Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Armond armstead signs with patriots.....

needanoline63

He probably chose the Pats because they have the best chance out of the Colts and Eagles to win a SB. Or Pats just offered him more money.

I guess he didn't watch the AFC Championship or every year before that where the Pats were sent home.

On a positive note..... we still have our $46million :yahoo:

It seems like there's some trickery in the NFL i feel were being targeted like the previous Colts being viociously hit :Austin Collie for example we then" the majority" of our starters ended up on I.R we. where. a force to be reconned with being the most winningest team in the NFL to the complete opposite with the new NFL rules being set in place it has now turned from an athletic, to a executive attack, a war of plucking out the brains of the operation thats why the Saints HC was under investigation for having hits on key players

It seems like there's some trickery in the NFL i feel were being targeted like the previous Colts being viociously hit :Austin Collie for example we then" the majority" of our starters ended up on I.R we. where. a force to be reconned with being the most winningest team in the NFL to the complete opposite with the new NFL rules being set in place it has now turned from an athletic, to a executive attack, a war of plucking out the brains of the operation thats why the Saints HC was under investigation for having hits on key players

what?

pancake-bunnyfirst.jpg

Is that you Austin?

It seems like there's some trickery in the NFL i feel were being targeted like the previous Colts being viociously hit :Austin Collie for example we then" the majority" of our starters ended up on I.R we. where. a force to be reconned with being the most winningest team in the NFL to the complete opposite with the new NFL rules being set in place it has now turned from an athletic, to a executive attack, a war of plucking out the brains of the operation thats why the Saints HC was under investigation for having hits on key players

Lol this post is about armond armstead and how the days of bill belichek and Tom Brady are coming to an end

It seems like there's some trickery in the NFL i feel were being targeted like the previous Colts being viociously hit :Austin Collie for example we then" the majority" of our starters ended up on I.R we. where. a force to be reconned with being the most winningest team in the NFL to the complete opposite with the new NFL rules being set in place it has now turned from an athletic, to a executive attack, a war of plucking out the brains of the operation thats why the Saints HC was under investigation for having hits on key players

You went off the deep end frank my friend

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="needanoline63" data-cid="399575"><p>Tom Brady and bill belichek will be with the pats for the next 5 years of course....<br /><br />End Sarcasm</p></blockquote><br />Whatever that means.<br /><br />Listen, your takes are very often completely off the wall including the notion that a player would sign with what has clearly been the best team over the last 12 years and showing no signs of slowing down. Is that so hard to believe?

QLdCn.gif

QLdCn.gif

Beam me up Scotty......and have the meow mix and some TUMs ready......I feel a little...Uh...OOOF....Ugg! :ill:  :barf:  :puke:  :faint:   t-h-u-d Forget it.....I feel much better now :)

The kid is young and not proven.  He has had heart issues .(maybe pain killer related)  I think we all got a little caught up in nothing to be quite honest.  :)  I am guilty too.  I watched the film....liked the motor...a couple of spin moves!  Grigs did not get him and the Pats did.  So what?  Are there other unproven stars/gems?  The football season is not even over and we are upset that a 22 yr old CFL player is not signed by the Colts.  Shame on me and shame on US  :rantoff: :)

We have the draft, and the possibilities of NFL free agents to continue to build the beast.  Grigs is locked in his office with a feisty guy named Chuck....sleeves rolled up....looking for the next Freeman....Mathis....Davis...TY...  They invite the new kid on the block in for his astute analysis....:  "Mr. Raye, Who is your diamond in the rough?  Who from SD has texted you Give Me A Call?"    "Who are impact players at each position who are available?"  Lets hunt!   :colts:  :colts:  :colts:

The wheels are rolling at the 56th Street Complex.  Does anyone else feel we are in pretty good hands when it comes to talent evaluation?  I am! ....THE OL WILL BE FIXED!!!  I guarantee it.  We will still critique it....but it has to be fixed....and right now the door is closed.......Go :coltsfb:  :coltsfb:  :coltsfb:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo: !!!!!!!

i'm going to ask a dumb question....how can he sign with a team if the FA signing period hasn't started yet?  It's not like he was on their roster and just signed an extension.  Is it because he hasn't played in the NFL before?  I don't keep up with all the rules and news regarding this stuff, but I know there are a lot of you here that do, so I'd appreciate some help on this.  Thanks in advance.

i'm going to ask a dumb question....how can he sign with a team if the FA signing period hasn't started yet?  It's not like he was on their roster and just signed an extension.  Is it because he hasn't played in the NFL before?  I don't keep up with all the rules and news regarding this stuff, but I know there are a lot of you here that do, so I'd appreciate some help on this.  Thanks in advance.

Im pretty sure its just because since he wasn't an NFL player, he wasn't restricted by NFL rules. If he had been under contract from another NFL team last season, he would have had to wait to officially become a Free agent in March(I believe).

Im pretty sure its just because since he wasn't an NFL player, he wasn't restricted by NFL rules. If he had been under contract from another NFL team last season, he would have had to wait to officially become a Free agent in March(I believe).

I was searching for the precise answer, but am slow to the party. What I see is he was signed outright to a New England Patriot contract.  I thought initially it might have been the 'Reserves/Future" contract we have seen,  For example Kris Adams of the Colts signing with the Jets I believe.

Balzer is correct.  Armstead has had no NFL 'affiliation' and is neither a resticted or unrestricted free agent.  Therefore it is just like signing someone off of the street.  I am sure there is more legal wording to it, but that is the gist.

I am surprised more talent is not 'found' in the CFL......and I wish it were still on TV like in the late 80s... :)

Edited by BrentMc11

Thanks for the answers, guys.  I thought that was the case, but I had no factual basis for it.  I'm also surprised there's not more talent found in the CFL.  I know it's not the NFL, but guys can go there and develop their skills.  Obviously, some have made the jump from the CFL to the NFL, and if an organization has their radar on, they can find the occasional gem as we did in Freeman.

I know the NFL Network shows some CFL game, because I've watched.  But, they are not on as much as in the past.  You would think the demand for ANY kind of football on TV would prompt one of the 'lesser known' channels to sign a deal to broadcast CFL games.

Thanks for the answers, guys.  I thought that was the case, but I had no factual basis for it.  I'm also surprised there's not more talent found in the CFL.  I know it's not the NFL, but guys can go there and develop their skills.  Obviously, some have made the jump from the CFL to the NFL, and if an organization has their radar on, they can find the occasional gem as we did in Freeman.

I know the NFL Network shows some CFL game, because I've watched.  But, they are not on as much as in the past.  You would think the demand for ANY kind of football on TV would prompt one of the 'lesser known' channels to sign a deal to broadcast CFL games.

Thank YOU Barry.  I was unaware NFL Network showed any.  I rarely watch it unless there is a Thursday Night game....or the Combine :)

Thank YOU Barry.  I was unaware NFL Network showed any.  I rarely watch it unless there is a Thursday Night game....or the Combine :)

I'm pretty sure it's NFL Network...I have all my sports channels saved to a Favorites list, so it may have been NBC Sports Network, but I don't think so.  Anyway, the CFL is fun to watch and on occasion I'll recognize a name or two.

Found this....it was NBC Sports Network -- 

The CFL, as of immediately prior to the 2012 season, had not secured a television partner in the United States. By default, the rights rested with the ESPN Networks, through their part-ownership of TSN, but they did not schedule the league for air on any of its traditional television networks.[35] In late July 2012, NBC Sports Network acquired rights to the CFL for the remainder of the 2012 season. The NBCSN deal included nine regular season games starting August 27 (including both Labour Day Classic games) and all the playoffs

Found this....it was NBC Sports Network -- 

The CFL, as of immediately prior to the 2012 season, had not secured a television partner in the United States. By default, the rights rested with the ESPN Networks, through their part-ownership of TSN, but they did not schedule the league for air on any of its traditional television networks.[35] In late July 2012, NBC Sports Network acquired rights to the CFL for the remainder of the 2012 season. The NBCSN deal included nine regular season games starting August 27 (including both Labour Day Classic games) and all the playoffs

OK...I will look for it....thanks...!!