Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Best team in the NFL: Indianapolis Colts

MR. Blueblood

I'd like to see the Broncos verse a "good" team, best opponent they played was the mediocre Cowboys and they lost by three points. Just wait til the Colts, Chiefs, Patriots and see how Broncos does.

As for the Colts, they are a good team. I don't think they are the best, yet, because we still have areas to improve plus we have to eliminate the slow starts and three and outs. 

we have the type of defensive to give peyton fits, but we have to avoid getting into a shoot out with peyton otherwise we dont stand a chance

Some of you guys need to get away from the 'Peyton is immortal' crapola. We know he's a fantastic player, but he makes mistakes, and he can be stopped.

Some of you guys need to get away from the 'Peyton is immortal' crapola. We know he's a fantastic player, but he makes mistakes, and he can be stopped.

im confident we can beat him, but the what im saying is we cant play his game. he wants us to score fast and match him point for point because thats his game.

Just think how much better we would be with everyone on our team healthy and not out for the year (Ballard, Bradshaw, Allen, Thomas).  With Landry back probably next week and RJF back this week our defense will be even better.  

That works for every team pretty much.

Imagine how lethal the Patriots would be with Gronkowski, who's still not back yet, and Wilfork

Broncos with Clady back

Seahawks with Percy Harvin back

Im not saying those losses arent big of ours, but technically we replaced Ballard and Bradshaw with a better version in Trent Richardson. Fleener was a higher round pick than Allen, and its finally his time to show it.

Imagine how lethal the Patriots would be with Gronkowski, who's still not back yet, and Wilfork

Broncos with Clady back

Im not saying those losses arent big of ours, but technically we replaced Ballard and Bradshaw with a better version in Trent Richardson. Fleener was a higher round pick than Allen, and its finally his time to show it.

"Seahawks with Percy Harvin back"?

It's his first year there. They won without him last year and are doing it this year. He'll make an impact when he finally plays but waiting for Percy Harvin to play is like Bull fans waiting for Derek Rose to come back

"Seahawks with Percy Harvin back"?

It's his first year there. They won without him last year and are doing it this year. He'll make an impact when he finally plays but waiting for Percy Harvin to play is like Bull fans waiting for Derek Rose to come back

Regardless, we'll be fine even with the injuries we have because we have players stepping up in their positions.

Every NFL team deals with some sort of injury, the Packers just a few years ago are a great example. I dont remember off the top of my head how many, but they had MANY starting players out for the year but they still ended up winning the SuperBowl.

Great teams overcome injuries, which I think we can.

By the way, with that comparison you are giving Harvin lot of credit. The Bulls are a playoff team without Rose, but theyre a championship contender with him. Without Harvin the Seahawks are locked for NFC title game, but with him I believe they can easily be SuperBowl champion contenders. You cannot rely on the hands of Golden Tate, Sidney Rice, and Doug Baldwin when the game is on the line.

The hype is nice though, ain't it? I mean, it's overblown and a bit premature, sure. But it's nice to have media pundits overrating our team again. 

We can win a SB with this team in 2013. Sure can. I still feel we're a year or two off from serious contention, but we're at least capable of such in 2013, and that's good enough for me. 

The answer to this question will be found out next Sunday when the Broncs come to town.

We may not win next week, but we can definately win In Denver in the cold with the playoff pressure...We are built for just that and Peyton should choke when it matters most as he has always done...

Peter Schrager picks the Colts while Mike Garafolo pick the Broncos.  Just a quick little video.

http://t.foxsports.msn.com/video?videoid=8c48198d-7130-4e3c-8f1f-8147ca1c714d

I hope I am making sense

advantage Colts, we get Denver & at home for 1,. are more balanced team  for 2 

Colts will be 1st seed 

heres why , besides our schedule Denver Vs KC sched lends to give KC as easier one as

KC may  have advantage Vs Denver , Denver plays KC twice late in season in span of 3 weeks , teams not in common Denver gets last years winner in division, KC  plays last year division  losers , these 2 teams may beat on each other & if we just beat one of the 2 may be enough to have 1st seed  ,

(((   we do play at KC however but as noted below we showed our mettle Vs 49;rs and seahawks and can win at KC, they havent plaid a team like us yet, nor have broncos

Denver plays   at Pats, as well

Vs AFC South Denver is at Texans next to last game of season and at  Our Colts next week , week 7

,Denver gets Titans & Jax at hoime

KC the reverse  , which is tougher,playing at hoime Vs Jax & colts  compared to Denvers 2 away  games in afc south

, Colts game will be tough for KC  them even in KC as  I note below  we have showed mettle Vs good teams

KC almost lost Vs titans , were lucky to barley win as was Titans first game without Lockler at QB , Kc gets Colts at home as said, but we will be ready to go there

we have proved mettle Vs Sea hawks and 49'rs

Denver right now is wounded down Ayers and Woodward  , hoe f good will they be if can play Vs us next week

Colts have better DBs

Von Miller & Bailey have to be ruisty

Chargers will Keep Colts sharp for Denver, Will jaxsonville keep Denver sharp for colts

If, and I know a BIG if, we're able to go to San Diego and beat a hungry Chargers team AND somehow contain Peyton and beat the Broncos the following week...I dont see how an argument could be made that we are NOT the best team in the NFL.

Be ready. They will find a way to make our win les than impressive.... They only find excuses for teams when they lose to the colts I.e. seahwks, 49ers

Be ready. They will find a way to make our win les than impressive.... They only find excuses for teams when they lose to the colts I.e. seahwks, 49ers

Oh Im sure the first excuse will be that Von Miller wasnt in game shape/rust etc. Then itll be that it was played in LOS not at Mile High.

Shaking my head

Hey guys, I'm a worried colts fan in San Diego because we might not get to see the game due to blackout problems. People are saying that since the chargers got the 24 hour blackout extension, the owner will buy the rest of the tickets at the deadline. Is this likely or will the game be blacked out?

Hey guys, I'm a worried colts fan in San Diego because we might not get to see the game due to blackout problems. People are saying that since the chargers got the 24 hour blackout extension, the owner will buy the rest of the tickets at the deadline. Is this likely or will the game be blacked out?

Wrong thread. There's a thread about this already

http://forums.colts.com/topic/21610-colts-at-chargers-%E2%80%9Cvery-likely%E2%80%9D-to-be-blacked-out-on-monday-night/#entry593969

More hype for Colts and Broncos.  From the moment we beat Seattle I said they were going to try to build it as a battle of the top two teams in the AFC assuming both the Colts and Broncos win this weekend.  I think building it as a match up of the best two teams in the league is a little bit of a slap in the face to the Saints but the Saints are pretty much being ignored at 5-0 anyways. 

we have the type of defensive to give peyton fits, but we have to avoid getting into a shoot out with peyton otherwise we dont stand a chance

We can beat him in a shoot out the key is not to make mistakes and to hope manning makes atleast one. now if we let them go up 21 to 0 at the end of the first quarter then we prob lose.

Broncos with Clady back

Sorry i don't believe Richardson is a upgrade.  Untill he starts averaging the yards that Ballard and Bradshaw did.  And doesn't just run into the line instead of going around them.  I hope he turns out to be what we wanted him to be.  But So far other then like 3 runs.  He hasn't done a thing.  And when Brown comes in and can get the yards he does against the same def.  Doesn't make me think TRICH is the answer.

Sorry i don't believe Richardson is a upgrade.  Untill he starts averaging the yards that Ballard and Bradshaw did.  And doesn't just run into the line instead of going around them.  I hope he turns out to be what we wanted him to be.  But So far other then like 3 runs.  He hasn't done a thing.  And when Brown comes in and can get the yards he does against the same def.  Doesn't make me think TRICH is the answer.

Look past the stats for a minute, there is a reason Richardson is a grind it out back whereas Brown is being used as more of a change pace back.

When Richardson is in there, its usually a FB set and one less WR, defenses clearly know its a run coming. They dont assume that when Brown is in. The playcalling needs to get a bit more creative. Im neither taking anything away from Brown nor am I saying Trent is surpassing everyones expectations...just be patient. 

When you start a new job how long does it take you to master your craft everyone is intitled to their own opinon but let be fair here, you could have all the talent you need for instants to simplify this if you have been a cook at McDonalds for five years and you change jobs to go work at Hardees do you really think your just going to pick up everything immediately no its going to take some time. Different menu,different burgers, different procedures. The same translation can be said in this situation. This offensive scheme is very complex and a lot of us need to be a bit more realistic with our expectations, Brown and Ballard both had mini camp, ota and training camp and Bradshaw is a 6yr vet. Trent will get better as the season continues and he will end strong late in the season as he stops thinking and start playing..