Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rogers elevated to Active Roster [Merge]

corgi

THANK GOODNESS.  Now this player will save this franchise from its losing ways.  He will revolutionize the WR position and will become the Colts greatest WR, even more so the greatest WR the NFL has ever seen!!

Now that all you Rodgers fans have gotten your wish, lets see if reality meets up with your dreams of him.

All we are expecting is a few catches per game that move the chains.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All we are expecting is a few catches per game that move the chains.

Oh no no no.  Dont come in here and downplay how the Rogers fans have been acting over him.  The overall consensus is that he is gonna be our Calvin Johnson.  (Yes, i saw that comparison).  Not that hes just gonna catch a few balls and move the chains every now and then.  Nope...not lettin you off the hook on that.

ya but that was college.  Lets see how it translates into the pros.  I see him getting turned inside out on those kinds of catches.

Well if it's any consolation, he rarely ever does it. This is coming from someone who watched him a lot in college. But i agree, he doesn't need to do that. Especially considering how good his hands are.

Rogers may not even see the field if Griff is healthy and Bey makes a few catches.

...but they should try to get him a few receptions just to 'get his feet wet'.

He'll see the field. You don't elevate a WR just to have him sit. I believe we're holding auditions for the "Reggie Wayne replacement" sweepstakes.

Sign a WR to the active roster & to the practice squad in the same day? We're serious about finding another WR other than Ty Hilton who's doing it by himself at the moment

either one would be fine. I just said whalen because he has more chemistry with luck.

I think it has more to do with they look at Brazil as an outside guy and Whalen as a slot guy.  Just by watching how they play.  When Brazil is in there he's on the outside.  He's more of TY's or DHB's back up than he is Whalen's.  Don't get me wrong I think he could Whalen's spot if asked to do it but right now it doesn't look like he's being asked to do it. 

Oh no no no. Dont come in here and downplay how the Rogers fans have been acting over him. The overall consensus is that he is gonna be our Calvin Johnson. (Yes, i saw that comparison). Not that hes just gonna catch a few balls and move the chains every now and then. Nope...not lettin you off the hook on that.

We got a bad a over here. He's not lettin is of the hook. We r just excited for this kid. We want him to do good

Well, welcome to the team, Mr Rogers. We hope this becomes your neighborhood.

However, fans might want to slow the "cut DHB" talk, regardless of Mr Rogers success or failure. WR depth is a serous problem for our team right now and any WR who knows the playbook......especially a WR that can block in the run game and can stretch defenses with their presence....is worth gold.

We got a bad a over here. He's not lettin is of the hook. We r just excited for this kid. We want him to do good

I don't think anyone is saying contrary. I think the point was more the principal of making loud, abrasive brash comments and then backing away from them. 

I would say there wouldn't be anyone here who will be wanting him to fail, but then again some Gameday threads it seems people positively revel in the failings of TRich and DHB.

This used to be such a good neighborhood. 

THANK GOODNESS.  Now this player will save this franchise from its losing ways.  He will revolutionize the WR position and will become the Colts greatest WR, even more so the greatest WR the NFL has ever seen!!

Now that all you Rodgers fans have gotten your wish, lets see if reality meets up with your dreams of him.

The guy who doesn't get sarcarm, attempting to be sarcastic.

sheldon-sarcasm.png

I don't think anyone is saying contrary. I think the point was more the principal of making loud, abrasive brash comments and then backing away from them. 

I would say there wouldn't be anyone here who will be wanting him to fail, but then again some Gameday threads it seems people positively revel in the failings of TRich and DHB.

That's the one thing I detest on this forum, how so called fans single out a player and try to make him the scapegoat. Some people write things that they wouldn't be ignorant enough to say out loud. At least I hope that's the case.

It'd be interesting to know how many 'individuals' hollerin for Rogers are also Cornerbackites. The "All sizzle and no steak" crowd.

Anyway, without an Oline, we're in for some trouble. The Rams Dline just manraped the Colts and everyone is looking at a WR. :facepalm:

Yeah, the oline is getting shoved around.. so we shouldn't acknowledge the Rogers move? Half the posts in this thread are negative towards some guy we have never seen take a snap for us. What do you care if some fans get excited about a new WR?

I'm here everyday; scrolling through threads.  You dudes with the big post counts are mostly just bullies around here.  Doing 1 sentence sarcastic replies so much its hard to tell if some of you like the team or just like pointing out all the flaws so you can say "told ya so" after something bad happens.  I love this team.  I hate the know-it-all "fans" who talk down to other fans.

I have my doubts but I hope Rodgers goes out there and puts up a big game and is everything everyone said he could be and more.

I just have my doubts though, you don't leave a player like that on the practice squad in favor of David Reed.  

But maybe he's showing it in practice now.

Yeah, the oline is getting shoved around.. so we shouldn't acknowledge the Rogers move? Half the posts in this thread are negative towards some guy we have never seen take a snap for us. What do you care if some fans get excited about a new WR?

I'm here everyday; scrolling through threads.  You dudes with the big post counts are mostly just bullies around here.  Doing 1 sentence sarcastic replies so much its hard to tell if some of you like the team or just like pointing out all the flaws so you can say "told ya so" after something bad happens.  I love this team.  I hate the know-it-all "fans" who talk down to other fans.

No, you have to realize that people with big post counts have been here for longer than a cup of coffee. We have seen countless numbers of illogical pointless posts. We someone posts something ridiculous they get called on it. No one is here to be a bully, and people with a lot of posts aren't above being called out either.

I don't think anyone takes issue with someone being excited about a new player, but when people make ludicrous proclamations about guys who have done nothing it gets annoying. If you stick around for a while you will get it.

Have fun and post to your hearts content. If you have an opinion and you can make a good argument as to why it's a good opinion you should have nothing to worry about.

Oh no no no.  Dont come in here and downplay how the Rogers fans have been acting over him.  The overall consensus is that he is gonna be our Calvin Johnson.  (Yes, i saw that comparison).  Not that hes just gonna catch a few balls and move the chains every now and then.  Nope...not lettin you off the hook on that.

True people have called him a Julio Jones clone so we will see.  

But I will say if he makes a few catches and moves the chains a few times that alone means he's already better then DHB.

I really hope he see's the field and does well. A lot of "experts" are saying him and Griff will alternate so he won't see much field. But all the fans here say he's gonna be #2 receiver. We shall see...

If he can somehow go from the ps to the #2 wr I would be shocked! It would be awesome and a great story but we have a better chance at getting rid of obamacrap!

I was wondering where you have been.  I have missed your pointless posts that only try to instigate things. 

Yes, because I am the one coming into a thread to spout sarcastic shots (and not even funny sarcasm) at people who get excited about a talented young player. The irony lies at you over reaction to a similar sarcastic post just several days ago.

I have not heard one post saying Rogers would be the 'saviour', some people have just over reacted to his huge upside.

Good thing you are here make sure people "don't get off the hook" when Rogers doesn't get 1000 yards in the 7 games remaining.

I really hope he see's the field and does well. A lot of "experts" are saying him and Griff will alternate so he won't see much field. But all the fans here say he's gonna be #2 receiver. We shall see...

The guy should get a chance to show something on the field.  

Reggie is out and DHB can't catch. 

Honestly you could pull DHB and put Rodgers in and it probably couldn't hurt us.  

You're not a real poster per se. You're another one of our already established posters. I don't know why but I see it on this forum all of the time. I will now refer to this behavior as being an "Incognito".