Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What would help AL12 more?

MarquisJ

What would help AL12 more?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What would help AL12 more?

I'm no football expert but I do have some things I would like to bring out from a simple fans point of view. Out of those 2 options I chose Improved D. Defense wins championships, you don't even need a great QB to do it, the Baltimore Ravens just won a Super Bowl with an average QB in Joe Flacco. If the Peyton Manning era Colts DEFENSE were at the level they were at during our 2006/2007 super bowl run every season I guarantee the Colts have more Super Bowl wins. If you have a great QB with a good/great Defense, you can win multiple championships. A good example would be the Pats. Since the Patriots have had an average D they haven't won a single Super Bowl :heh: . The Eli Manning led Giants. An older example are the Pittsburgh Steelers of the 70's. Although you look back and see so many HOF's on the offensive side of the ball, without the defense, that team wouldn't have had 4 super bowl wins and you can be sure those offensive players like Bradshaw, Franco Harris, Lynn Swann, John Stallworth, etc. wouldn't be in the HOF. As long as you have good protection for a QB like Andrew Luck the offensive weapons will be utilized to their potential, I want to see a good defense take the load. 

/endrant

"Defense wins championships"......the most overused cliche in football. Talented, well balanced teams tend to win the SB.

I'm no football expert but I do have some things I would like to bring out from a simple fans point of view. Out of those 2 options I chose Improved D. Defense wins championships, you don't even need a great QB to do it, the Baltimore Ravens just won a Super Bowl with an average QB in Joe Flacco. If the Peyton Manning era Colts DEFENSE were at the level they were at during our 2006/2007 super bowl run every season I guarantee the Colts have more Super Bowl wins. If you have a great QB with a good/great Defense, you can win multiple championships. A good example would be the Pats. Since the Patriots have had an average D they haven't won a single Super Bowl :heh: . The Eli Manning led Giants. An older example are the Pittsburgh Steelers of the 70's. Although you look back and see so many HOF's on the offensive side of the ball, without the defense, that team wouldn't have had 4 super bowl wins and you can be sure those offensive players like Bradshaw, Franco Harris, Lynn Swann, John Stallworth, etc. wouldn't be in the HOF. As long as you have good protection for a QB like Andrew Luck the offensive weapons will be utilized to their potential, I want to see a good defense take the load. 

/endrant

Joe Flacco was far from average in the play-offs. Getting hot when it counts, all over the field is what wins you Championships. Your QB doesn't need to be great, but he must have the capability to be great when the chips are down.

"Defense wins championships"......the most overused cliche in football. Talented, well balanced teams tend to win the SB.

Joe Flacco was far from average in the play-offs. Getting hot when it counts, all over the field is what wins you Championships. Your QB doesn't need to be great, but he must have the capability to be great when the chips are down.

Once again, never said I was a football expert. Congratulations.

Where's the O-line choice??? When will many Colts fans learn that the O-line is the QB's best friends?

Where's the O-line choice??? When will many Colts fans learn that the O-line is the QB's best friends?

He has plenty of weapons the OL is the key to utilizing them,and I for one think he will get more chances because of the defensive upgrades,the OL has been improved, but do not be surprised when we go OL at #24

Lol who says the road to the SB runs through NE?Very presumptious IMO and think theres gonna be a handful of teams as good as them,maybe a couple better overall,im so sick of the NE mentality :hello:  :hmm: This is the Colts forum right?

Lol who says the road to the SB runs through NE?Very presumptious IMO and think theres gonna be a handful of teams as good as them,maybe a couple better overall,im so sick of the NE mentality :hello:  :hmm: This is the Colts forum right?

Put on the pads and play Brother!!!  Strap on a Simpson helmet, a Riddell....and lay a lick on em!  

The old man Ravens....took em out last year...why can't we?  Build the Monster....the 12th man will roar...ready to :coltshorse:  :coltshorse:  :coltshorse:  roll!!!

Put on the pads and play Brother!!!  Strap on a Simpson helmet, a Riddell....and lay a lick on em!  

The old man Ravens....took em out last year...why can't we?  Build the Monster....the 12th man will roar...ready to :coltshorse:  :coltshorse:  :coltshorse:  roll!!!

:disco:  :rawr:  :rawr:  :rawr:  :dancing: Believe we do just that Brother,after all we were handing them they"re ... with a rookie QB before mistakes unraveled  us with what we have now and will get in the draft no looking back IMO