Rick shined like a diamond in a sea of coal.

My point is this, Da'Rick is an absolute beast. He can beat you with speed, strength, route running, and with his hands. And he can do it on a. Insistent base. His maturity issues bothered the Bills, because they lacked the leadership to correct this problem. We don't have this issue. It was evident from his interview as well as the fact that he was running with the 1st team offense that he is everything I've said he is. Da'Rick is going to be the next great receiver for the Colts, along with Hilton. We've truly come across an absolute gem.

Go Colts

In my experience if you are viewing on an android phone both with stock android browser and chrome it will automatically give you the mobile version. The mobile version shows avatar and name, but not post count and there are a couple other things you can't do on mobile version.  If you hit the "full version" button at the bottom and it will give you the desk top version that shows all the info (post count, etc ...) and all capabilities, but it is not as user friendly/easy to navigate on a phone as the mobile site.

That's true.  I see the same on my Droid Razr Maxx.  I see the user's avatar but not the post count or any of the editing tools.  However I was able to simply copy a URL and paste it into the reply I made (see post on previous page) and the link showed up correctly.

That's true.  I see the same on my Droid Razr Maxx.  I see the user's avatar but not the post count or any of the editing tools.  However I was able to simply copy a URL and paste it into the reply I made (see post on previous page) and the link showed up correctly.

Hey, have you been able to get updated to kit kat yet on your Razr Maxx? I have a Razr M, but I'm hearing I might not get the kit kat update.

Hey, have you been able to get updated to kit kat yet on your Razr Maxx? I have a Razr M, but I'm hearing I might not get the kit kat update.

this is actually the first I've heard of a kit kat update.  WTH is naming the updates for them? lol

Im using a Razr Maxx as well ... the announcement I read said we are not getting kit kat ... only Razr M and Razr Maxx HD as far as the older Razrs go.