Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

with freeney and mathis both possibly out who can get pressure on weedon?

Stephen

shoot he might get 300 against that defense

Again he has to play first. There is a report his rib injury will require more evaluation. What exactly that means I don't know. He could very well play this week. He expects to play against the Colts but he did so saying the samething Robert Mathis did before it was round out he would miss two to three weeks he said "I'll be back."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8505743/trent-richardson-cleveland-browns-injures-rib-cincinnati-bengals

I'd bet on him playing but we'll see if he's 100%. If not I recall their back up running back running wild on us last year so I don't know what kind of drop off there will be.

we cant let him have all day to throw.

Agreed. Need to dial up some blitz packages and hope for the best with our CBs. The Browns are not as bad as some people think. They have a very good young nucleus. Except for QB, I'd say they're more talented than us.

i think our season is going to have to be like seasons past, put up a lot of points and hope they don't score more. our defense just had no passion or heart if that keeps up it will be a real long season.

That's not how this team is built to be and I don't think they will accept that. The colts a a very inconsistent team which is what you get with young teams. I think this week they will be more focused on the task at hand

I saw Freeney get nicked, but I haven't seen any report on him. Freeman has a concussion though. The D is in bad shape.

We are almost playing our second string defense....

if we are without Angerer, Davis, Freeney, Mathis, Freeman and Fili Miloa

...we are going to have to put up 30 points a game for awhile

That's not how this team is built to be and I don't think they will accept that. The colts a a very inconsistent team which is what you get with young teams. I think this week they will be more focused on the task at hand

this team is young, the defense isn't so young, so i will not make that excuse for them. its a bunch of vets, granted playing a diffferent base defense. changing your base defense doesn't change simple tackling. and injuries are taking its toll. that being said them accepting it or not might not be their choice to make. we don't get turnovers and we let everyone score once they are in the redzone. so the colts have to score points and hope for a field goal on defense.

this team is young, the defense isn't so young, so i will not make that excuse for them. its a bunch of vets, granted playing a diffferent base defense. changing your base defense doesn't change simple tackling. and injuries are taking its toll. that being said them accepting it or not might not be their choice to make. we don't get turnovers and we let everyone score once they are in the redzone. so the colts have to score points and hope for a field goal on defense.

You cannot hand this offense to luck like he's some next Peyton manning, this team needs to try and be a balanced offense... right now they aren't supposed to be a pass heavy team... that creates turnovers on offense they are much better balanced...

Luck has a 60% completion rating when hes throwing at least 20 times anything higher and it drops down to 48 to low 50s

You cannot hand this offense to luck like he's some next Peyton manning, this team needs to try and be a balanced offense... right now they aren't supposed to be a pass heavy team... that creates turnovers on offense they are much better balanced...

Luck has a 60% completion rating when hes throwing at least 20 times anything higher and it drops down to 48 to low 50s

i am not saying luck is the next peyton or anything like that, i am not saying this offense should be unbalanced. i am saying the defense is going to put this offense is a tight spot. i think we need 27 points a game just to keep it close. and thats a lot of points for a rookie qb with a lack of a running game.

Hughes had his best game ever against the Jets last week. He's one guy.

I expect a rotation at the other spot. It should be between Justin Hickman and Jerry Brown. Hickman is the guy that many (including myself) were raving about in the offseason due to his success in the NFL.

Richardson might be a little banged up, but this game will be a big question mark. I'm not sure exactly what the Browns are capable of... The injuries are starting to add up again, and I hope we can come out of this game unharmed.

I think every game remaining this year will be a big question mark. They could lose to anyone, or beat anyone.

I think every game remaining this year will be a big question mark. They could lose to anyone, or beat anyone.

This game scares me more than my post count, or any other game on the schedule. I'm not sure what the Browns have to offer to be honest because they too have a completely different team from the last time we saw them... and I have yet to see them on tv.

Post number 666.