Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What would help AL12 more?

MarquisJ

What would help AL12 more?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What would help AL12 more?

Oh, man - another poll without enough choices!

Since Luck plays only on the offensive side, changes to the defense do exactly nothing for him directly.  (Unless you want to resurrect the old Polian "built to play with a lead" strategy). 

But defensive changes certainly help the team.

Ugghhh.....

Both!

A stronger defense means getting the other team's offense off the field.

giving Luck & Co. more opportunity to score.

O-Line strength means better execution by the O and more time and better health for #12.

With the players added through FA, it gives the team the opportunity to draft the BPA,

regardless of which side of the ball.

In Grigs We Trust!

I'm no football expert but I do have some things I would like to bring out from a simple fans point of view. Out of those 2 options I chose Improved D. Defense wins championships, you don't even need a great QB to do it, the Baltimore Ravens just won a Super Bowl with an average QB in Joe Flacco. If the Peyton Manning era Colts DEFENSE were at the level they were at during our 2006/2007 super bowl run every season I guarantee the Colts have more Super Bowl wins. If you have a great QB with a good/great Defense, you can win multiple championships. A good example would be the Pats. Since the Patriots have had an average D they haven't won a single Super Bowl :heh: . The Eli Manning led Giants. An older example are the Pittsburgh Steelers of the 70's. Although you look back and see so many HOF's on the offensive side of the ball, without the defense, that team wouldn't have had 4 super bowl wins and you can be sure those offensive players like Bradshaw, Franco Harris, Lynn Swann, John Stallworth, etc. wouldn't be in the HOF. As long as you have good protection for a QB like Andrew Luck the offensive weapons will be utilized to their potential, I want to see a good defense take the load. 

/endrant

A great QB can make his wr's and Tight Ends around him look good or even great, Heck as we saw for years that great QB with quick trigger can negate the fiercest of pass rushers. There were times when Luck was his own worst enemy last year hanging onto the ball, there were other times Arians was Lucks enemy with some really ridiculous play calling at times and there were even more times I questioned whether the majority of our O Linemen (including some of the current ones) deserved to put on shoulder pads. I think with the new scheme and Luck gaining more experience and being able to get rid of the ball faster then that will take some pressure off of our O Line regardless who starts, What would help Luck is 1.More experience 2.Some respectable O Linemen