Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay: WR target is veteran FA, and NOT a trade....

NewColtsFan

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How many teams does Randy Moss have to suck for before people realize his time is over?

He didn't suck for Brady. Then he pouted with other teams cause they weren't winning or getting him the ball. I think if he came here he would Luck and the Colts.

no not at all on that crap team he was on that never had a quarterback that was good enuff. (jamarcus russell,palmer,plus hand full of other scubs the raiders had in between-he never had a chance like other raiders players!

he was drafted in the first round

D. Moore is doing well on the Raiders. The team has nothing to do with it. They have no WR's & Heyward-Bey got cut, he's just not good. It's really nothing else to say about it. If we bring him here, he's gonna be the same person then all year everyone is gonna complain about him constantly dropping passes. I'd rather take a WR from this draft

He got cut cause of his cap # I'm sure his play had something to do with it too, but lots of guys have gone to other teams and revived a career. Denarius Moore isn't that great man.

He fits what Irsay was tweeting about. Maybe the Jets are offering more money. He has not produced like a #1 receiver to receive top receiver money. I also believe his last game he had a concussion so he could be a risk. 

Avery's best year is worse than DHB best year & Avery was playing w/ a better QB & overall offense/coaches. DHB isn't perfect but his size/speed is interesting w/ a change of scenery.

The only player that makes sense to me is Victor Cruz. Despite Irsay's claims that it wasn't him, I still believe it was.

it wouldn't make sense for it to be cruz. all they would have to do is make an offer. the giants either then match that offer or he is playing in Indy and the colts give up the first pick this year. that wouldn't take a week

Looking at the list of UFA WRs...

There is not a single WR on that list that would take 7+ days to negotiate a contract with, except...

Randy Moss.

Why?  He's not exactly in demand.  Unless you're saying he's trying to decide if he wants to retire or accept a small contract.

the only person available in FA that could command a double team (which is what we need when Reggie is gone) is Cruz..im sure most of you will disagree sayin Cruz aint special..but in all reality dudes got skills and teams double cover him..the Superbowl that was here in Indy thats who Belichek (or however the .... you spell it) was worried about and said Im not gonna let that guy (Cruz) beat us. 

DHB is fast with not good hands...we already got that in hilton, who is blazing fast with not good hands...before anyone disputes the hands look at the stats he dropped the most catchable passes in the league, yea he could improve this upcoming season i hope he does..but the next season hasnt happened yet so who knows

We are looking for Reggie's replacement.  Reggie showed this past season he can take over a game.  Marvin commanded double teams.  We need someone on that level.

Actually,  I don't think this is the case for right now.   

I think the WR we're looking for is a very good #2.   Someone who might the equivalent of Toler becoming our #2 Corner to Davis as our #1.

I think next year, we start looking for Wayne's eventual replacement.

Just my view of things....

Why? He's not exactly in demand. Unless you're saying he's trying to decide if he wants to retire or accept a small contract.

Because of his ego. We know he isn't in demand or worth very much, but his ego probably won't let him take a small contract. What was his contract with SF?

FYI - Per the great Jerry Rice on ESPN the best available free agent WR is Mohammed Massaquoi from the Browns.

So I went over to Rotoworld to check out what they had on Massaquoi;

"26-year-old Massaquoi has been playing soft on the field for years, in the rare instances he's seen it. He's one of the league's more injury-prone receivers. To Massaquoi's credit, he does run a tick faster than Chaz Schilens"

Because of his ego. We know he isn't in demand or worth very much, but his ego probably won't let him take a small contract. What was his contract with SF?

Somehow I just don't think he fits in with the Colts, image wise.  He's never been in real trouble, and he's probably been a model citizen in SF, but do we really want that attitude around the young guys?

I still think they tried to get Cruz.

it wouldn't make sense for it to be cruz. all they would have to do is make an offer. the giants either then match that offer or he is playing in Indy and the colts give up the first pick this year. that wouldn't take a week

Contract negotiations may have been the hold up... how would that be different with any other free agency signing?

Somehow I just don't think he fits in with the Colts, image wise. He's never been in real trouble, and he's probably been a model citizen in SF, but do we really want that attitude around the young guys?

I still think they tried to get Cruz.

I do, too, but Irsay did say we aren't going after him anymore, and can we even afford him anymore?

Honest question: Why?

Sell us on DHB in our offense.

ok so the kid is inconsistent with his hands and not the best route runner well we have reggie to improve his hands and route running. hes a bigger avery and never really had stability at the qb position or HC position to really get comfortable hes still young and anyone that plays in oakland struggles hello thats why its called the black hole haha.