Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bruce Arian as interim head coach

jbaron04

Arians is a chess player and the offensive roster his pieces. We must establish a perceived run game. even if we stormed down the field passing on every down it would devastate our d. You must be close at least on time of possession. It would be like throwing you're queen around with no pawns, no end game. They could rush three all game and manage many picks. I am fully confident in Arians compintcy and knowledge of this game. He will be auditioning for a head coaching job this year make no mistake about it. This challenging time will bring everyone closer as a family. I look forward to pagano leading our future. Ps we will win on Sunday regardless.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a problem with Arians. Some people have stated negative opinions about his play calling, but we've dominated the first half of every game we've played except for the Chicago game. No one is complaining when that is happening, but when things don't go right in the second half of the game it is always the fault of Arians play calling. I think he does a good job of play calling, the execution of the play is not his problem. It's the problem of the players who carried it out.

I think he's going to do ok as the head coach.

I think I didnt explain myself well enought. That is not what I mean. Make sure Luck has the understanding if nothing is there, Its great to move outside and find your reciever. That seems why he has been so good at the end of these games. He feels the pressure and runs to his outsides. He looks really good like that. Its ok to have some plays set up where he does that more often. Dont make him feel like he has to stay in the pocket. During most the games, it looks like he feels he has to stay in the pocket. He takes sacks or tosses the ball out of bounce. Let the kid be himself for now. He moved around alot at Standford. I am not saying he or Big Ben had "running plays". They just are really good at moving around the pocket and out side pocket. Our O line isnt that great yet. This is something that could help that situation.

I still don't really get your gripe. It's not like Luck is taking a ton of sacks because he stays in the pocket too long. He lead our team in rushing yards against the Jags because he was continually leaving the pocket when it collapsed. And, in my opinion. the way the Steelers played on offense the past few years is not a desired way to play. Ben is a gambler, and for as many big plays that came from him extending plays with his scrambles, just as many bone-headed plays were a result of it. I don't blame that on Arians, I blame that on Ben because that's just the way he wants to play. I, for one, don't want Luck playing anything like Ben. He's not a very smart QB, to me, at least.

I still don't really get your gripe. It's not like Luck is taking a ton of sacks because he stays in the pocket too long. He lead our team in rushing yards against the Jags because he was continually leaving the pocket when it collapsed. And, in my opinion. the way the Steelers played on offense the past few years is not a desired way to play. Ben is a gambler, and for as many big plays that came from him extending plays with his scrambles, just as many bone-headed plays were a result of it. I don't blame that on Arians, I blame that on Ben because that's just the way he wants to play. I, for one, don't want Luck playing anything like Ben. He's not a very smart QB, to me, at least.

He has two superbowl rings

I hate bemoaning the current coaching situation because there are bigger things at play here, and I'd gladly trade any wins the rest of this season for Pagano's good health. But I defy any of you to find a Steeler fan that has any positive thing to say about Arians or one who was sorry to see him leave. Anyone who thinks the offense is going to open up more, find a Steeler fan. I made a comment on another board about our "run, run, pass" or "incomplete pass, run up the gut on 2nd and 10, pass on 3rd" offense, and at least 10 steelers fans said some variation of "welcome to a Bruce Arians offense". Again, my main rooting focus has turned to coach Pagano's health, but if we can isolate the Colts prospects for a second, I'm worried...

the defense may have helped...

No question about that. With that said he had a big hand in them winning the second one and he nearly won them a third one with his second half play. While I don't think Big Ben is one of the "elite QBs" in the NFL he's clearly a very very good QB. Being able to say you are the coach that developed him and Peyton Manning is pretty impressive. It doesn't mean Arians will be a great coach but let's be fair he is a place holder right now he wasn't brought here to be a HC. He was brought here to develop Andrew Luck like he has with Manning and Big Ben before him. The fact he's being forced into the HC role is an unfortunate turn of events. With that said for everyone who was saying anyone but Caldwell last year wish granted and if they get frustrated with Arians be happy he's not Caldwell.