Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LB's

stonehart1234

Best LB's  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we have the best starting LB's in the league when healthy?

• Yes
    • No

Not at all.. 49ers Ahmad Brooks, Willis, Bowman, Aldan Smith. Steelers: Harrisson, Woodley, Timmons, foote. Bears: Urlacher Briggs and Roach, Cowboys: Sean Lee, Ware, Spencer. Packers: Hawk, Mathews, Bishop. Jaguars: Daryl Smith, Posulusky Dolphins: Dansby, Misi, Wake Patroits: Mayo, Spikes, Nicovich Panthers(when healthy): Beason and Anderson. Granted when you put Mathis and Freeney as LBs along with Angerer and freeman we would be like 11th or something around there which is pretty solid

....What? People really think we have the LB corp in the NFL? Really?

Bears, Cowboys (if we're talking all guys being healthy), 49ers, Patriots, Seattle, and the Steelers are all by far better than ours. That's just off the top of my head.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty pleased with our LB's, just...let's not get ahead of ourselves. Freeney, Mathis, and Hughes are still question marks as 3-4 OLB's, Pat Angerer was a solid Cover 2 MLB, Kavell Conner is pretty good at stuffing the run, and Freeman has shown promise, but is still a rookie. Let's just ease up a bit.

I don't think our team has the best ANYTHING, at this point.

• 5 weeks later...

....What? People really think we have the LB corp in the NFL? Really?

Bears, Cowboys (if we're talking all guys being healthy), 49ers, Patriots, Seattle, and the Steelers are all by far better than ours. That's just off the top of my head.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty pleased with our LB's, just...let's not get ahead of ourselves. Freeney, Mathis, and Hughes are still question marks as 3-4 OLB's, Pat Angerer was a solid Cover 2 MLB, Kavell Conner is pretty good at stuffing the run, and Freeman has shown promise, but is still a rookie. Let's just ease up a bit.

I don't think our team has the best ANYTHING, at this point.

I think Mathis has proved himself at least.

Do we even have the best corp in the division let alone the league?

Matthis has show he can adjust, Freeney not so much and Hughes has been a bit flattering to deceive.

Inside Freeman has been a small revelation, Conner solid but not stand out, and Angerer hasn't made the impact I would have expected since he came back to action but is still decent in my eyes.

Certainly we're strong but as pointed out the 49ers set the bar, and I've seen a fair few of their games this season. They are out of this world.

No I do not think we have one of the best sets of linebackers in the league. I could see a scenario where Angerer and Conner are gone next year. Freeney will almost certainly be gone. Freeney has flashed at times, and has certainly been disruptive against the pass, but so so against the run. I think Mathis and Freeman have done well so far. I think 2 out of the 4 will still be here next year. You can maybe add Fokou as a third that is worth keeping.

I think the linebacking corps needs to be improved some.

I think we are serviceable. Not game changers yet. Jerrell Freeman has been a great surprise. I think we need to get another couple 3-4 style pass rushers. Mathis has done well, and Freeney really hasn't been bad, but they are getting up there and with a young middle corps, it would be great to see a new group grow up in the league together. I view a LB corps much like the o-line chemistry is very important.