Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ravens Win means good things for Colts

BProland85

This thread isn't exactly what I thought it would be but I'll still say what I planned...The Ravens winning it all ups the stock of a lot of the players they brought in for cheap...Ed Reed may go,Boldin is leaving, Kruger is leaving, I've heard about Jacoby Jones leaving, Arthur Jones can very well leave....they have way too many folks that are up to be resigned and they can't sign them all after giving Joe his pay day, that he very much deserves btw...with that said....I'd love for the Colts to pick up Reed and Boldin....Thing about Boldin is he'll want his pay day and I think that's more than fair, he's never had it. As far as Reed he has love for Chuck, he spoke on it on the NFL Network when discussing the trials of his season. I think he wants to finish with his long time mentor and wont ask for a mint for it.

So a cb that gets interceptions often means he doesn't have talent? I'm not sure i follow

A great CB doesn't have the ball thrown at him a ton, unless he isn't well known (Sherman). I shouldn't have said 'often', maybe sometimes instead.

As Nobody said it may also mean the cb has more opportunities as the other team is avoiding the other cb. The cb that leads in int's may be targeted (I say may be targeted). That said, to get an int you must be at minimum - decent. I'm not saying he's not a good cb but there may be another underlying reason he's leading in int's. If the qb leads the league in int, does it mean he's not a good qb? Or maybe he's on a passing team and throws a lot. A qb that doesn't pass won't have int's. Same as the O-line, if the team leads the league in sacks allowed does it mean poor line play or does that team passes. More opportunities for stats on your O and opponents D. Stats are great but there's two sides to that statistic. Have a great day guys!

You all are acting as if Kaepernick isn't a great QB......because he really is.......

I think he is, but he only had 10 starts under his belt before last night.  That is not a lot of experience to draw on in a Super Bowl, no matter what your talent level is at. Ravens made him flinch at crucial times, and that won it for them.  Kaep will learn from it and gain experience. As long as he doesn't get hurt from his desire to take off running, he'll thrive as (just) a great passer too.  SF will be heard from again.

As far as Ravens, their FA's were going to be top dollar anyway.  I know many actually predicted a SF - Balt SB.  A few stinkers late in the season muddied the Ravens waters, but they got it cleaned up before the playoffs, and Luck, Manning, Brady, and Kaepernick know it too.

I think he is, but he only had 10 starts under his belt before last night.  That is not a lot of experience to draw on in a Super Bowl, no matter what your talent level is at. Ravens made him flinch at crucial times, and that won it for them.  Kaep will learn from it and gain experience. As long as he doesn't get hurt from his desire to take off running, he'll thrive as (just) a great passer too.

I think what the Ravens did really well throughout the game was hit him on the option every time. That's the appropriate strategy...but I question the play calling...there were too many options to go down field that werent explored until it was too late...but that isn't on Colin. He's going to be great..and honestly when i watched that particular combine, he destroyed all the other QB's.....he was a steal in the 2nd round because he went to Nevada.

I'd take Cary Williams in a heartbeat, he takes risks, he gets burned sometimes but thats what happens when you take risks, I'd take that over watching Cassius Vaughn and Jerraud Powers getting abused some more

I like his playing style, but last night he shoved a referee... that, to me  is a big time red flag... for some reason the ref didn't call anything, but that was a huge mental lapse... in the Superbowl no less... I don't mind chippiness between players so much, but what kind of player risks getting thrown out of the biggest game of his career over something so unheard of? To me, that has "pay cut" written all over it.

You all are acting as if Kaepernick isn't a great QB......because he really is.......

greatness happens over time not over the course of 11 starts including the regular season, Is he impressive? without question, but here is a question, How is he going to adjust to defenses that adjust to his capabilites(that what will make him a great QB over time, his ability to adjust) because more often then not he struggled with it last night, the future looks bright right now but Im not ready to crown him great