Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bruce Arian as interim head coach

jbaron04

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not been overly impressed with Arians as of yet. Couldn't we just let Luck handle it?

Head coaches don't let offensive coordinators just run wild with whatever they want to do. If you've been disappointed with Arians, you've got to be disappointed with Pagano as well because he's calling the shots at the end of the day.

I think Arians will be fine. Probably a lot more passing than usual.

Wow, that was fast....the news just broke and you are already talking about how Arians will fare as interim HC? Pagano has CANCER. Why don't you give it a rest for a day, at least. What's next? "How will this effect Wayne's fantasy value"??? Time and place, folks....

Wow, that was fast....the news just broke and you are already talking about how Arians will fare as interim HC? Pagano has CANCER. Why don't you give it a rest for a day, at least. What's next? "How will this effect Wayne's fantasy value"??? Time and place, folks....

Well it is a football forum, and it is during the football season. Sounds like a good time and place to me. We are all hoping and praying that Pagano gets better ASAP, and i hate that this happened to him, but not talking about anything at all wont make his recovery any faster, and it isn't like Chuck would want us to mourn him.

Well it is a football forum, and it is during the football season. Sounds like a good time and place to me. We are all hoping and praying that Pagano gets better ASAP, and i hate that this happened to him, but not talking about anything at all wont make his recovery any faster, and it isn't like Chuck would want us to mourn him.

Yes and yes...but I still think maybe let it ride until the afternoon. They haven't even held the press conference yet. I guess it's just too soon given the news we all just received. Just my opinion.

Pagano is in ICU for 6 weeks, and he is rolling up his sleeves for his life, family and football family! This is our feisty coach! He WILL persevere! Grigson will work 24 hrs a day....players will kick it up another notch for their Colt Leader!

As to the topic, Arians has the experience.....no better time to no huddle the opposing teams into oblivion. Open it up....Flleener, Allen, TY....and our HOF'er Reggie Wayne!.....Avery...bring it on! Throw some bubbles to DB....lets play Colts football for Coach Pagano! Who is in???????? :shoe: :helmet: :throwback: :lombardi::coltshelmet::coltslogo::coltshorse::coltsfb::colts: :colts: :colts: :nfl: :ribbon: :1colts:

We are with you Coach!!!!!!

Head coaches don't let offensive coordinators just run wild with whatever they want to do. If you've been disappointed with Arians, you've got to be disappointed with Pagano as well because he's calling the shots at the end of the day.

I think Arians will be fine. Probably a lot more passing than usual.

, Luck has thrown the ball 45, 37, and 46 times in the first three games. how much more would you like him to throw?

Dear God, why? Arians as interim head coach? If we weren't in trouble before, we sure are now. Luck finishing the season is the best we can hope for now for this snake bitten franchise.

Prayers go out to Pagano and his family. May he have a speedy recovery.

I think this is a perfectly valid question, regardless of the timing......everyone wishes only the best for Coach and looks forward to a speedy recovery and return.

I hope the team comes out and beats the snot out of GB in the name of Coach.

, Luck has thrown the ball 45, 37, and 46 times in the first three games. how much more would you like him to throw?

Yeah, I do not know how much more people want Luck to throw out there. Having our rookie QB dropping back an average 42 times a game should be enough. Do we really want him throwing almost 50 times a game?

No, Arians needs to get our offensive line up to speed and actually block for our RBs so we can actually run more consistent and bring down the amount of time Luck has to throw.

I expect gameplan wise not much will change with Arians in charge.

There is a good thread where people are being extremely respectful about pagano and taking the news as seriously as they should. Frankly I think the posters are doing as they should being serious and letting that thread stand on its own and if they want to talk about the football side of it they made a new thread to do so. I see nothing wrong with it and just because someone wanted to talk about the football side of it doesn't mean that person doesn't care about pagano or anything like that.

Dear God, why? Arians as interim head coach? If we weren't in trouble before, we sure are now. Luck finishing the season is the best we can hope for now for this snake bitten franchise.

Prayers go out to Pagano and his family. May he have a speedy recovery.

Well who else was going to coach the team people were even more down on the DC when he was hired. The advantage of having Arians do it is that Clyde Christensen the oc just last year can take some of the play calling weight off Arians shoulders.

Very sad news today. I can't help but think of what happened to IU's coach and hope for a much happier ending.

Arians was in tears at the Press conf taking about Chuck :(. Lets just see how he does he has not coached yet as the head coach! I do think he will coach his heart out, and so will the team play their heart out come Sunday for the Coach! The rest of the season every game I believe will be for their coach!

Well who else was going to coach the team people were even more down on the DC when he was hired. The advantage of having Arians do it is that Clyde Christensen the oc just last year can take some of the play calling weight off Arians shoulders.

Very sad news today. I can't help but think of what happened to IU's coach and hope for a much happier ending.

With what we saw last year i would prefer to see as little of clyde as possible. I was disappointed he was kept on in the first place.

I wonder if anyone else will be brought in to help with the coaching duties while chuck is out.

Best wishes to coach pagano and his family and of course i, like everyone else, hope for a speedy recovery.

You know Arians was talking about the packers game and coach wanting them to get back to work and it made me think of what happened with dungy and just how hard that team played for him his first game back. The back ups beat the cardinals starters if you don't remeber I think we are going to see the colts play just as hard for pagano. Maybe not the same result but it's not going to be because they don't play hard.

It's hard to think of another team that has had one hc go threw things like now two of ours have faced. Just unreal. I hope chuck is okay he seems like a wonderful person. If nothing else this puts the whole rebuilding football team thing into perspective and maybe can stop some of the over reactions we've had at times and in a strange way maybe heal some of the damage done by the "decision" with some fans.

Right now though I just hope for the best for coach and hope God is there not only for him but gives his family the support they will need as well.

Pray for Pagano and his family. And do it a LOT.

The good news (if there can be such a thing) is that it appears it was caught early. Can't ask for more.

As for Arians and the staff and the players...... hopefully this works itself out. Bill Parcells is not walking through our front door to save the day.

I'd recommend as fans not to over-react to what you see the first week or so. We could get drilled Sunday by Green Bay. It's just one game, the team is likely to be in shock. Don't read too much into a single game. Let things play out.

I've been preaching patience since Day One.... that's now more important than ever.

And, of course, the Big Picture remains Pagano and his family. In the grand scheme of things, everything else comes second.

Thoughts and Prayers to our Beloved Head Coach and his family and friends....

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, October 2, 2012 - commenting on moderation
Hidden by Nadine, October 2, 2012 - commenting on moderation

Arians needs to let Luck loose and play his game, and Manusky needs to light a fire under the defenses behinds to play a FULL GAME and not just a half. Gotta Win this one for Coach Pagano.

guess i shouldnt have said that word oops. sorry! didnt think it was to bad concidering they do say it on Fox CBS,NBC etc. wont say it again :(

Pray for Pagano and his family. And do it a LOT.

The good news (if there can be such a thing) is that it appears it was caught early. Can't ask for more.

As for Arians and the staff and the players...... hopefully this works itself out. Bill Parcells is not walking through our front door to save the day.

I'd recommend as fans not to over-react to what you see the first week or so. We could get drilled Sunday by Green Bay. It's just one game, the team is likely to be in shock. Don't read too much into a single game. Let things play out.

I've been preaching patience since Day One.... that's now more important than ever.

And, of course, the Big Picture remains Pagano and his family. In the grand scheme of things, everything else comes second.

Thoughts and Prayers to our Beloved Head Coach and his family and friends....

Just to add to this its also good news that it sounds like the kind he has is very treatable and has a very high survival rate.

90+ %! With the hours the coaches have during season.....we cannot expect him back.....very tiring ordeal.

Not this year for sure and maybe not next either. If chemo treatment last two years for this football might be out of the question next year as well. Then it becomes a question of how long does irsay wait for coach. I dont say that to be cold either. There isn't exactly a play book on how to handle this. Like I said before in another thread we can start to speculate and probably will down the road but for now I think it's best to go day to day.

I'm not so much displeased with the choice of Arians as interim coach, as I am displeased at the direction this season has gone so far. Speaking as a fan, this was the 1st season in awhile that I was actually eagerly looking forward to. So far, it's been filled with mostly disappointment. Pagano being diagnosed with a serious illness has killed any optimism I originally had going into the season. Not so much because I don't think we'll win that many games now, but because it sucks for him (or anyone for that matter) to have to go through this.

I don't think we'll be very good going forward and I don't think Arians is up to being a head coach (I barely like him as a coordinator), but that's besides the point. Like many have already said, football becomes secondary when dealing with serious illness. I couldn't care less now if we win another game. I just know I probably won't enjoy watching Colts games as much this year, knowing our coach is ill and we'll be left to wonder what could've been, had he not fallen ill.

The whole situation sucks. That's all

Yes and yes...but I still think maybe let it ride until the afternoon. They haven't even held the press conference yet. I guess it's just too soon given the news we all just received. Just my opinion.

It's a credit to your humanity for you to say this, and not a bad thing at all. However, football is Chucks life and right now the Colts are his passion. Even in the midst of something as serious as cancer Chucks mind was still on football as we can see by the following comments:

"Still, Irsay said it’s tough for Pagano to think about anything other than football."

“He was disheartened that NFL Network wasn’t on in his hospital room,” Irsay said.

http://profootballta...eat-this-thing/

Our leader even in the face of something that might put him on his death bed wanted to watch the NFL Network!

I don't think he would want us to wallow in our sorrows concerning his condition. I think he would want us focused on the game he loves, and the game we all love.

Let's continue on like we always do people! Pagano wouldn't have it any other way...

My prayers are out to him and his family. And of course to our beloved Colts.

I expect more from the Players. The coach isn't the Problem. The Players have to Execute. Luck has already thrown the Ball numerous times (as stated above). Throwing 50+ times a Game is Unacceptable.

All I expect is for more of the playbook to be used. We had a Bye Week so the Team should've learned more plays. Hard game coming up on Sunday

This is a situation where I'm okay with the head coach calling the plays on offense, but I would like to see someone promoted to interim offensive coordinator. I would also like to see Arians bring in an assistant with some experience to sit in the booth and help him with game management.