Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MACK

NDcolt

2 hours ago, IndyD4U said:

Sure sounds like you're crowning yourself in this post. 

FWIW, I've seen him with my own eyeballs too... Not that it matters 

Crowning myself as having experience as a fan of training camp and the draft? You bet I am. :)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

He'll get his chance because Gore wont be playing..

would think defenders don't go all out to stop the run in intra squad scrimmages..

....so you don't know about a new RB until he faces the 'bad guys'

Yep.

23 hours ago, NDcolt said:

Can't help but get excited hearing all the noise on Mack & here's why.   Watching tape immediately had me screaming Shady McCoy for not only the burst but all the other intangibles.  Little skeptical at first due to small school & "There's no way he can do that at the next level" negativity but here we are in wk one of Camp & eyes are being popped all around!  Pump the breaks, "Let's see it during game action" all say silently but this is exactly what I was hoping to hear from Day 1, ENCOURAGING.  Do we have the real slim Shady?

I get the hype but we've hyped these late round running backs far to often recently and they've turned into nothing.  I'll wait till he rips up a good defense or breaks a stud safeties ankles before I get too excited. 

9 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

I'm not sure about that... He's a 4th round pick and at the bottom of the depth chart. I bet we see a bunch of him during preseason along with Turbin and Ferguson.

I think ferguson crossan and other guys will get more reps than mack. If mack plays well you dont want to give him 20 plus carries in one preseason game. I think his carries stay under 10 a game.

7 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

I admire the positivity some got on here and I really do believe we got something in Mack, but before we start giving all this praise to rookies, whether they're first rounders or UDFAs, we should probably remember that...

dwf7voyljme6dr9d2kwchllps.310x203x1.jpg

The RB position is the only position in the NFL that does not need experience and lots of practice to become very good. It is a position that is played on instinct and vision. If the talent is there practice does not make that much difference.

46 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The RB position is the only position in the NFL that does not need experience and lots of practice to become very good. It is a position that is played on instinct and vision. If the talent is there practice does not make that much difference.

I half agree but tell that to Ferguson, and Robinson who shined in training camps and even pre season in the past.

30 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

I half agree but tell that to Ferguson, and Robinson who shined in training camps and even pre season in the past.

There is a reason the Colts were rated at the bottom of the league in the running game. It was because of the very poor O-line run blocking.

If you look at the tape of Ferguson and Robinson and compare it to Mack, there is no comparison. Mack has a lot more talent.

On 8/5/2017 at 0:19 PM, NDcolt said:

How about this Colts Nation, let's throw M&M's on the field every time this kid scores:). I apologize, the Marketing degree is talking!

Throwing anything on to the field will get you ejected from the stadium.  I would gladly eat some M&M's in his honor though :thmup:

5 hours ago, MR. Blueblood said:

Throwing anything on to the field will get you ejected from the stadium.  I would gladly eat some M&M's in his honor though :thmup:

How did Seattle fans get away with throwing Skittles when Lynch scored?

6 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

There is a reason the Colts were rated at the bottom of the league in the running game. It was because of the very poor O-line run blocking.

If you look at the tape of Ferguson and Robinson and compare it to Mack, there is no comparison. Mack has a lot more talent.

Thank You Crazy you get it!  Past rb's didn't have the talent for this level but too many were wishing because they were horseshoe guys.  Mack has intangibles that make you drool, speed, burst & vision that Ferg or Rob lacked.  If TY played for Florida or Florida State he'd been a 1st rd pick just like Mack, our gain!

19 minutes ago, NDcolt said:

Thank You Crazy you get it!  Past rb's didn't have the talent for this level but too many were wishing because they were horseshoe guys.  Mack has intangibles that make you drool, speed, burst & vision that Ferg or Rob lacked.  If TY played for Florida or Florida State he'd been a 1st rd pick just like Mack, our gain!

This last RB draft class may end up being one of the better ones in years.

A moment off topic....

I remember Ferguson getting a bunch of press during camp, but I don't remember him EVER making any plays, in preseason. In fact, I thought he stunk and had him cut on my mock 53. Truly and sincerely, I was shocked he made it. Then to my disbelief and horror, they let him on the field early in the regular season. All I remember was him missing every blitz pick pathetically, and on the few he was positioned right for, he was tossed aside like a 6 year old, or whiffed completely. AL took some serious hits because the Ferguson blocking stinkfest.

Back on topic...

With that as my baseline, I have much higher expectations for Mack. I see real talent with this kid, and see him passing Ferguson on the depth chart easily. On the other hand though, I too want to see it in preseason... and I want to see his blocking skills in blitz pickup before I can have any comfort with him. I also know he'll ride the pine in the blink of an eye, if he carries the ball any way but high & tight. Turnovers are serious business and hard to over come.

I can't wait to see where all of this is going! I'm sooooo psyched!!!!

2 hours ago, NDcolt said:

How did Seattle fans get away with throwing Skittles when Lynch scored?

Guess security was lax there, idk  All I know is every home game at LOS a video is played that says the throwing of any objects onto the field will result in ejection and possible loss of future ticket priveledges.

9 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Our o-line was one of the best run blocking lines in the league. They were 3rd in the NFL in adjusted line yards and 1st in the league in percentage of runs stuffed. Mack can flourish here. 

Our o-line graded bad in general because the pass blocking was terrible. 

1 hour ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Our o-line was one of the best run blocking lines in the league. They were 3rd in the NFL in adjusted line yards and 1st in the league in percentage of runs stuffed. Mack can flourish here. 

Our o-line graded bad in general because the pass blocking was terrible. 

:scratch:  Hand picking a couple of stats does not prove anything.  I guess you think being ranked 23rd in rushing yards and 17th in rushing TDs is at the top of the league. (the two things that matter)

9 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

That's easy. By omitting the two that matters the most. I already covered that but it seems you need clarifying.

The line and the RB grade separately.. the line graded great as a run blocking unit. Gore was old, slow and barely made anyone miss. Had one(1) run over 20 yards. Maybe that's why the rushing ranks were low? Use your brain and stop trying to argue over a fact I posted just because your assumption was wrong. 

45 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

The line and the RB grade separately.. the line graded great as a run blocking unit. Gore was old, slow and barely made anyone miss. Had one(1) run over 20 yards. Maybe that's why the rushing ranks were low? Use your brain and stop trying to argue over a fact I posted just because your assumption was wrong. 

There is no argument. You assume that your hand picked stats made the Colts a top running team? 

Sorry, other stats tell a different story.

Gore had 1,025 yards last season. The Colts offensive line could not block well enough to have the team use any sort of ball control. They did improve at the end of the season so maybe they will show the improvement needed.

Oh, by the way, I do have a brain and know how to use it. I didn't feel the need to insult you. When you are looking at stats you have to look at all the stats, just not the ones who make an argument for yourself.

You ask me why the rushing ranks were low?

Maybe I can ask you the same? Because the Colts couldn't run the ball and had to pass more than run did that skew the two stats you mention? See, this works both ways.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

There is no argument. You assume that your hand picked stats made the Colts a top running team? 

Sorry, other stats tell a different story.

Gore had 1,025 yards last season. The Colts offensive line could not block well enough to have the team use any sort of ball control. They did improve at the end of the season so maybe they will show the improvement needed.

Oh, by the way, I do have a brain and know how to use it. I didn't feel the need to insult you. When you are looking at stats you have to look at all the stats, just not the ones who make an argument for yourself.

You ask me why the rushing ranks were low?

Maybe I can ask you the same? Because the Colts couldn't run the ball and had to pass more than run did that skew the two stats you mention? See, this works both ways.

I never said the colts were a top running team. The stats aren't hand picked, they're just stats.. you just don't like them because they're the opposite of what you thought & you're wrong lol.   I said the o-line was great at run blocking and terrible at pass blocking, and gave statistics to support that. 

13 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

I never said the colts were a top running team. The stats aren't hand picked, they're just stats.. you just don't like them because they're the opposite of what you thought & you're wrong lol.   I said the o-line was great at run blocking and terrible at pass blocking, and gave two statistics to support that. 

The stats you cite as "fact" are anything but.  If you have a RB who is able to find creases at the LOS and squirts through despite terrible blocking, the stat you cite credits the line not the RB who found the crease and exploited it.  IF you have a line that can't get off their blocks at the LOS and lay blocks at the second level to spring big gains, your stat dings the RB, not the line.  crazycolt is right. You have to look at ALL of the evidence, not cherry pick only the ones that support your argument.  There is a reason Disraelies' quote "lies, damn lies, and statistics" is quoted in Stats 1A in colleges across the country.  

Just now, A8bil said:

The stats you cite as "fact" are anything but.  If you have a RB who is able to find creases at the LOS and squirts through despite terrible blocking, the stat you cite credits the line not the RB who found the crease and exploited it.  IF you have a line that can't get off their blocks at the LOS and lay blocks at the second level to spring big gains, your stat dings the RB, not the line.  crazycolt is right. You have to look at ALL of the evidence, not cherry pick only the ones that support your argument.  There is a reason Disraelies' quote "lies, damn lies, and statistics" is quoted in Stats 1A in colleges across the country.  

They generated the highest percentage of yards before contact of any team in the NFL last year, had the lowest percentage of runs stuffed of any team, and were third in adjusted line yards while ranking first in adjusted line yards up the middle. Basically, much of what rushing success they did have last year can be attributed to the strength of the offensive line.

So no he is not right and neither are you friend, because the line was a very good run blocking unit. 

1 hour ago, Majin Vegeta said:

They generated the highest percentage of yards before contact of any team in the NFL last year, had the lowest percentage of runs stuffed of any team, and were third in adjusted line yards while ranking first in adjusted line yards up the middle. Basically, much of what rushing success they did have last year can be attributed to the strength of the offensive line.

So no he is not right and neither are you friend, because the line was a very good run blocking unit. 

Once again I remind you of your numbers being skewed. When your team is as pass heavy as the Colts were the numbers will be skewed as far as stats concerning the O-line and their run blocking.

The numbers you mention does not compute with the Colts being rated 23rd in rushing yardage. Any one of us can hand pick any stat to say what we want them to say. Overlooking and ignoring all the stats is not telling the whole story or facts. You are quick to point out that I am wrong without looking at the whole picture.