Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Looks like we're losing week 6

trueblueblood

Either way, I hope his lawyer wins the stay. I want them at full power when they come to Indy.

No excuses when we whip their assets.

Brady's playing vs us even if the suspension stands as is.

Edit: I see what you mean. You don't want him rusty due to it being his first game back. I'm ok with that as long as the suspension is reinstated right before the playoffs. Just deserts for Mr. Brady.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the NFL immediately filed for the ruling to be upheld rather than the filing being for there to be no suspension, would there still be an injunction that would allow him to play until the matter is settled in court?

I really hope if so it drags on until January and then a judge upholds the suspension during the playoffs. Talk about wild west justice, THAT would be it...

Since the NFL immediately filed for the ruling to be upheld rather than the filing being for there to be no suspension, would there still be an injunction that would allow him to play until the matter is settled in court?

I really hope if so it drags on until January and then a judge upholds the suspension during the playoffs. Talk about wild west justice, THAT would be it...

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't had the same thought.  With that said I think Brady's lawyers are going to just try to drag this out as long as they humanly can and try to get it dragged out until he's done playing. 

I agree, he didn't play all world vs the Colts.  Last year he played pretty pedestrian vs the Colts and the D only combined for 1 sack the two times they played the Pats last year.  5 TDs and 3 INTs in two blowouts, shows the Colts have had many other things to worry about than Tom. 

19 01/11 videoicon.gif IND W   43-22 1 1 13 25 52.0 198 7.9 0 0 2 13 78.4 1 -1 -1.0 0 1 0

11 11/16 @ IND W   42-20 1 1 19 30 63.3 257 8.6 2 2 0 0 85.0 2 -2 -1.0 0  

20 01/18 IND W   45-7 1 1 23 35 65.7 226 6.5 3 1 1 6 100.4 3 13 4.3 0 -- --

Very pedestrian, that being said I guess he didn't really have to put up all world #s to still help the Patriots blow the Colts out which is pretty scary.   I imagine if the Colts managed to hold their running game to under 100 yards, Brady would go crazy for 400+ yards.  :puke:

One thing I remember about all of those games though is that Brady was money on 3rd down. Didn't put up whopping numbers or throw for a bunch of TDs, but when they needed 6 yards to move the chains, it was like clockwork.

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't had the same thought.  With that said I think Brady's lawyers are going to just try to drag this out as long as they humanly can and try to get it dragged out until he's done playing. 

I can only imagine how much those lawyers are going to make when all of this is said and done.

Tom brady's first game back, against the team that caused him to be suspended... not looking good for us.

Are you really that scared of the Patriots you post a thread like this? Somehow I don't think the Colts players are all that scared of the Patriots. I am glad most all Colt fans don't have your mindset.

It saddens me that so many Colts fans struggle with this perpetual inferiority complex. As for me, I'm not one bit worried about what happens in Week 6. Either we win or lose. It's still football, and just football.

As I have always said, one game at a time.  If we look ahead to week 6, we just may be 2-3 going into that game.

Then when this game comes, we can rely on our 12th man to help us beat them.  I call a win at home for our Colts...but then again who's looking ahead !!  :)   :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :colts:  :colts:  :lombardi:  :lombardi: !!!!!!

As long as we have a good run stopping D , we crush them and run up the score. That's where they killed us last few times they ran the ball easily, there fore spreading the secondary and making Bradys life easy. IMO if healthy our D will have a party in N.E. backfield. They don't scare me. Plus we couldn't run against them , we will now = no Vince W. lol plus a Frank Gore. People look at this as a great obstiicle .  I don't see it. Some one mentioned shredding N.E.S secondary that I see. rotflmao

As I have always said, one game at a time.  If we look ahead to week 6, we just may be 2-3 going into that game.

Then when this game comes, we can rely on our 12th man to help us beat them.  I call a win at home for our Colts...but then again who's looking ahead !!   :)   :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :colts:  :colts:  :lombardi:  :lombardi: !!!!!!

With you Brother 1 at a time . If healthy no one in the league scares me.

With you Brother 1 at a time . If healthy no one in the league scares me.

No doubt in my mind we can beat any team in this league on any given day.  Injuries are our key....not a crybaby who does wrong and blames others...then lies about it....then destroys his 'evidence.'  He should go out and wear a big on his helmet.

One thing is for certain when the Colts take the field in N.E. the volume of boos should blow the doors off the record for the loudest fans. I doubt we will be playing a winless Patriots team but I hope the officials are aware the Pats will have some degree of revenge on the minds when it comes to sacking Luck. A victory against the Pats would be the sweetest thing of the season. Lois Lerner, Hillary Clinton and Brady should learn to be more discreet when using their cell phones. :)

One thing is for certain when the Colts take the field in N.E. the volume of boos should blow the doors off the record for the loudest fans. I doubt we will be playing a winless Patriots team but I hope the officials are aware the Pats will have some degree of revenge on the minds when it comes to sacking Luck. A victory against the Pats would be the sweetest thing of the season. Lois Lerner, Hillary Clinton and Brady should learn to be more discreet when using their cell phones. :)

The game is in Indy.

LOL I don't know why people would be worried about Brady's first game back and it's against the team that caused his suspension.  That is laughable.  I'm pretty sure everybody in the Colts organization is tired of getting beat up by the Pats.  This Colts team is as good as ever, and the Patriots certainly didn't improve! 

The only thing I'm concerned about, is the defense.  That has been our achilles heel, when we play the Pats.  If we execute, I don't see us losing!

It takes a TEAM to win a game, Brady can be amped up all he would like. But if everyone does there job we will be A- Okay. Brady honestly didn't even beat us the past two contest. it was all due to poor tackling and them running it down our throats. Actually as a defensive unit we pretty much contained Brady the last few contest. i look for us to spank them come week 6. 

Are you really that scared of the Patriots you post a thread like this? Somehow I don't think the Colts players are all that scared of the Patriots. I am glad most all Colt fans don't have your mindset.

Forgive me if I'm not totally confident in beating a team that has destroyed us every time we've played them

Man I'm getting real tired of hearing how a PO ed Brady is going to lay a butt whipping on us. IMO this years colts team has more than a solid chance of handing the pats a loss.

Yeah, I couldn't really care less how "mad" he is. He's 39, and can't accurately throw the ball for more than 20 yards at this point of his career, so he's not gonna come out and go all "Aaron Rodgers" on us. The defense just has to bear down on their receivers and make the tackle on the first try. Missed tackles on those short passes turn into 15 yard gains and start to add up really fast.

I'm not afraid of the Pats...its football after all..so its just another game...but given the opportunity I wouldn't expect any mercy from the Patriots if they are blowing us out. I expect a high scoring fun game similar to the AFC game Brady and Peyton played....but if for some reason they do get the better of us...I expect them to run up the score as much as possible.....well basically what they normally do.

I'm not afraid of the Pats...its football after all..so its just another game...but given the opportunity I wouldn't expect any mercy from the Patriots if they are blowing us out. I expect a high scoring fun game similar to the AFC game Brady and Peyton played....but if for some reason they do get the better of us...I expect them to run up the score as much as possible.....well basically what they normally do.

Id love to turn the table and expect it. :thmup: