Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What would you buy Andrew if he was getting married ?

Coltivated

In case anyone doesn't know what Coltivated is talking about, here is the story on Griffin:

When RGIII announced his plans to wed Rebecca Liddicoat this summer, it was met with predictable levels of support and standard congratulations. Nothing to react to there, even if Griffin's bride-to-be was a (small) part of a signficant controversy that ultimately led to the ouster of ESPN contributor Rob Parker.

However -- and you knew this was coming -- the quarterback's decision to post his wedding registry online has caused a bit of an uproar. It's not unusual to post a wedding registry, that is standard practice for many weddings these days, but Griffin's fans found the registry (thanks to the Washington Post) -- and they bought every single gift the happy couple asked for.

http://main.aol.com/2013/05/20/robert-griffin-iii-in-hot_n_3308564.html?1369088970&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl5%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D316020

Now to answer the question, I would buy Andrew the same thing he would probably buy me if I were getting married. 

After watching that ESPN 30 for 30 documentary "Broke" that Superman recommended, a iron clad prenuptial agreement, a shark defense lawyer, & a proven financial advisor.

Watch your money like a hawk, stay away from high maintenance gold digging women, & review all bank & accounting statements regularly on your own Andrew.

Also, buying a home & major car purchases in say Florida with no state income tax that an NFL player can claim residency in is also a wise idea. Isn't that right new Tampa Bay CB Darrelle Revis?

Lawyers just aren't used for divorce purposes. Hiding fiscal assets in the Cayman Islands is also a very lucrative skill to possess as well. 

A plane ticket to London to have an audience with Braveheart and Dan.

Free Guinness is included I would imagine BHC, but the charm, charisma, ambiance, & jokes are expensive, but worth every penny right? Just Kidding!

London a great historical city & I always wanted to see Shakespeare's Globe Theater LIVE too. Besides, I always wanted to recite Shylock's famous verse from "The Merchant Of Venice" inside there: "If you p rick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?"

SW1 has a flair for dark dramatic dialog actually.  haha 

Nothing, he doesn't need anything from me.

And that way he wouldn't take a picture with all of the stuff that makes him look like a DB (and not the football kind).

But then he'd be getting nothing from Nobody. Doesn't seem fair...

I wouldn't buy him anything.  He's a millionare partially because fans like us either go to games or watch the games on TV.  He's not in my family or a close friend.  

Luck would never do that.  I loved how Luck said he didn't belong in the Top 100 players.

He would never post his registry online?

I can't blame RG3 here.  He probably posted it online so his friends and family could get him stuff.  It's not his fault the news media was all over it and people started buying him gifts just cause he was the QB of the Redskins.

Not that I'm entirely immune to this, but people often invest too much emotions in their team winning.  

They barely know RG3 but because he's helped their team win, they are willing to go out and buy him wedding gifts.