Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New WR... per JMV all signs point to DHB

John Dee

DHB has everything reggie doesn't ( height-weight-speed) and reggie has everything DHB doesn't ( precise route running and reliable hands). u cant coach height-weight-speed, but u can coach  precise route running and reliable hands. DHB would be a great addition to the colts and reggie can coach this guy up to live up to his potential.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He said on air that "his" people that are close to the Colts say this is the logical target.

Makes sense really... Speed guy opposite Wayne and lets Hilton play in the slot...

Chap was also just on. And he said Irsay stated he was pursuing a FA WR. Not new news... But a far cry from all the "whopper" talk we've been hearing. OH well..

I think DHB is becoming very likely.. .

Is this the same JMV that sited Cruz at the Indy airport?

To be fair, JMV never did cite him at the airport. He retweeted somebody, quoting him, asking him if he had a picture coming to complete his tweet claim.

To be fair, JMV never did cite him at the airport. He retweeted somebody, quoting him, asking him if he had a picture coming to complete his tweet claim.

I'm not in Indy so I don't really know much about him.  I remember last off season some people said he had good info, others didn't agree.

IMO I just don't see how Indy cannot take a flyer on this dude...   for the right price.   

It fills a need...      and if it comes cheap all are happy.    IF DHB gets off then I guarantee Irsay will compensate him.

I really think this is the "mystery" player... 

IMO...  I think Indy made a RUN at "a BIG name" ...    and missed... 

So now after Irsay's "twitterfest"    He has been silent?      I'm thinking meaning he misses.     

So....     go to the next best thing....     Which probably is DHB, or L Robinson....  ???  

I'm confused.  Are you saying that DHB was the "Whopper"? Or is DHB a fallback because we didn't land the Whopper?

Well Irsay said he wanted a receiver he could market. For some reason a lot of people know of DHB, and his name is just simply good for football, and his initials work out pretty good as well. I even knew who he was, but had no idea what team he was on.

Irsay didn't say that. Some blogger did.

DHB I think would be a good pickup. I believe he had a couple concussions so I worry about that but we aren't talking about #1 money. He was over-drafted and never developed in a bad organization. Had 2 or 3 qbs and just never made it. But on size and speed he i every bit what people see in DX if not more. If it comes at a couple mill I think he would be a steal. We can also draft a wr I agree to be that #1 for reggie....but a speedster on the outside...speed in the slot....size at TE and Reggie we would have a pretty well rounded receiving squad.

Okay maybe DHB isn't a "whopper" jr whopper at best but DHB was not our first choice believe me. He was a back up in case the first deal didn't work. I say we pick him up and draft keenan allen or deandre Hopkins and cut a no name wr. Our receiving core would be nasty! ( Reggie Wayne, DHB, T.y Hilton, Kennan Allen/or Deandre Hopkins, Lavon Brazill)

Another thing to think about is was this player happy?   Did his team win?   A change of atmosphere is good ....   

Losing gets old...     and negativity is a virus.     Locker room culture is HUGE with winning teams..

Change is not always a bad thing.. 

I won't judge any player on time spent in Oakland. esp.WR'S  they have had NO qb  who was the last good qb in oakland Rich Gannon?

If you re-read Irsay's tweet, and think "a physically big receiver" when he says "Wopper" then it makes sense for DHB and it would mean he didn't  realize he was working us up into a frenzy over a "big name" receiver. 

Honestly, we weren't gonna get AJ Greene, Calvin Johnson, or Julio Jones.   DHB is a bigger name than people are acting like.  He just happened to play for the freakin Raiders for the 1st part of his career.  DHB is a huge upgrade at WR2 over anything we had in the last  few years (including Garcon).

I don't know if it is DHB or not....

But I think the idea that some poster floated that it's likely not DHB because it wouldn't take this long to get a deal done is false.

I can see that being the biggest issue.   DHB was the 7th pick overall.   He's used to making a lot of money.   He's probably shocked to find out he's not getting big offers right now.   And he's trying to hold out for the biggest offer he can get.

Some here are OK with him, if we're taking 'a flier' on him and think we'll just cut him if he doesn't work out.    I think DHB is trying to make sure that doesn't happen by making sure there's some guaranteed money in the deal to give the team an incentive to keep him.      I suspect that would be the haggling.    DHB would want more money and a fair amount of guaranteed money.

I could see the haggling going on for quite some time.....

Then again,  maybe it's not DHB at all.....    at this point,  who really knows???

Not that I'm totally against signing DHB, but it's kind of interesting that virtually no team has expressed interest in a 6'2" 215 lb. WR that runs like the wind. Sorry, but that tells me that teams know this guy is junk and don't want anything to do with him. 

All the dough is spent...   

If Indy is bringing in a FA it will be on the cheap and it will be someone looking to rehab their career.   

DHB is a prime example.    IF he gets off for a couple years and Wayne is fading?   $$$$$$$$$$$

Said player simply has to put in the work.   The payoff is there.

Tweet has left me feeling pessimistic about WR though.

I've deduced that unless DHB loses both hands in a rabid (insert animal here) attack, he is in fact an upgrade over Avery. (Thanks for the Lions game though Donnie!)

T.Y. Hilton led the League in % of dropped passes. 16+ %

tied with Avery

Maybe it was because their QB threw 66% of their passes behind them.

It's been a while, but I seem to remember a lot of Colts fans wanting to draft DHB the year he came out.  He was a receiver that should have been drafted at the end of round 1, but then the Raiders pulled a shocker (which continued in the secound round when they picked a guy that no one even see coming and they didn't even have footage of the guy to show).  He had bad hands then and fans wanted him, but now people don't.  If he's cheap, why not take a shot.

tied with Avery

I guess if you actually understood what the metric was then you would have a point.

It's been a while, but I seem to remember a lot of Colts fans wanting to draft DHB the year he came out.  He was a receiver that should have been drafted at the end of round 1, but then the Raiders pulled a shocker (which continued in the secound round when they picked a guy that no one even see coming and they didn't even have footage of the guy to show).  He had bad hands then and fans wanted him, but now people don't.  If he's cheap, why not take a shot.

That's not exactly a ringing endorsement for signing him IMO. 

DHB has NO bargaining equity.     His career is what it is...     And it's not much.  

His equity is all on HIM.        Physical ability.       I would take a chance. 

Not that I'm totally against signing DHB, but it's kind of interesting that virtually no team has expressed interest in a 6'2" 215 lb. WR that runs like the wind. Sorry, but that tells me that teams know this guy is junk and don't want anything to do with him. 

Well Indy was tied for 8th in the NFL in drops...   (36)

Wayne    8

Avery      7

Hilton       5

That is 20...      the TE's and backs did as well....     or not so??

This is an issue....     for the entire O.... 

tied with Avery

DHB has NO bargaining equity.     His career is what it is...     And it's not much.  

Which begs the question of why they didn't sign him if they wanted him.  Did he want vet min and a bag of chips too?  That would be one bag too many.

I'm all for signing him. It's worth a shot for on a one year deal. I mean, he could always come here and turn it on with Wayne and Hilton... We won't know until we try. I keep throwing out that Moss turned his career around completely when he left Oakland and went to a good team. I know DHB is no Randy Moss, but a scenery change can always do someone good.

All things being equal, I'd sign Barden over DHB, JMO. Like I said I'm not totally against it, but if teams thought this guy was just a "change of scenery" away from revitalizing his career, I think teams would be beating down his door. From what I've read, the only team that has contacted him since he's been released, was the Jets.