Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NO more waves in LOS!

Timo1

In the 1st 50mins of the game yesterday the Jagaurs were in Colts territory 2 times. Once after a turn over and once they moved the ball to the Colts 44 and punted. Then the crowd starts the wave late in the 4th quarter and they March right down the field to the 1yardline. I think the defense was distracted by the wave. Once the wave stopped the D cranked it up and stuffed the gags on 4 plays.

So let's knock off the wave going forward.

Edited by Nadine
insulting nickname for team

In the 1st 50mins of the game yesterday the Jagaurs were in Colts territory 2 times. Once after a turn over and once they moved the ball to the Colts 44 and punted. Then the crowd starts the wave late in the 4th quarter and they March right down the field to the 1yardline. I think the defense was distracted by the wave. Once the wave stopped the D cranked it up and stuffed the gags on 4 plays.

Waves are for bored fans and baseball.. not professional football...

Good luck with that.

If i paid $200 for my seat, I'll take my shirt off and do the Hokey Pokey if I please!

You can't tell someone what to do with their time at the Oil Drum, unless you're a event staff person there

:scorebad:

They could imitate that ridiculous thing Hilton did yesterday.

I know what it's like when your first daughter is born and how emotional that is and I understand the sentiment behind it but my son and I were watching the game when he did that.  We both agreed it was a little creepy.

Then when my wife saw it on the highlights during SNF she looked at me and said, "It is just me or is that a little weird."  To which my son and I started laughing.

I know what it's like when your first daughter is born and how emotional that is and I understand the sentiment behind it but my son and I were watching the game when he did that.  We both agreed it was a little creepy.

Then when my wife saw it on the highlights during SNF she looked at me and said, "It is just me or is that a little weird."  To which my son and I started laughing.

Given the context of it I am not sure why that would be considered weird or creepy at all.

As a longtime season ticket holder, the wave was pretty cool. That was first game EVER in LOS where the wave successfully went around the stadium a couple times (it happened almost every game at the RCA Dome).

I have no problem with the wave when we are up 20 points in the 4th. If it were a close game, then yes I would be against it, but blowing a team away? I have no problem with it.

I paid $80 per ticket, if not more...if I want to wave at a cheerleader, that's my business and nobody else.  (Unless she waves back and my wife is watching)

Being a former season ticket holder at the HOOSIER DOME, we used to participate in the wave frequently.  Heck, there wasn't anything else to do when Mike Pagel threw pick and pick.  It was fun, and helped us forget how badly we sucked, so where is the harm?  

If a player gets distracted by the fans doing the wave, you'd better remove all the shiny objects from the stadium too.  Fishing lures would be right out.

The wave likely had zero effect on our defense.     And if it did,  I'd be embarrassed for any player who'd admit such a thing.

The wave has been around 30-40 years....   if that's going to distract our defense then we have some serious problems.

I wouldn't lose a minutes sleep over this....     I think there was likely zero cause and effect.

"And from this time forward, there shall be no waves formed amongst the peoples gathered here presently.

As thy team taketh the field, thou shalt stand as one body and create much sound with thine body parts.

This shall be done until the end of the 60th second of the 60th minute, or until the whistle has blown it's last.

Thus I speak unto you, sayeth the random internet guy who maketh all da rulez."

• And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once at the number three, being the third number to be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it."

Sorry, Indygal put me in the mood for Monty.