Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Some match ups worth keeping an eye on against Da Bears...

needanoline63

Our colts travel to soldier field to face off against a team that is expected to have a good season(possible playoff team). There are a few notable match ups to look forward to, but the match ups I mostly want to see is....

1. Anthony Castonzo vs Julius Peppers: this I would say is the biggest 1 on 1 battle of the whole game, we all know what peppers can do. If castonzo can hold peppers then that would be awesome, it would give us a sign that maybe castonzo was worth our 1st pick last year.

2. Jerraud Powers and Vontae Davis vs Brandon Marshall and Ashlon Jeffry(whatever his name is): Both powers and davis are going to need to be real smart and aggressive to keep up with these guys. Both Jeffery and Marshall are big dudes, bigger then powers and davis, I definetly know that jay cutler is going to take advantage of that size difference by throwing some bombs or jump balls, lets hope Davis and Powers get some safety help when needed

3. Reggie Wayne vs Charles Tillman: will be a good veteran match up, no need to explain this one.

4. Samson Satele vs Stephen Paea and Matt Toeaina: Battle of the Samoan's, what's not to like about this? I hope Satele is feeling strong next week cause Stephen Paea is a monster and he is quick to, both are about the same size and both play very aggressive so it should be a nice battle.

5. Andrew Luck vs Brian Urlacher and Lance Briggs: Andrew lucks first big game comes against these two veteran linebackers, I expect them both to give luck a tough time, but then again anything can happen so I hope he does good.

On a side note a Match up we will unfortunatly miss out on would have made my top three, Angerer vs Matt Forte would have been awesome to watch, let's hope freeman and Conner can get in this dudes face during the game. GO COLTS!!!

The good thing about this match-up is that the Bears O-line isn't that much better than the Colts O-line. So, hopefully the Colts D-line can get some things going themselves and gain a little confidence. However, I would have to say the Bears front-4 defensively worries me the most. If the O-line can give Luck just a little bit of time, I think their back 7 can be taken advantage of.

2. Jerraud Powers and Vontae Davis vs Brandon Marshall and Ashlon Jeffry(whatever his name is): Both powers and davis are going to need to be real smart and aggressive to keep up with these guys. Both Jeffery and Marshall are big dudes, bigger then powers and davis, I definetly know that jay cutler is going to take advantage of that size difference by throwing some bombs or jump balls, lets hope Davis and Powers get some safety help when needed

I REALLY hope they plan on passing the ball. I would much rather have the defense playing the pass than trying to focus steadily on Forte and Bush. However, I look for the Bears to use a lot of delays/draws to set up play action to get the pass rushers up the field and out of the plays. I wish Martz were still OC, at least for this game.

1. Marshall has iffy Hands & Vontae knows this seeing how they played on the same team before & practiced against each other, so I'm not worried about that match-up

2, Powers can take a Rookie (I Hope) only thing Jeffery does have is Size (Like you said) over Powers

3. Tillman is NOT stopping Reggie Wayne. Yes, Wayne is getting Old....but he is no Slacker.

4. Collie, Hilton, Avery, & Brazill are gonna Stretch the field & I just don't think the Bears have the Secondary to Run with us imo

5. If the O-line keeps Andrew Luck on his feet & not his back, we Win this game

6. If we keep the Bears in 3rd & long situations, the Bears o-line will crash faster than the stock market did in the Great Depression era

7. Refer back to 1-6 to see how we can Win lol

The Bears' DTs are great pocket pushers and will test our suspect right side of the O-line and center. It is all about our O-line and D-line, this game. We have to be able to run vs the Bears and keep it a low scoring game. No freebies to Hester though I feel one breakdown in punt coverage is coming. :(

4. Samson Satele vs Stephen Paea and Matt Toeaina: Battle of the Samoan's, what's not to like about this? I hope Satele is feeling strong next week cause Stephen Paea is a monster and he is quick to, both are about the same size and both play very aggressive so it should be a nice battle.

Paea is Tongan. I'm disappointed you didn't mention Satele and his hair vs. the Bears DTs.

Posted · Hidden by Warhorse, September 1, 2012 - Personal shot
Hidden by Warhorse, September 1, 2012 - Personal shot

Oh yes, someone who makes fun of people who have been injured. I guess low-life scum come out when they feel threatened lol. Whatever floats your boat, Mr. Maggot I mean Magnet.

Posted · Hidden by Warhorse, September 1, 2012 - qouted personal shot
Hidden by Warhorse, September 1, 2012 - qouted personal shot

Oh yes, someone who makes fun of people who have been injured. I guess low-life scum come out when they feel threatened lol. Whatever floats your boat, Mr. Maggot I mean Magnet.

Simma down na

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, September 1, 2012 - personal discussion
Hidden by Nadine, September 1, 2012 - personal discussion

I'm sorry but that guy is like a nail on a chalkboard. I'll try to contain my resentment though, lol.

I'm not a mod or anything but I'd change your post before 1 sees it IMO. No insults.

I'm not a mod or anything but I'd change your post before 1 sees it IMO. No insults.

I made it a while ago, I can't do anything now, unless there's some other way to edit it.

The Bears' DTs are great pocket pushers and will test our suspect right side of the O-line and center. It is all about our O-line and D-line, this game. We have to be able to run vs the Bears and keep it a low scoring game. No freebies to Hester though I feel one breakdown in punt coverage is coming. :(

I think you are right on with this, both teams o-lines are suspect and both have pass rushing defenses. The key for the Colts defense is not allowing Cutler to roll out of the pocket and make big throws and keep Forte in check. The Colts offenses key is keeping Luck upright and giving the RBs something to work with. I unfortunately see the Colts losing, but it's not impossible, just improbable.

2, Powers can take a Rookie (I Hope) only thing Jeffery does have is Size (Like you said) over Powers

The general knock on Powers is that he struggles with physical WRs. It should be interesting. Id give Powers the edge though due to experience if nothing else.

I made it a while ago, I can't do anything now, unless there's some other way to edit it.

It's quite easy.

It's called THINK before you SPEAK (type).

It's quite simple actually, even a caveman can handle it. lol

SCREEEEECHHH! (chalkboard reference)

It's quite easy.

It's called THINK before you SPEAK (type).

It's quite simple actually, even a caveman can handle it. lol

SCREEEEECHHH! (chalkboard reference)

Was that a Geico reference too? If so, I am impressed, sir. :thmup:

1. I could be wrong, but I believe Peppers normally lines up at LE. So that one will be Winston Justice VS Peppers. I think we all know who wins that matchup.....good thing Andy has mobility and pocket presence.

2. Good matchup, but I'll err on the side of optimism. Vontae is gonna mug Marshall every down, hopefully Marshall goes all bi-polar and draws some flags. Powers can handle a rookie, but I am impressed by what I've seen from Jeffery. The consensus was that he was a fat, lazy WR, and I wanted nothing to do with him when everyone was saying they liked him as a 2nd rounder.

3. Agreed. Also Collie VS Tim '8 Yards' Jennings should be good. Apparently he became a pretty solid CB over there in Chicago......or maybe he was already solid when he was here, he just wasn't allowed to play that way.

4. May the best Samoan win. Satele can beat both those guys at the same time I feel. What concerns me is the Henry Melton VS Seth Olsen matchup. Reitz is gonna have to take his man by himself, so Satele can help Olsen. Them Bears have a nasty defense.

5. The only good thing about going against Urlacher is that he hasn't really played in the preseason. I hope they're forcing him back early and he's a step slower.

Let's hunt some Bears.

We ought to bring back The Painter.....I hear he's unemployed right about now. How convenient.

Hmm... Yes... We'll start him, and let the Bears destroy him... Use him as a sacrifice. Once their appetite for hurting a QB has been satisfied, we'll send Luck in...

Solid plan.

Anyone have Pagano's phone number? He needs to be told of this immediately!

We should have never released Tepper now at best we are gonna rely on an actual backup Tackle in Justice to go against Peppers. If Mcglynn plays next to Justice then to be honest I will just consider it a win for Luck to get out of the game uninjured

Was that a Geico reference too? If so, I am impressed, sir. :thmup:

It was.

i don't think I quoted it quite exactly tho.

I think it is: "so easy even a caveman can do it".

I watch ENTIRELY too much tv.

Too bad you can't get paid for it, I'd be retired with homes all over the world.

Oh well.

i have a bad feeling vontae and marshall are gonna get ejected

I think I'd take that.

We'd make out better than them if that happened.

A good old Johnson / Finnegan type brawl.

How cool would that be?

lol

Vontae and Zibikowski can be the "enforcers".

You mess with Luck, you lose half your offense!

haha

Well, if Castonzo does face Peppers, I would hope that the rating of his success or failure as a first round pick is not decided by a matchup with a probowler.

One of the positions in football that takes time to develop is the offensive line. Why are fans so critical of O-line draft picks in the first 2 years?

Well, if Castonzo does face Peppers, I would hope that the rating of his success or failure as a first round pick is not decided by a matchup with a probowler.

One of the positions in football that takes time to develop is the offensive line. Why are fans so critical of O-line draft picks in the first 2 years?

Im more critical of Mcglynn and Justice cause they have been in the league quite a while now and just dont get it

The key is slowing down the bears front 4 i'm not concerned about there secondary or there LB's to be honest. If the line blocks well and gives luck some time and we can get a little bit of a ground game going we should be in this game. I'm not buying the hype of the bears. If you thought our Oline looked shaky people seem'd concerned about it in Chi. If we can slow down there ground game and force Cutler with pressure i like our chances. Cutler has a cannon for an arm but when's he's on the run or gets rattled he makes some of the worst decisions any QB in the league can make.

Including the Link on Urlacher keep in mind this happend in Jan so he's not to far removed from this.

I think that if we can have a satisfactory run game and good pass protection we could out-score them... it's a shame that I don't feel like we'll manage either of these, but who knows. The preseason has really been to telling. One game the O-line looks servicable and the next they'll getting thrashed around.

Of course but if he shuts him down then what?!?

The key is slowing down the bears front 4 i'm not concerned about there secondary or there LB's to be honest. If the line blocks well and gives luck some time and we can get a little bit of a ground game going we should be in this game. I'm not buying the hype of the bears. If you thought our Oline looked shaky people seem'd concerned about it in Chi. If we can slow down there ground game and force Cutler with pressure i like our chances. Cutler has a cannon for an arm but when's he's on the run or gets rattled he makes some of the worst decisions any QB in the league can make.

Including the Link on Urlacher keep in mind this happend in Jan so he's not to far removed from this.

Coincidentally the play that presumably led to Peytons neck is one of the suggested vids in there. Could never find it haha