Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Next Sunday Night: Colts vs. Packers on ESPN

King Colt

I can't wait!!!  Watching NFL network and they're showing colts training camp live.  I swear I hate Heath Evans.  They ask him what he thought of the colts and he trashed talk the defense offense and QB.  Saying the colts are a dumpster fire right now.  He is still mad his cheating patriots got caught!! 

7 minutes ago, Iancolts said:

I can't wait!!!  Watching NFL network and they're showing colts training camp live.  I swear I hate Heath Evans.  They ask him what he thought of the colts and he trashed talk the defense offense and QB.  Saying the colts are a dumpster fire right now.  He is still mad his cheating patriots got caught!! 

No, Heath is simply dumb and bad at his job.

9 minutes ago, Iancolts said:

It's best to stay away from Evans when discussing the Colts. Dude is extremely biased and will go out of his way to be as negative as possible. It's all good though, it'll be fun to see him squirm when the Colts make him, and his opinion look foolish at best. He's just a paid TROLL. 

17 hours ago, Iancolts said:

That's Super Bowl Champion Heath Evans to you, buddy!  He won't let you forget that.  A vital cog in the Saints SB victory!  /s 

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 7:14 PM, Iancolts said:

what is he talking about.?

Our O-line is improved..our rookie center is solid..Our top 3 receivers can ride like the wind..

..and our Pro Bowl QB is healthy...and our coaching situation is settled

National media does not accept that Andrew played hurt last year. He was hurt in the opener and his play declined.

Still, he was top flight against Carolina and Denver.

We're going to need help defensively but others are going to need help defensively when they play us.

I swear national media just doesn't watch us play more than a couple of times a year

16 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I am starting to feel a little better.

The FINAL weekend without football until February.....its been a long hot summer

Yeah I don't really like winter but July is the worst month for sports. No Pro Football, no Pro Basketball, and Pro Baseball doesn't get really fun to watch until August. I have had the Cubs doing Great for a change but Baseball still isn't great to watch IMO until August and September/Playoffs. They just play too many games.

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 5:22 PM, BOTT said:

No, Heath is simply dumb and bad at his job.

To put it bluntly, the guy is an (I am too nice to put people down so I will leave it at that). I have always bragged how great the NFL Network is compared to ESPN but the NFL Network seems to think we are trash. Even Kurt Warner says we will stink.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To put it bluntly, the guy is an (I am too nice to put people down so I will leave it at that). I have always bragged how great the NFL Network is compared to ESPN but the NFL Network seems to think we are trash. Even Kurt Warner says we will stink.

That is one reason I rarely watch any NFLN shows

35 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I really think Pre-season is pretty meaningless normally but after last season I cant wait just to watch a Colts game. I am not even sure Andrew will play?

12 will play he needs some reps IMO I doubt we'll see him in the second half as meaningless as it might seem we can get a look at the both sides of the ball & hopefully progress, Which IMO  the new coachs have focused on.

The o-line & running game are important  so 12 gets a chance to actually QB with time to distribute the ball without the need to run for his life plus I want to see receivers step up creating space and actually catching the ball keeping the chains moving  , I expect the play calling to get much better as well with Chud . Defensively I want to see 3 & outs with punishing hits on the opposition . The Packers will be ready & the Colts will be tested early & often it is a test one I hope there ready for . It may not count for much but after last season it would be nice to see a competitive game & a few snot bumbles hit em hard & often ..

GO COLTS ...

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I really think Pre-season is pretty meaningless normally but after last season I cant wait just to watch a Colts game. I am not even sure Andrew will play?

I'm guessing one series.  Two if the first is a three and out.  

But I'm excited to see all the new guys so I'm going to watch every minute of what is historically one of the worst games ever.  

52 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I am about done with them. I just like watching most things so I can stay sharp on what is going on but anymore ESPN and the NFL Network hasn't been near what it was 5 or 10 years ago.

I totally agree. NFL Network was about the last sports channel I watched and I don't do that anymore. ESPN IMO has become nothing but face time with who can come up with the next catch phrase and argumentative programing. A good sports show does not need 3 or 4 host to give us the sports news. We all have our own opinions and personally, I don't need to hear theirs. Now the NFL network is going in that direction. I watch very little TV in the first place with the exception of games and a few movies every now and then. Football and basketball at least have enough action in them to keep me awake. haha

3 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I'm guessing one series.  Two if the first is a three and out.  

But I'm excited to see all the new guys so I'm going to watch every minute of what is historically one of the worst games ever.  

Me too. I like seeing the new players and the position battles to see who takes their starting spots. Winning is OK but really not an issue with me.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I don't really like winter but July is the worst month for sports. No Pro Football, no Pro Basketball, and Pro Baseball doesn't get really fun to watch until August. I have had the Cubs doing Great for a change but Baseball still isn't great to watch IMO until August and September/Playoffs. They just play too many games.

Its pretty dead....in July unless YOUR team is winning..

...we're big on the Cubs up here obviously but its not like football...one or two games don't matter as much.

They get so excited up here abut a 3-game win streak or a 3-game losing streak.  Its not football. Just keep playing..

But football...even with 5 pre-season games..NFL teams only play 21 times at the least and 25 at the most..

I always used to say: You live for football and you live with baseball.

Baseball plays when you're at work..at school...going to the job. coming home from the job.

Football..you plan on sitting down and watching

Sure he's biased.  He PLAYED for the Patriots.  I'd be surprised if he weren't.  I don't enjoy listening to his viewpoints, but I just brush it off.  ESPN is the same way.  Most of the sports channels are because they hire former players so of course they are going to be somewhat biased with their opinions.  Even if they didn't hire former players most of the other personalities would show their bias as well.  It's just life in the sports world I'm afraid.  If you don't like it there is always another option.  The best part is their opinions mean NOTHING.

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

...we're big on the Cubs up here obviously but its not like football...one or two games don't matter as much.

They get so excited up here abut a 3-game win streak or a 3-game losing streak.  Its not football. Just keep playing..

But football...even with 5 pre-season games..NFL teams only play 21 times at the least and 25 at the most..

Baseball plays when you're at work..at school...going to the job. coming home from the job.

In the early 60s the schools used to show the world series during the day games. I really think them not doing it helped with the decline of America's young losing a lot of interest in baseball. I still love to go watch MLB live but watching it on TV you lose the speed of the game.

6 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I totally agree. NFL Network was about the last sports channel I watched and I don't do that anymore. ESPN IMO has become nothing but face time with who can come up with the next catch phrase and argumentative programing. A good sports show does not need 3 or 4 host to give us the sports news. We all have our own opinions and personally, I don't need to hear theirs. Now the NFL network is going in that direction. I watch very little TV in the first place with the exception of games and a few movies every now and then. Football and basketball at least have enough action in them to keep me awake. haha

I used to love the NFL Network but I agree they are getting like ESPN. The main thing that keeps that Channel good is because they show a lot of classic games at times like Patriots at Colts, etc.. I always love watching re-runs of older games like that. That best players list they do every season needs to stop, it's always way off. I still haven't seen a good one yet in 5 years, that is JMO. As far as their coverage goes it is almost like ESPN now where they have way too many guys/gals trying to analyze things. I like Coach Mariucci and Linsday Rhodes, Kurt Warner is tolerable as well but the rest of that crew is overkill IMO. Same with ESPN, when the NFL morning show was basically Chris Berman and Tom Jackson back in the day that was good. Now they have like a sprinkle of 10 people giving their analysis. ESPN has really changed, even their format went to Facebook on their game boards. Without Facebook you cant Post anything over there. Look at all the people that have left there lately as well, that should tell anyone something. I do like Gruden on Monday night Football, I just get a kick how fired up he gets over things when analyzing. Mike and Mike is a decent show on ESPN and about the only one I watch routinely. Sometimes I watch First Take but that is mainly for entertainment purposes.

6 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I agree, unless your favorite Baseball team is winning a lot it isn't that interesting to watch until August because that is when the stretch run starts. If the Cubs were lousy I would barely be following it. I watch Football every week no matter what.

As for the main topic, I am sure Sunday night will be a lot like it is every year this time.  At first I'm excited, but by about halftime I'm thinking, "I was excited to see THIS?"  I'll worry a little bit about how the team looks and hope they can improve by Sept. 11th.  And then I'll browse the calendar and count how many days until then.  LOL

On July 31, 2016 at 3:44 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Look at all the people that have left there lately as well, that should tell anyone something.

The people who have left ESPN have left there because the company felt they weren't getting enough bang from their buck from them.     So, the company let them walk.     One of the few exception was Cowherd, who the company made a big offer to,  but they didn't match the Fox offer.

ESPN is trimming costs.   Probably nearly $100 Mill.    Their ratings are down, so they're trying to save money anyway they can.     

I just wanted to be clear,  people aren't walking away from ESPN.    ESPN is letting them leave.    Most who have left would've preferred to stay.   

2 hours ago, SilentHill said:

Anyone else afraid of the field at Canton? Killed the Steelers kicker's career last year.

Nah, I think that was just a freak incident. Wouldn't count on it happening again. Not saying someone may not get a tweaked ankle or something, but I wouldn't worry about major injuries. 

Off topic, I can't wait for this game. I know it's preseason, but I'm just so excited for football again. This summer has been incredibly long and boring and baseball just doesn't do it for me until September/October. 

3 hours ago, SilentHill said:

Anyone else afraid of the field at Canton? Killed the Steelers kicker's career last year.

I was wondering if the field at Canton had been improved since that incident.  I have read that players have not been happy with the condition on the playing field for the HOF game in the past.

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

The people who have left ESPN have left there because the company felt they weren't getting enough bang from their buck from them.     So, the company let them walk.     One of the few exception was Cowherd, who the company made a big offer to,  but they didn't match the Fox offer.

ESPN is trimming costs.   Probably nearly $100 Mill.    Their ratings are down, so they're trying to save money anyway they can.     

I just wanted to be clear,  people aren't walking away from ESPN.    ESPN is letting them leave.    Most who have left would've preferred to stay.   

I don't even watch espn hardly at all.  I used to before the creation of the NFL Network.  Football is really the only sport I love so NFL Network is more than enough for me.  I'll watch ESPN every now and then because I like watching basketball from time to time. Mostly during the playoffs.  Or if NFL Live is on.