Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone else have a good feeling about sunday?

backshoulderfade

As much as my head is telling me "no, Peyton is going to tear us apart", "the broncos offense is nigh unstoppable" etc. I cant help feeling good about this game in the pit of my stomach. I had the same feeling before the seattle game.

Anyone else feel it? Perhaps I'm just excited for the biggest colts game in 3 years.

The only good feeling I have about Sunday, is seeing Peyton, Marvin, and Edge back together. That will bring back all the memories to all Colt fans. 3 of our all-time greats, who played together for years, and gave us so many wonderful memories..At least for a few moments, we will all go back in time..I wish they could have brought back as many players from the Super Bowl Championship team as well..lIke Bob Sanders, Gary Brackett, etc...

As for the game, I'm not sure about. I don't know which team is going to show up..The team that steamrolled the Niners and beat the Seahawks, or the Colts team that laid eggs against Miami and San Diego. I swear Monday looked like a completely different team was wearing our Blue and White. I can't remember any Colts team play as flat and uninspired as the Colts did Sunday night.

I don't really have any emotions towards this. Just an empty feeling. Just that "whatever happens, happens" kinda feeling

:dunno:

Wow..TK posted while I was typing this...that's exactly how I feel..And coming from one that has been a fan since the early 70's, I can honestly say this is the first time I have ever felt this way about any Colts game, and I don't like it one bit.

Peyton is part cyborg. When all the emotional stuff is over with he'll just be the same Hall of Fame QB that's going to take advantage of any defensive flaw he finds. His loyalty now is with Denver and his current teammates. I always expect the best from him, and Sunday night, I believe, will be no different.

I think we focus so much on P-money that we sort of overlook how this will all affect Andrew. He's going up against the Indy-God. What's his psyche going to be?

It's another big stage for him. He did well Monday Night but his receivers let him down. If he sees the same happening Sunday does he try to press more to beat Peyton, or does he stay within himself and try not to force the perfect passes?

Will he tuck in and run more? We shall see...

I get that warm and fuzzy feeling when I think of Manning being honored. Then dread sets in and I know I'll be saying "darn Peyton, how could you humiliate a team that just Honored you?"

Yes, I agree, I think it's bittersweet is what it is.  But, it's inevitable, they will make it our 2nd Prime-Time loss in a row.  We are NOT ready for prime-time at this point.  Jon Gruden said it best just now (on the Mike and Mike show).  Our offensive line is not suited for what we were trying to do vs. Chargers. and also without Duane Allen, we have no blocking for a Trent Richardson type of running attack. Luck needs to start slinging it. We really have no chance against the Broncos as far as winning the game, yea, we might be competitive for certain parts of the game, but the bottom line is, this is a loss.  Had a terrible feeling going into the Chargers game, even a worse feeling going into this one.  :Gaah:

As much as my head is telling me "no, Peyton is going to tear us apart", "the broncos offense is nigh unstoppable" etc. I cant help feeling good about this game in the pit of my stomach. I had the same feeling before the seattle game.

Anyone else feel it? Perhaps I'm just excited for the biggest colts game in 3 years.

I dont feel good about any aspect of this game...

..both teams staggered last week and the hype is going to infect everybody.

We needed 2 50-yard field goals to score 9 points....

Denver gave up 190 yards receiving to one guy.

This isnt the war of the worlds

Peyton used his RBs on short passes out of the backfield quite a bit last week. I'm sure he's watched film on us and knows that's a major weakness on our defense. Look for Moreno to run wild in open space.

Meanwhile, we have a great open space runner in Brown but we suck at screen passes.

Yes, I agree, I think it's bittersweet is what it is.  But, it's inevitable, they will make it our 2nd Prime-Time loss in a row.  We are NOT ready for prime-time at this point.  Jon Gruden said it best just now (on the Mike and Mike show).  Our offensive line is not suited for what we were trying to do vs. Chargers. and also without Duane Allen, we have no blocking for a Trent Richardson type of running attack. Luck needs to start slinging it. We really have no chance against the Broncos as far as winning the game, yea, we might be competitive for certain parts of the game, but the bottom line is, this is a loss.  Had a terrible feeling going into the Chargers game, even a worse feeling going into this one.  :Gaah:

We're not ready for prime time as long as we keep trying to force a power run game that just isn't there. We lack the personnel for what Pep is trying to do, and the result is an offense playing to 5o percent of its potential.

Peyton had to have watched what the chargers did to our D.  He's going to do the same thing and keep Luck off the field.  We can't stop the run and Moreno is definitely more physical than Mathews and Woodhead.  It's going to be tough to bring him down.  Of course i want our team to pull through, but the broncos just look too good.  Only way I see us winning is if Luck can match Peyton point for point and we have to have the last possession in the game.

All I have in my head is to believe in this team. To me, nothing is impossible if you don't believe in them. Like with the Packers game last year and the games vs. SF and SEA this year. You have to believe and the players have to execute. The Broncos are beatable with their defense, and if Dallas and Jacksonville can exploit it, Indy can. You have to score every drive to beat Peyton's offense too.

Just from a straight, objective stance, no I do not think we'll win. 

We're too hurt. Questionmarks hoover above the eligibility of two of our best defenders (Freeman & Landry). We lost the heart and soul of our new "tough" offense in Allen and Bradshaw. 

Irsay poked the angry bear with his short stick. Not the best idea. 

We can do this, we can win. But it's not gonna happen if we make even a fraction of the mistakes we made against a far inferior team to Denver, the Chargers. 

If we don't make numerous bonehead errors/penalties, it's anyone's game. 

Whatever comes, comes.

This is my mind set at this time. As long as the team doesn't look like a bunch of clowns in a 2 1/2 ring circus.....

Wait, my wine... I mean, my mind is telling me the Colts score a last second touchdown and.......Oh, lose by 17.