Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

4th Round Who you got us taking?

I'm thinking that the value will be at S or C...  WR and RB are now viable value options as well... we could stash a high upside player at a number of positions and give him a year to learn the ropes..

I want Da'Rick Rogers, Phillip Thomas, Brian Schwenke, Jordan Poyer, Marcus Lattimore, Tony Jefferson, Joseph Randle...

in that order... One of those guys should be there

I'm thinking that the value will be at S or C...  WR and RB are now viable value options as well... we could stash a high upside player at a number of positions and give him a year to learn the ropes..

I want Da'Rick Rogers, Phillip Thomas, Brian Schwenke, Jordan Poyer, Marcus Lattimore, Tony Jefferson, Joseph Randle...

in that order... One of those guys should be there

I would love to see us take a chance on Darick Rogers ... he is a 1st round talent...let reggie mentor him

Don't know exactly who it is or when these positions will be drafted but IMO...

The Colts have 4 draft picks left and now I think they'll be specifically used for depth (as needs seem to have been filled).

My guesses as to positions we draft tomorrow for depth: CB, ILB, S, RB.

Even if Mr. BPA is a pass rushing DE/OLB? ;)

Don't know why you want to keep doing this, but to answer your question, no to more pass rushers.

When I say BPA, it doesn't mean they should take a QB if he's the best player on the board. 

Let's end that silly thing now. Don't even know why you brought it up. 

Several names represent really good value now....so upgrading our depth is what I'm hoping.

Da'Rick Rogers' risk factor is perfectly acceptable at #121....and if he stays straight he could be the steal of the draft for whoever takes him.

RB Stephan Taylor would be an impact option there too since RBs usually contribute early and the Pep/Luck connection is there.

Some others I'd be fine with at #121....

Shamarko Thomas SS

Josh Evans FS

Brandon Jernkins OLB

Trevardo WIlliams OLB

Brian Schwenke C

Several names represent really good value now....so upgrading our depth is what I'm hoping.

Da'Rick Rogers' risk factor is perfectly acceptable at #121....and if he stays straight he could be the steal of the draft for whoever takes him.

RB Stephan Taylor would be an impact option there too since RBs usually contribute early and the Pep/Luck connection is there.

Some others I'd be fine with at #121....

Shamarko Thomas SS

Josh Evans FS

Brandon Jernkins OLB

Trevardo WIlliams OLB

Brian Schwenke C

I hate to disagree with you, since most of the time I agree with your perspective,  but Taylor doesn't impress me.. We already have  that same type back in Vick Ballard..if we got RB, I'm still sticking with Jonathan Franklin from UCLA, or Kenjon Barner from Oregon..plus Barner can return kickoffs, thus filling another need we have.Both Franklin and Barner are  faster and more elusive that Taylor, and Barner had to wait his turn behind LaMichael James...when he got his shot he got over 1700 yards while sitting in a lot of their games...Franklin is a very good blocker, and both have good hands out of the backfield...Just because Taylor played under Pep and with Luck doesn't make him the best of the rest RB pick for us..

Don't know why you want to keep doing this, but to answer your question, no to more pass rushers.

When I say BPA, it doesn't mean they should take a QB if he's the best player on the board. 

Let's end that silly thing now. Don't even know why you brought it up. 

The difference is that you can play more than one pass rusher at a time...well you can do that with QB's too but only with gimmicky formations like wildcat or something like that.  

why did I ask?  just curious what your answer would be.  And it would seem that others wouldn't be upset if another pass rusher were taken, just as I would not be if Brandon Jenkins happens to still be there at our 4th round pick.  No reason not to bring in another if he's the best player they have on the board at the time.   ;)

what position(s) would you prefer to address with the remaining picks?

Patton would be the dream candidate....  but I don't see him falling to where we pick in the 4th round, and I doubt we'll trade up.

So....

I'll offer two candidates on offense and two on defense....

Defense:  Commings, the jumbo corner from Georgia.   I see him as a poor man's Xavier Rhodes.   And, if he has issues at corner, he can move inside to safety.    Or, Thomas, the safety from Fresno.

Offense:  Ellington.   Explosive RB.   Surprised he's still on the board.  Doubt he falls to Colts.   If he doesn't, then Franklin at UCLA.

Vince Williams MLB from Florida State has been shooting up the board ever since the senior bowl. He's big and fast (4.71 forty) and can really lay the lumber.

Da Rick Rogers has character issues, but he has talent that's for sure.

Gillespie RB for Florida is smallish, but quick and can get us some yards when needed.

If Williams knee is messed up is it messed up for this season but will be OK, or is it messed up to where he won't come back? If it's just hurt for now this is a perfect spot for him.

I would love to see us take a chance on Darick Rogers ... he is a 1st round talent...let reggie mentor him

Yeah, he got great talent.. and I don't mind that cocky attitude on WRs, but the dude has to show up and work..

I don't know if he's still in our board.. but man.. if he's there at pick 121 it's GREAT GREAT value..

Vince Williams MLB from Florida State has been shooting up the board ever since the senior bowl. He's big and fast (4.71 forty) and can really lay the lumber.

Da Rick Rogers has character issues, but he has talent that's for sure.

Gillespie RB for Florida is smallish, but quick and can get us some yards when needed.

If Williams knee is messed up is it messed up for this season but will be OK, or is it messed up to where he won't come back? If it's just hurt for now this is a perfect spot for him.

What exactly did rogerd get kicked out of tennessee for? Apparently he passed 10 drug tests last season. At least I heard that.

I would like Lattimore, Patton, or Jesse Williams. I would be happy with any of them. I'd even be happy with Stephan Taylor too.

This is as close to my thinking as possible. I think Lattimore's injuries have made him that much more of a hard worker, I really love Patton and have no idea how he's slid down this far (I think it's funny how his NFL comparison on nfl.com is Reggie Wayne), and I'd also love some more players to fit in our D-line, as we don't have great depth. And I'd be perfectly okay getting Taylor, he's a good tough, yet shifty back who'd be a good compliment to Ballard.