Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Davis NOT expected to play week 9.

Indyfan4life

Hopefully he is back for NE. That should be the new goal IMO.

But, this stinks. We do need him but I have faith we can handle the next two teams without him possibly.

It really stinks he is going to miss the game vs. his former team. Bad luck here.

We never catch a break on D this season so far.

I guess there is hope he could get into practice this week but I won't get my hopes up.

I think this was a mistake. We have a couple older D guys to coach the young team, that guy hasn't played real well in our scheme anyway. Powers is the guy that has to go. It's been 2-3 years now that he just lets the guys fly by him.

Let me guess, because he doesnt have any INT's he's not playing well? The guy RARELY gets targeted. He's doing exactly whats asked of him, which is shutting his side of the field down. Its hard enough to make plays when the QB throws 3-5 yard slants let alone even being targeted more than once in a game. Having Vaughn/Powers on the other side is limiting his targets, however if the Colts can find someone who can do the same on the opposite side of Davis QB's will have to pick their poison and will HAVE to target Davis more. Then he'll be able to make the plays you are probably looking for.

He's a very good tackler, as he reminds me of Hayden/Jackson in being physical, but can also cover with the best of them.

Let me guess, because he doesnt have any INT's he's not playing well? The guy RARELY gets targeted. He's doing exactly whats asked of him, which is shutting his side of the field down. Its hard enough to make plays when the QB throws 3-5 yard slants let alone even being targeted more than once in a game. Having Vaughn/Powers on the other side is limiting his targets, however if the Colts can find someone who can do the same on the opposite side of Davis QB's will have to pick their poison and will HAVE to target Davis more. Then he'll be able to make the plays you are probably looking for.

He's a very good tackler, as he reminds me of Hayden/Jackson in being physical, but can also cover with the best of them.

Nothing to do with his game play, just that he has been injury prone. And when he isn't injured the media is hyping it up all the time..

I dont know the exact numbers this year because then I would have to go back and look at EVERY SINGLE passing play but I feel pretty confident in saying Powers is targeted plenty. While honestly he is not as bad as some would make him seem (including myself sometimes) he is not a starting Corner on many other NFL teams, he is decent but will and does get abused by bigger wide receivers do to lack of real good ball skills and inability to press

I dont know the exact numbers this year because then I would have to go back and look at EVERY SINGLE passing play but I feel pretty confident in saying Powers is targeted plenty. While honestly he is not as bad as some would make him seem (including myself sometimes) he is not a starting Corner on many other NFL teams, he is decent but will and does get abused by bigger wide receivers do to lack of real good ball skills and inability to press

I never hold a CB down for not being able to defend a well timed and thrown slant route (Powers gave up two or three on Sunday), but Powers ideally should be able to hold hold his own on the deeper routes.

I still stand by his tackling though. Once the Titans threw a smoke route to the receiver Powers was covering, and he tackled the receiver for only a yard gained.

Get well Davis.

Tackling for the most part isn't an issue for Powers. As noted above it's nearly impossible to stop a slant route unless all your LB's are dropping back for coverage... Unfortunately that only leaves 3-4 guy's going after the QB. The deep ball and everything else though is something Powers needs to work on consistently.

4-6 weeks??? Is this confirmed?

That is really dissappointing to hear..i hoping that he could play when we go to New England..i'm really starting to get fustrated with him..

not confirmed but with this type of injury, what's his face? (NFL injury news guy said as much) His name is Will something.

I almost wish Davis would miss extend time so you guys talking bout how he's a disappointment and all that could see how trash this secondary is without him. It will no longer just be Powers gettin picked on. Davis has been very good outside the Chicago game. I don't understand you guys.

I almost wish Davis would miss extend time so you guys talking bout how he's a disappointment and all that could see how trash this secondary is without him. It will no longer just be Powers gettin picked on. Davis has been very good outside the Chicago game. I don't understand you guys.

I think V. Davis was a steal..and we need to rest him until he's completely healthy. We apparently will be playing important gamesin December

4-6 weeks??? Is this confirmed?

That is really dissappointing to hear..i hoping that he could play when we go to New England..i'm really starting to get fustrated with him..

i'm sure your frustration concerns him. this is the nfl, people get hurt...both his injuries appear to be nothing more than bad luck, it happens.

Watch it online. Comes down with his knee twisted.

ouch, that sounds like a bad one .... ugh !! oh well, perhaps he didn't tear, he just stretched ligaments and has bruising. if he did tear, you're looking at 6 weeks easy. Does anyone know about the MRI on Fleenor's shoulder, he had it performed today according to Coach Arians.

Hopefully he is back for NE. That should be the new goal IMO.

But, this stinks. We do need him but I have faith we can handle the next two teams without him possibly.

It really stinks he is going to miss the game vs. his former team. Bad luck here.

We never catch a break on D this season so far.

I guess there is hope he could get into practice this week but I won't get my hopes up.

Indy has not caught a break on the injury front for at least 4 or 5 years now...

This just blows...

What are you talking about??? Opposing QBs are picking on him more than anyone. He cant hang with anyone.