Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reports: Phillip Dorsett available for Trade

TKnight24

14 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Maybe Natson is impressing them a lot? He did look pretty good at WR last week.

Maybe, but my bet is Bug Howard. Huge guy, showed good hands and physicality. Moncrief is quite injury prone, they need an X / possession type guy more than such a small speedster.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say Reggie Ragland. We'd probably have to throw in a day 3 pick in there as well but I think this makes sense as two high draft picks under former administrations who aren't well suited for the new schemes (or are just underperforming). Buffalo is a team on the rebuild, and Ragland is not at all suited for Buffalo's new 4-3. The Bills might want to replace some speed after the loss of Watkins. Thoughts? Who would you want to get in return?

to browns for cameron erving. He wasn't bad in college, not sure why he can't  be better in the nfl?

Why do people want players from the browns????

If we trade him for anyone we need draft picks or someone in the secondary

Sent from my SM-G935P *

Reggie Ragland didn't impressive me at all in college and that was before he tore his ACL.

I don't think Reggie is ever going to live up to all the hype and I can see him being a bust for Buffalo.

Dorsett showed flashes last season and able to show me that he can play an important role here and produce big plays for this team.

He's at his best in the slot and as long as Moncrief and Hilton can stay healthy, they should be able to find Dorsett in some favorable matchups.

His speed alone is enough for me to want to keep him around. I watched plays where he literally blew pass defenders and speed is something you can't teach.

Just get the ball in his hands. It would be stupid to trade away all of that potential for a meaningless low draft pick.

1 hour ago, colts52761 said:

I like our wr depth, we should make a trade to bring in a offensive lineman. If not dorsett, what about moncrief?

No. Moncrief needs to stay here in Indianapolis and is head and shoulders above the rest of our receivers not named Hilton.

Ballard better bring back Moncrief after the season ends.

I'm curious if this is a legit report, or just an attempt to light a fire under his butt? Considering other reports state Hilton is about the only safe WR on the team at the moment. 

Moncrief can't stay healthy. 

Rogers is unproven. 

Aiken isn't impressing anyone. 

Dorsett has shown flashes, but apparently has had a hammy issue. 

I don't dislike a player that had no influence on his draft position, so a lot of the hate he gets is unwarranted. For whatever reason this team likes to use him incorrectly, and I guarantee if he went to a New Orleans or New England he would thrive. 

Lets all just wait until he's either actually traded, or shows up and starts contributing more. 

27 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

I'm curious if this is a legit report, or just an attempt to light a fire under his butt? Considering other reports state Hilton is about the only safe WR on the team at the moment. 

Rogers is unproven. 

I don't dislike a player that had no influence on his draft position, so a lot of the hate he gets is unwarranted. For whatever reason this team likes to use him incorrectly, and I guarantee if he went to a New Orleans or New England he would thrive. 

Lets all just wait until he's either actually traded, or shows up and starts contributing more. 

Agreed, I think given the chance he can silence his critics. Sadly we have not given a lot of opportunities and with Luck coming off injury and possibly ST starting games early , he may not have a lot of chances this season. Morris needs time with the first team for us to have a prayer stretching the field if #12 misses games. Luck likely will be rusty upon his return as well. 

4 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

Rogers is unproven. 

i think its true

the reason dorsett is being shopped is because he has missed time in camp and is falling down the depth chart

ballard has no ties to dorsett, while he did bring in  and howard and natson who have impressed

10 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Philip Dorset to the Jets for Sheldon Richardson. They're most likely to lose him next offseason anyways. 

I think the Jets will do the same as the Pats did with Jamie Collins, get some value off him before the next off season as he is not going to sign.

On 8/19/2017 at 3:56 PM, Coltsman1788 said:

Don't know why anyone would be surprised or shaking heads.  He hasn't done much while here.  For a first round draft pick, Dorsett was very disappointing.  Colts will probably get no more than a low draft pick for him.  If it happens then good riddance...we have plenty of other receiver options here to replace what little Dorsett gave us.

I agree with you 100% but we dont have much quality depth outside of him. If Hilton or Moncrief go done who is playing? I would rather have some sort of reassurance with Dorsett he also knows the playbook better than most of these other guys. 

12 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Philip Dorset to the Jets for Sheldon Richardson. They're most likely to lose him next offseason anyways. 

I could support this trade and probably a few others that have been suggested.  I think this is the best time to trade him and receive some value.  There are plenty of teams with player issues of their own that could move a player in order to receive a young receiver like Dorsett.  The Bills got the best of us in the J. Hughes trade.  Hopefully Ballard can pull off a trade that works in our favor this time.  I  do think he will have many suitors to choose from and I wouldn't be surprised if this happens pretty quickly now. 

8 hours ago, Colt-King 24 said:

Reggie Ragland didn't impressive me at all in college and that was before he tore his ACL.

I don't think Reggie is ever going to live up to all the hype and I can see him being a bust for Buffalo.

Dorsett showed flashes last season and able to show me that he can play an important role here and produce big plays for this team.

He's at his best in the slot and as long as Moncrief and Hilton can stay healthy, they should be able to find Dorsett in some favorable matchups.

His speed alone is enough for me to want to keep him around. I watched plays where he literally blew pass defenders and speed is something you can't teach.

Just get the ball in his hands. It would be stupid to trade away all of that potential for a meaningless low draft pick.

That's the thing with him that bugs me. I see the long speed, but I don't see elite quickness or lateral agility. Unless he completely smokes his guy off the line on a go route, there's nothing out of the ordinary about him. He's not like T.Y or DeSean in that regard. He may just be a DHB or Marquise Goodwin.

I wonder who on the Browns is Grigson scheming to send over to us for Phil Dorsett?  Grigs is probably over there talking it up right now.  Maybe Ballard can get him to give us Miles Garrett and a 2nd round pick.   LOL!  I Kid

Just now, krunk said:

I wonder who on the Browns is Grigson scheming to send over to us for Phil Dorsett?  Grigs is probably over there talking it up right now.  Maybe Ballard can get him to give us Miles Garrett and a 2nd round pick.   LOL!  I Kid

The Browns have plenty of draft picks I would like. :)