Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have a new punter - Jeff Locke, former Vikings P (Merge)

stitches

29 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Replace a needed position. 

People complain. 

Right???

Locke may not ever turn into a pro-bowler, but, at least one team need is met, & it was done so with a player that has NFL experience & without burning a draft pick in the process...

5 hours ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

I would hope that NFLFan may weigh in on this as she is a Viking's fan....

haha Congrats on your new punter. He is no Pat McAfee, lol, but he is okay. I thought he punted pretty well last year,  consistently pinning our opponents inside the 20 yard line. So, I was pleased with that. I think he is better than what his stats show. He seems to do better indoors than outdoors. 

Here is a little something from the Daily Norseman, the Vikings equivalent of Stampede Blue:

Locke had a tumultuous first three seasons in Minnesota, but the 2016 season was probably his best overall.  Outside of the Cowboys game where he shanked a couple of crucial kicks, Locke was much more dependable and consistent last season. That said, it shouldn't be incredibly difficult for the Vikings to find a suitable replacement for Locke in free agency or the draft. Meanwhile, the Colts are also an inoor team, which obviously suits Locke better than it did in the TCF Stadium days.

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2017/3/9/14873798/minnesota-vikings-jeff-locke-punter-indianapolis-colts

7 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

How is he at kickoffs?  People forget Pat did that too.

Also I expect an undrafted kid will be brought in to compete with him for the job.

Pat used to boom it out of the endzone regularly that's gonna be tough to repeat with someone new. I'm hoping vin won't ever have to kick off and can focus on field goals forever. 

22 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

There's no need to be asinine, it's a sensible move to make and in no way stops us making moves for defensive payers. 

Long way to go till opening day. 

I think some some people believe we should just never punt. Go for it every time on first down and every kickoff is an onside kick. 

Too much Madden? :)