Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do you think it's time we start Mr. Irrelevant?

bap1331

Starter  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who should we start?

• Andrew Luck
    • Chandler Harnish

Interesting idea even if intended to be tongue-in-cheek. Chandler is the red haired stepchild on this forum due to his MAC background. Andrew Luck has some physical advantages in size and is scary intelligent including football savvy plus he played in the BCS competition. News Flash! Chandler is 90% of all that with a real intangible factor in leadership that Luck also has ..we hope.

Not saying Luck does not but with a score needed, Chandler has a sense of urgency that his team buys into...a leader who gets the points in a very high pct. of those possessions. Did it all through college and again in game 4 preseason. He is not Luck but is a very good back up given a year to smooth rough spots.

All the Colt Qbs have been indoctrinated so they stay in the pocket, even when some movement, ala Big Ben, can open up receivers. Perhaps more leeway will be given as the season moves on because the threat of pulling it down and running can keep a defense a bit tentative.

I'm with House on this one. If you want to win, put Harnish in!

Maybe what they're refering to is the fact that Harnish is known for orchestrating wins when all odds are against it. When things look bleak he has the ability to move the chains and put points on the board, i.e. Colts vs. Bengals.

Harnish was a die-hard Purdue fan and looked forward to 4 years of football with them, but they passed him over. So, when it came time for NIU to play Purdue, Harnish pulled out all the stops and made the boilermakers look like a bunch of girls. The halftime score I remember was 28-3 and they and they walked away with a deserved win. Just saying.

I think everyone knew this thread was in good fun. So so serious! Lots of grumpy folks. I love football..loved playing it, love watching high school on friday night, college on saturday, and the Colts and now Peyton on sunday....but its just entertainment folks. Makes me feel blessed for the good times and now during some rough stretches just like before Peyton got here I will cheer and root for us but I never take it serious....at least not in a thread that was DEFINATELY not made to be serious. Some people act like this is their life....and it if the Colts lose they will be miserable....hate to be their spouse.

Look, Luck needs time to learn the offense, understand the speed of an NFL defense, and not let a defensive players ever sack him. Therefore, I think Chandler Harnish is our answer. He understands the offense, he knows the speed on an NFL defense, and he will never be sacked. It only makes since to let our franchise QB sit a few years behind Harnish. Right?

i think we should use the double qb option with both luck & harnish on the field at the same time. not knowing who we are going to snap it to will drive opposing defenses nuts, and will lead us to multiple lombardis

I'm really surprised that Andy Reid didn't attempt that was year with his QB16 plan. One could say that was the sum of Vick & Young's #'s, or their Wonderlic scores..

With the right players a dual QB approach could be deadly, and even more so in the red zone.