Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fire Pep Today

aliveon2legs

No, he needs more possessions

Colts had 7 possessions and scored 21

Seahawks had 8 possessions ans scored 12

49ers had 13 and scored 34

Broncos had 15 and scored 49

So you're saying our offense was better than Seattle's offense today even though they have the better line?

I agree haha

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather not fire him but I would like him to work with Luck on reading a blitz pre-play though.  He looked lost vs. it most of the game.

Agreed. Luck, Havili, TY, DHB, Allen, and Fleener all have to read the blitz. Luck needs to see it pre snap but so do the other players.

I think the problem was more Luck and the line not picking up the blitz than it was Pep's playcalling. I mean, that's the quarterback's responsibility to alter routes/protection responsibilties when they're sending DB's on blitzes. There should've been a hot read right behind that blitzing DB but Luck didn't appear to recognize the pressure 

Usually agree reading your posts 95% of the time but this is one of the times I don't. What I saw were all out jailbreaks in the 2nd half and it's kind of hard to adjust when you don't have the personnel on the field to make them pay. Lining up in the power I with one wr doesn't leave you with many options. Can you imagine sending multiply db blitzes against Brees, Brady, Peyton or Rogers? Sean Payton would be licking his chops with the playcalling and formations. A lot on this board want to point to the efficiency of this game but they played a bad team at home. I hope Pep doesn't have that Polian mentality and refuse to alter out of stubborness. (see o-line) Let's try making a couple of changes or Luck will get hurt short passes or not.

yea terrible game. If we play this way versus 49ers seahawks and broncos we will get destroyed. If you are going to run the offense at a slow pace like that then you need to score on each possession. Luck is too good to be throwing for under 200 yards a game.

It doesn't matter who we have as an OC.  It doesn't matter what you call if the O-line can't pass OR run block whatsoever.

Our O-line, once again, lacks talent. It will continue to be a pass blocking sieve and open run lanes like a five year old until we get some solid players. Guys like McGlynn and Satele just aren't cutting it in this league. Castonzo has talent, but is not being utilized properly at RT. Right now, unfortunately, he's our best option there due to overall lack of talent. Somehow Linkenbach still has a place on the roster, though I'm not sure he even played. He'll have a decent game now and then, but one good game doesn't make up for six terrible ones.

As previously mentioned, our team tends to get limited possessions. This carries over from the Peyton days where teams run down our throats and shorten the game thanks to our terrible D. Long, time consuming drives. First down. First down. First down. Repeat. More of the same today.

Like I said replace Satele with Khaled Holmes, and Mike McGlynn with Hugh Thornton. Doing so would really improve our offensive line there just bigger guys with more raw talent and potential.

It couldn't be any worse. Worst case scenario, they stink up the joint, too. Both deserve a shot based on Satele and McGlynn's poor play alone. They had their shot, give Holmes and Thornton a go.

If they stink too? Find people who don't. Test FA when applicable instead of shying away like Super Polian Nepotism inc.

Are you serious? I was kidding about the 5yds like I hope you are comparing a whole season last year vs one game against the RAIDERS on the yards per completion... :facepalm:

Says the guy who is foolish enough to get worked up over one game in which the offense had a total of 7 possessions. Your whole post was full of fail and was inaccurate.

It doesn't matter who we have as an OC.  It doesn't matter what you call if the O-line can't pass OR run block whatsoever.

Our O-line, once again, lacks talent. It will continue to be a pass blocking sieve and open run lanes like a five year old until we get some solid players. Guys like McGlynn and Satele just aren't cutting it in this league. Castonzo has talent, but is not being utilized properly at RT. Right now, unfortunately, he's our best option there due to overall lack of talent. Somehow Linkenbach still has a place on the roster, though I'm not sure he even played. He'll have a decent game now and then, but one good game doesn't make up for six terrible ones.

As previously mentioned, our team tends to get limited possessions. This carries over from the Peyton days where teams run down our throats and shorten the game thanks to our terrible D. Long, time consuming drives. First down. First down. First down. Repeat. More of the same today.

Agree with your post about the o-line and the defense a little suprised about the latter though. Thought the defense would play better with the new faces but maybe the need to gel more. I thoght that WHOLE o-line from last year needed to be revamped except Castonzo. Now that being said the strength of the offense is Luck and the receiving core. So regardless of Pep's system the best players need to be on the field to give you the best chance to win. On a side note this is the type of game I think Nevis could've helped on defense against Pryor.

yea terrible game. If we play this way versus 49ers seahawks and broncos we will get destroyed. If you are going to run the offense at a slow pace like that then you need to score on each possession. Luck is too good to be throwing for under 200 yards a game.

Wins are far more important than how many yards luck throws for

Like I said replace Satele with Khaled Holmes, and Mike McGlynn with Hugh Thornton. Doing so would really improve our offensive line there just bigger guys with more raw talent and potential.

I would suspect if 4 sacks/game continue we may be seeing both of them sooner rather then later.

Says the guy who is foolish enough to get worked up over one game in which the offense had a total of 7 possessions. Your whole post was full of fail and was inaccurate.                                                                                                                

:facepalm: Says who you?! Hardly worked up on a game the Colts WON! I was just chatting football and my concern about Pep's system. Now you can keep pointing out that they only had 7 possessions (scoring on less than half of them) and I say Pep had the offense limited with formations/personnel on the field against the RAIDERS. It actually took the Colts being down on the last possession to start spreading the field. Now the power I formation worked wonders at Stanford with the massive run blocking o-line that the Colt's don't have but Stanford doesn't have the skill set or speed at receiver like the Colts either. So my point is that Pep needs to adapt to what he has with the Colts to garner mismatches to give Luck and Co. the best chance to score even with limited possessions.

Let us throw for under 200 yards against the 49ers or denver. I guarantee we wont win. We were fortunate to win today with offense disappearing after allen td.

I didnt think he was serious about that run first thing, but it appears he was. Unless a WR can block, he has no need for them till 3rd and long

Yeah, ok. Stanley Havili and that tight formation with only 1 wr was very productive today. Gonna be fun watch his 3yrds and a cloud of dust offense against real teams.

Is it possible for you to have anything positive to comment on? You do nothing but look at everything as negative and take every opportunity to troll with your constant negative whine. How about backing up your non stop sarcastic comments with some facts or thoughtful debate? 

:facepalm: Says who you?! Hardly worked up on a game the Colts WON! I was just chatting football and my concern about Pep's system. Now you can keep pointing out that they only had 7 possessions (scoring on less than half of them) and I say Pep had the offense limited with formations/personnel on the field against the RAIDERS. It actually took the Colts being down on the last possession to start spreading the field. Now the power I formation worked wonders at Stanford with the massive run blocking o-line that the Colt's don't have but Stanford doesn't have the skill set or speed at receiver like the Colts either. So my point is that Pep needs to adapt to what he has with the Colts to garner mismatches to give Luck and Co. the best chance to score even with limited possessions.

We did use a limited number of formations but there is a method to that madness and that is.......Being able to run multiple plays out of those formations so that deception is involved, done correctly defenses wont know what to expect

Is it possible for you to have anything positive to comment on? You do nothing but look at everything as negative and take every opportunity to troll with your constant negative whine. How about backing up your non stop sarcastic comments with some facts or thoughtful debate? 

:troll: All he wants is to get under our skin so just put him on ignore and don't give him the satisfaction. 

No I don't believe so...   The post was indicating he got his live look of the NFL as his first on Sunday...   

Nothing in the post was referring to any previous NFL coaching

You mean that the post was indicating he was getting his first live look of the NFL as an OC

It could have been construed as first NFL action period, but we're arguing semantics here. 

This is true, how quickly people forget the Manning years.....     BUT, Fleener is NOT Clark or Pollard,  DHB is NOT Harrison,  and this FB thing?      

And, how is TY Hilton only seeing 50% of the snaps?   The object is to get your best players on the field.

There is no reason in $^& that DHB, Fleener, or that useless FB has any business on the field in front of the teams most dynamic player.

Pryor bailed this team out yesterday with 4 boneheaded plays.  (2 delay of game penalties, and a couple horrible INT's)  Indy was very LUCKY to pull this one out.

I'm not sure what to think of this team yet...

We did use a limited number of formations but there is a method to that madness and that is.......Being able to run multiple plays out of those formations so that deception is involved, done correctly defenses wont know what to expect

This is true, how quickly people forget the Manning years.....     BUT, Fleener is NOT Clark or Pollard,  DHB is NOT Harrison,  and this FB thing?      

And, how is TY Hilton only seeing 50% of the snaps?   The object is to get your best players on the field.

There is no reason in $^& that DHB, Fleener, or that useless FB has any business on the field in front of the teams most dynamic player.

Pryor bailed this team out yesterday with 4 boneheaded plays.  (2 delay of game penalties, and a couple horrible INT's)  Indy was very LUCKY to pull this one out.

I'm not sure what to think of this team yet...

DHB did a fine job and got a game ball, Fleener wasn't targeted much. I really have no complaints other than with the Oline and play calling on both sides of the ball. I'd like to see more Hilton too but we didn't get that many plays on offense.