Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ravens Win means good things for Colts

BProland85

Here is why...

1st - Ravens now have to pay Flacco big money so they wont have the money to resign Ed Reed, Kruger, Arthur Jones, Cary Williams, maybe even Boldin.

2nd- We dont have to listen to the silly crap that Kaepernick is a better QB than Luck because he won a championship before Luck.

3rd- San Fran will most likely be in the picture for the playoffs more so than the Ravens in the next 5 years or so because they have much more talent and arent loosing key players like the Ravens will. Joe Flacco is now going to have to carry that team week in and week out from now on.

If you have more reasons of your own feel free to post!

Outside of #1...I dont see how the Ravens winning the SB has anything to do with the Colts.

I pointed out that media and other fans would suddenly annoint Kaepernick as a possible better QB than Luck after a championship. That is just absurd. Luck has a much better pedigree as a QB and is far better than Kaepernick outside of speed.

And in the 3rd point, do we really wanna see another potential dynasty in the making other than the Colts? I was sick of hearing about the Pats, and if the 49ers were to win, they could have been on their way to one with their talent.

I pointed out that media and other fans would suddenly annoint Kaepernick as a possible better QB than Luck after a championship. That is just absurd. Luck has a much better pedigree as a QB and is far better than Kaepernick outside of speed.

And in the 3rd point, do we really wanna see another potential dynasty in the making other than the Colts? I was sick of hearing about the Pats, and if the 49ers were to win, they could have been on their way to one with their talent.

Who cares if people did anoint Kap. The media always overreacts about QBs in the SB. Its not like Kap isnt a talented player too. He has deserved alot of the hype to this point.

Big Ben won SBs early in his career and has been to 3 and most people dont think he's better than Brady or Manning.

There is no reason to worry about what anyone says about Luck as long as he produces on the field. Which we have all seen his very capable of doing.

As to your point about Baltimore fading away. I dont really think they will suddenly disappear. Ray Lewis really doesn't do much at this point of his career (now over) and even Ed Reed was noticeably slowing down. They could easily be a playoff team for a while if Flacco keeps playing well and Newsome keeps drafting the right guys.

Here is why...

1st - Ravens now have to pay Flacco big money so they wont have the money to resign Ed Reed, Kruger, Arthur Jones, Cary Williams, maybe even Boldin.

2nd- We dont have to listen to the silly crap that Kaepernick is a better QB than Luck because he won a championship before Luck.

3rd- San Fran will most likely be in the picture for the playoffs more so than the Ravens in the next 5 years or so because they have much more talent and arent loosing key players like the Ravens will. Joe Flacco is now going to have to carry that team week in and week out from now on.

Flacco was already in line to get his money.

According to CBS' Jason La Canfora, Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti acknowledges impending free agent Joe Flacco "boosted his leverage" this season, and that his upcoming extension will "probably cost (Baltimore) a couple players."

Bisciotti says the Ravens offered Flacco an annual $16 million "or so" before the season, but sounds resigned to the fact he's going to push for $20 million or more this winter. Some of the players Flacco could "cost" the Ravens are impending free agents CB Cary Williams and OLB Paul Kruger, and perhaps even veteran wideout Anquan Boldin.

Here is why...

The other side of that argument is that those mentioned players are now negotiating from an even stronger vantage point as they ate also now champs. Regardless of how well/poorly they played tonight they ate still part of that championship team. They will be asking for more money than had they lost tonight.

The other side of that argument is that those mentioned players are now negotiating from an even stronger vantage point as they ate also now champs. Regardless of how well/poorly they played tonight they ate still part of that championship team. They will be asking for more money than had they lost tonight.

That really wont bolster their negotiating standpoint that much I dont think.

I would like to get Williams or Kruger (for the right price mind you) though. I bet Baltimore will find a way to keep Williams though. Somehow, someway.

I pointed out that media and other fans would suddenly annoint Kaepernick as a better QB than Luck after a championship. That is just absurd. Luck has a much better pedigree as a QB and is far better than Kaepernick outside of speed.

kap has an edge on luck in speed and i would also argue arm strength other than that nothing else

That really wont bolster their negotiating standpoint that much I dont think.

I would like to get Williams or Kruger (for the right price mind you) though. I bet Baltimore will find a way to keep Williams though. Somehow, someway.

I don't disagree with you, but this still remains to be seen. I haven't seen any numbers on what Williams would want, but Kruger is already asking too much. We'll see if he gets what he's asking for.

I think we would benefit more from a strong edge guy than a good CB if i just had to choose from a position standpoint, though. I just think Kruger is asking for mad money. He's not worth breaking the bank for. My .02

That really wont bolster their negotiating standpoint that much I dont think.I would like to get Williams or Kruger (for the right price mind you) though. I bet Baltimore will find a way to keep Williams though. Somehow, someway.

They have Webb and jimmy smith...I could see letting Williams walk

Trust me the media and fans would start debating this soon if Kaepernick would have won.

i learned a long time ago that just because the media debates something doesn't mean it's true. Also I don't need the media to agree with me to think my opinion is right. I really don't care which young QB ESPN tries to tell me was better than Luck I know Luck is darn good and that's all that matters to me.

The Niners don't have to start all over just because they didn't win it all this year. They are just as dangerous today as they were yesterday.

Joe flacco has to be the absolute luckiest qb of all time! Never in my life have i seen a qb dead to rights so many times, and then he just heaves a hail mary 50 yards down the field and his receivers always make the catch somehow... That's all I've seen from flacco this post season it seems like... I'm not hating on the guy but come on, that's luck, not skill.

Ravens will still be a dangerous team with the way they draft and with John Harbaugh coaching them regardless of what they pay Flacco. Flacco might continue to thrive more too under Jim Caldwell.

But, any Ravens FAs we have interest in......COME ON DOWN. We'll be in contact!!! :highfive2:

Joe flacco has to be the absolute luckiest qb of all time! Never in my life have i seen a qb dead to rights so many times, and then he just heaves a hail mary 50 yards down the field and his receivers always make the catch somehow... That's all I've seen from flacco this post season it seems like... I'm not hating on the guy but come on, that's luck, not skill.

I was thinking the same thing.  Some QB's make recievers look good and some recievers make QB's look good.

So a cb that gets interceptions often means he doesn't have talent? I'm not sure i follow

Eh asante Samuels is known for intercepting the ball..not a shutdown corner but is a turnover machine. And a knack for turning the ball over to get it back to your offense would be considered a "talent" when playing football

I'd credit the Raven's WRs for this. Especially in the Colts game, there were several that I thought "oh, that's a jump ball" when it left his hand -- but Boldin goes up and makes the catch over the defender (even if defended well).

With Flacco getting top money, I see Baltimore slowly falling off a cliff. I don't think Flacco can consistently carry a team week in and week out and with Caldwell as the OC I see the offense slowly circling the drain each and every year.

It will be interesting to see who leaves Baltimore on the defensive side of the ball because of Pagano's experience with the players. I could see the team grabbing some of the FAs from the Ravens

So a cb that gets interceptions often means he doesn't have talent? I'm not sure i follow

A great CB doesn't have the ball thrown at him a ton, unless he isn't well known (Sherman). I shouldn't have said 'often', maybe sometimes instead.

Here is why...

1st   I agree 

2nd  Colin Kaepernick  was impressive this year  as was Andrew Luck 2 different QB's  . Both Winners with a bright future .  I'm so used to the Manning -Brady comparisons it would be nice to hear something new .

3rd  I agree

As a Colts fan I realize Peyton Manning - Reggie Wayne - Dwight Freeney - Bob Sanders - Robert Mathis - Marvin Harrison in there prime had to be resigned . At the expense of others .

With most of our money spent on offense at the expense of defense our Colts were a great reg season team who failed in the playoffs year after year & in spite of that won a Superbowl . To win another we need defensive help now FA will get some pieces the draft the rest ..

Baltimore fans insist Flacco is elite & now they gotta pay up . At the expense of those who were a big part of winning  the game -Without  Reed . Boldin , Kruger , Williams . Baltimore would have lost .

It is the end of a dominant defense with the retirement & possible losses of playmakers & Joe Flacco wants  a big chunk of money,So now ya gotta rob peter to pay paul , So you  tie up $$$ in your QB who without a dominant defense barely makes it into the top 10 IMO.  it makes it easier to play a team that has always been known for great defense after they'v been de-clawed .

So easier for the Colts & everyone else  yes. The Jets paid to much for Mark Sanchez & are stuck . IMO the elite talk is a double edged sword yeah the dude did good no doubt but is he the franchise ?  No 

Even Jim Sorgi has a SB ring thanks to his teammates .