Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New WR... per JMV all signs point to DHB

John Dee

He said on air that "his" people that are close to the Colts say this is the logical target.

Makes sense really...      Speed guy opposite Wayne and lets Hilton play in the slot...

Chap was also just on.    And he said Irsay stated he was pursuing a FA WR.    Not new news...     But a far cry from all the "whopper" talk we've been hearing.     OH well..     

I think DHB is becoming very likely.. .

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DHB was a very early rnd 1 pick that got screwed by being drafted by the hopeless raiders.   If that is our target, he would be a cheap pick up and his potential would be far greater than the risk.  

I like this idea way better than Cruz simply for the fact that we get to keep our draft picks.

He said on air that "his" people that are close to the Colts say this is the logical target.

Makes sense really...      Speed guy opposite Wayne and lets Hilton play in the slot...

Chap was also just on.    And he said Irsay stated he was pursuing a FA WR.    Not new news...     But a far cry from all the "whopper" talk we've been hearing.     OH well..     

I don't know what to believe, but I think Mohamed Massaquoi or Julian Edelman make more sense. It could work with DHB as he surely has the speed. I see Massaquoi and Edelman as the only two free agent wide receivers that I would consider a "whopper". Both are young players with a ton of upside, and it is hard to judge their market value right now. I can see contract negotiations tough with each of them.

I see DHB as a potentially good signing, but it is hard to imagine that a contract would take 7 days to complete.

Grigson said that he scouts players that we play against and Edelman had a great day against us.

If it is DHB then good luck to defenses trying to cover TY and DHB running all over the field. I wouldn't want to do it.

I can't believe I am going to say this, but I would welcome DHB. The guy started in the right direction and actually got worse (2011 had a good year). I think a change of scenery would do him very well. Sometimes a refocus is all it take so to resurrect a career. It is not going to be a high risk signing. Could turn out to be a gold mine. I would actually give him a two year deal.

The kid is a burner; does a nice job of finding gaps in the zone (especially the deep zone); and runs solid routes when he feels like it. His hands can be suspect. Bring him on down.

The kid never had a chance from the minute he was drafted. I guarantee 75% of the people pooh poohing on him and never seen more than one game he has played in. Low risk, high reward opportunity here. Pierre couldn't catch anything he was supposed to and everything he shouldn't have. He could develop with the right QB and the right mentor. 

Who was he ever going to learn from in Oakland?

DHB awesome. The guy who runs less routes than Mike Wallace.

A lot of that is the product of what he was told to execute. You only run the routes you are given. The raiders wanted to make use of his deep speed an awful lot.

He is a big, surprisingly physical, and incredibly fast reciever who has had some hands problems in his career, but they are definitely overplayed and not as bad as Avery. He was drafted into a trainwreck of an organization that sucks the talent out of their players, especially their first round draft picks. And he has pedigree.

I am not saying he will become elite, but I think he would be a very intriguing project.

A lot of that is the product of what he was told to execute. You only run the routes you are given. The raiders wanted to make use of his deep speed an awful lot.

He is a big, surprisingly physical, and incredibly fast reciever who has had some hands problems in his career, but they are definitely overplayed and not as bad as Avery. He was drafted into a trainwreck of an organization that sucks the talent out of their players, especially their first round draft picks. And he has pedigree.

I am not saying he will become elite, but I think he would be a very intriguing project.

I've deduced that unless DHB loses both hands in a rabid (insert animal here) attack, he is in fact an upgrade over Avery. (Thanks for the Lions game though Donnie!)

Many see him as a better Donnie Avery.

He could be a solid #2.

I will agree with that. He did suffer a brutal concussion last year, and we know how those issues linger. I think he would be worth bringing in. There was a rumor surfacing that the Jets were trying to sign him 3-4 days ago so that could make sense as to why contract talks could have stalled with us. That said, it is not like we are talking about a huge contract here. I doubt any team would give DHB more than a few million a year. DHB should do himself a favor to sign a one-year deal with a good quarterback and give himself another contract year, just as Avery did.

IF We sign DHB, that doesn't mean we won't draft a WR. Next years WR class is much better than this one anyways.

Besides Lee and Watkins who is great as of now that might be coming out next year ? I cant really think of any others. There is still a whole season to determine some of the guys.

Well Irsay said he wanted a receiver he could market. For some reason a lot of people know of DHB, and his name is just simply good for football, and his initials work out pretty good as well. I even knew who he was, but had no idea what team he was on. 

Is this the same JMV that sited Cruz at the Indy airport?