Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

From What I've Heard and Seen

Dtman513

Highly unlikely. But I would love it if you were right!!!! Expect 6 wins or so, maybe 7

That would be a decent season. I'm also optimistic that we could be a dark horse, but I have nothing to base it on. New D, bad CBs, very little experience at WR, brand new O-line. I could go on, by why bother?

If the planets align, and everything works out, we may be good. Or we may be drafting #1 again next year.

The only reason I can think of why anyone would want 4 wins rather than 6 or 7 is a better spot in the draft. That's it. But, that's not enough.

I'll take more wins, thank you. 6 or 7 this year would be great. And if we were competitive in many of our losses, so much the better. Create a buzz, some optimism for 2013....

Gotta show progress.... gotta get better.... find a way to win..... even if it ain't pretty, at the end of the year, a win looks beautiful in the final record.....

7-9 or 9-7. Nothing More, Nothing Less

Yeah, I think there are 7 to 9 games that we could pull out if things go right. Including the last game if Houston rests their starters.

It's funny though, those teams are all penciling us in as a W for them too.

That would be a decent season. I'm also optimistic that we could be a dark horse, but I have nothing to base it on. New D, bad CBs, very little experience at WR, brand new O-line. I could go on, by why bother?

If the planets align, and everything works out, we may be good. Or we may be drafting #1 again next year.

Very little experience at WR?

I think that, even with the issues our roster had last season, coaching and quarterbacking were the big problems. With better coaching and even middle of the road quarterbacking (3500 yards and 60% completions), we probably could have won another three or four games.

I am assuming that our coaching simply cannot be as bad as it was last season. I like Pagano, and I like the staff he's put together. Time will tell, of course, but I think it's reasonable to give them the benefit of the doubt. I also think it's reasonable to assume that Luck will play better than Collins, Painter and Orlovsky did last season, with more production.

A lot of things would have to line up perfectly for us to have a shot at the playoffs. I don't expect that to happen, but it would hardly be a shocker. Teams have gone from bad to in the hunt with a rookie quarterback in one season before (most notably the Falcons). I could also see a lot of things breaking bad for us, and not winning very many games. Neither extreme would be surprising. But the middle road is much more likely, and that's okay, especially after you lost 14 games in one season. Just for perspective, we lost a total of 14 games in the previous three seasons. We've got a long way to go yet.

I'm all about winning the superbowl But what I want to see this season is just a lot of team chemistry and groth. Don't get me wrong if we lose a lot of close games in go 5 and 11 Yes I'll be upset, but at the same time I will be happy because we're competing and this is only our first year. The future shows promise. Growing pains growing pains. New defense new coaches and players this year I will accept the losing record as long as games r close and no blowouts.

I think that, even with the issues our roster had last season, coaching and quarterbacking were the big problems. With better coaching and even middle of the road quarterbacking (3500 yards and 60% completions), we probably could have won another three or four games.

I am assuming that our coaching simply cannot be as bad as it was last season. I like Pagano, and I like the staff he's put together. Time will tell, of course, but I think it's reasonable to give them the benefit of the doubt. I also think it's reasonable to assume that Luck will play better than Collins, Painter and Orlovsky did last season, with more production.

A lot of things would have to line up perfectly for us to have a shot at the playoffs. I don't expect that to happen, but it would hardly be a shocker. Teams have gone from bad to in the hunt with a rookie quarterback in one season before (most notably the Falcons). I could also see a lot of things breaking bad for us, and not winning very many games. Neither extreme would be surprising. But the middle road is much more likely, and that's okay, especially after you lost 14 games in one season. Just for perspective, we lost a total of 14 games in the previous three seasons. We've got a long way to go yet.

Love the optomism but there is no playoffs, 5 wins would be a reach maybe even a great year for this squad. We let alot of players go new schemess = long year!

Very little experience at WR?

Reggie and Austin.

I won't add Avery until we see that he can play. I really think he's a key for us this year. If he can get back to where he was before the injury people won't be able to bracket Reggie and Fleener.

Love the optomism but there is no playoffs, 5 wins would be a reach maybe even a great year for this squad. We let alot of players go new schemess = long year!

I think there are 7 to 9 games for possible W's (of course, every game is a possible W). I agree with S that we could have won more last year with even decent QB play. Then again, we're not the same team as last year.

:scratch:

I didn't say anything about us making the playoffs.

I also wonder why we keep bringing up the loss of players that didn't contribute in the past two seasons, especially in comparison with the way we played last year. Garcon was really the only player who contributed at a high level last season who is no longer here, and he's hardly irreplaceable.

There's no doubt in my mind that our roster is better this season than last. The only question is whether we can put it all together on the field.

I feel ya OP, and I've been saying it for a while.....8-8 at worst next year.

I'm gonna go on record and say we head into the bye at 3-0. Chicago doesn't scare me much, and Forte is a holdout waiting to happen. Minnesota is gonna have a long season, and they definitely won't have Peterson for that game. Jacksonville will contend for number 1 overall next draft, and MJD looks like a possible holdout.

Looking at our schedule, I see a ton of very winnable games. We might not win pretty, but I don't foresee a team getting blown out either, so it'll really be an 'any given Sunday' type of year.

We're going to be leaps and bounds better than last year when we could have easily won 5 or 6 games if we had even marginal QB play. Whether that improvement translates into wins is uncertain. We play some teams that stunk last year too and who knows who will surprisingly stink this year.

I am going to go on record and say we go 8-8 this year... That's my prediction... I see our wins against Chi, Min, Jax, Cle, Ten, Jax, Buf, & Ten. Now if Houston is resting at the end then I could see a win there... however, if we sweep the rest of the AFC South then I could see us and Houston fighting it out at the end... I dont really see us beating GB, MIA, NE, DET, or KC...

Also, depending on what the Jets do this year I think that game is winnable... especially if Tebow mania comes to town and they remove Mark "Dirty" Sanchez from the QB spot....

So 8-8 is my prediction... 9-7 or 10-6 at the ABSOLUTE very best.

As long as we are competitive and see improvement on a weekly basis and growth from the young players, I'm content with winning 4-6 games. The real jump will come next year when we have cap space galore and maybe another top 10 or top 5 pick. 2013 would a dark horse candidate year I believe.

Tampa Bay just had a solid off-season in terms of free agency and a good draft, lets see how this year works for them after being terrible last year.

Reggie and Austin.

I won't add Avery until we see that he can play. I really think he's a key for us this year. If he can get back to where he was before the injury people won't be able to bracket Reggie and Fleener.

Avery does have something to prove but I really wouldn't be worried about Hilton and Brazil , both will probably be on ST most of the time. Players that play ST primarily often lack experience.

I also wonder why we keep bringing up the loss of players that didn't contribute in the past two seasons, especially in comparison with the way we played last year. Garcon was really the only player who contributed at a high level last season who is no longer here, and he's hardly irreplaceable.

There's no doubt in my mind that our roster is better this season than last. The only question is whether we can put it all together on the field.

Predictably, I agree 100% in concept. The only detail I'd squabble about is that I'd call Saturday a tough to replace piece that played at a high level last year. I do, however, like the move to bring in Satele and even think it was a proactive move to get better long term, not reactive to Jeff's leaving (I could be very wrong about that). I think Satele's body of work is more proven than he gets credit for and installing him for an aging Jeff Saturday is solid GMing. Other than Saturday/Garcon, I think you are right, we didn't lose any contributors that were going to help us that much immediately and/or long term. The roster is better....way better in my opinion.

I'd sum up my expectations for the season this way: "We'll be tough to beat unless you have a top 10 QB." It really is that simple to me. We have personnel to jam up most running teams and confuse/pressure average passing attacks. We simply don't have the personnel yet to cover when blitzing Rogers, Brady, etc. Nor do we have the seasoning to score with them, though we'll be effective on offense. Thus, we lose to QB's of that caliber and compete with the rest....for now.

Avery does have something to prove but I really wouldn't be worried about Hilton and Brazil , both will probably be on ST most of the time. Players that play ST primarily often lack experience.

Hence my response that our WRs have little experience beyond Reggie and Austin. Hilton needs to step it up fast, we still don't know if Avery can get through a season. If he's back to form, and Hilton is what we expect, we'll have that speed that we always wanted.

Can't wait!

Predictably, I agree 100% in concept. The only detail I'd squabble about is that I'd call Saturday a tough to replace piece that played at a high level last year. I do, however, like the move to bring in Satele and even think it was a proactive move to get better long term, not reactive to Jeff's leaving (I could be very wrong about that). I think Satele's body of work is more proven than he gets credit for and installing him for an aging Jeff Saturday is solid GMing. Other than Saturday/Garcon, I think you are right, we didn't lose any contributors that were going to help us that much immediately and/or long term. The roster is better....way better in my opinion.

I'd sum up my expectations for the season this way: "We'll be tough to beat unless you have a top 10 QB." It really is that simple to me. We have personnel to jam up most running teams and confuse/pressure average passing attacks. We simply don't have the personnel yet to cover when blitzing Rogers, Brady, etc. Nor do we have the seasoning to score with them, though we'll be effective on offense. Thus, we lose to QB's of that caliber and compete with the rest....for now.

Yes, I should acknowledge Jeff Saturday. I think I forgot about him because, in my mind, he's been adequately replaced.

But people, not just on the board but in the media as well, keep bringing up "all the players we lost," without mentioning that those players haven't been playing the past two years.

I like your summation of how we'll match up with other teams. I think that's what I hope to see. Like I've said, I have no win/loss predictions at this point. Maybe I'll make one during training camp or preseason once we get more information, but I'm really not expecting us to win a bunch of games. And if that's the sole measure for whether a team is good/better, then I don't expect it to be impressive. But I do expect our team to perform better, offensively and defensively. I expect our coaching staff to make common sense adjustments, and I expect us to be a much tougher out than we were at times last season.

I'm not trying to pump rainbows up anybody's rear, but I don't think all the doom and gloom is based in reality.

Hence my response that our WRs have little experience beyond Reggie and Austin. Hilton needs to step it up fast, we still don't know if Avery can get through a season. If he's back to form, and Hilton is what we expect, we'll have that speed that we always wanted.

Can't wait!

I expect Brazill and Hilton to contribute, when given the opportunity. Assuming health to Wayne, Collie and Avery, along with the tight ends, they might not get the opportunity. But the NFL makes it a lot easier for rookie receivers to contribute now than it used to.

You do mention Playoffs Which isn't going to happen. You mention Garcon at this point today he isn't replaced, Addai, Bracett, Bullet, Clark, Lacey, Wheller, Pollack, Diem, Saturday, The Qb from last year, Peyton & new schemes I see alot of growing pains.Which isn't bad its necssary, But I see us short on tallent in some postions & alot of leadership gone. We are not as talented as the Falcons were when Matt Ryan was drafted. You like to make comparsion I don't see it.

You do mention Playoffs Which isn't going to happen. You mention Garcon at this point today he isn't replaced, Addai, Bracett, Bullet, Clark, Lacey, Wheller, The Qb from last year, Peyton & new schemes I see alot of growing pains.

The players you named either had a serious problem catching the ball-Garcon, or injury issues-Brackett, Clark, Bullit or were none factors-Wheeler but their will certainly be growing pains but not because of any of those players being released

The players you named either had a serious problem catching the ball-Garcon, or injury issues-Brackett, Clark, Bullit or were none factors-Wheeler but their will certainly be growing pains but not because of any of those players being released

Injuries usally heal, Have we replaced these players right now with better tallent. I think not at this point! Wheeler was good last year. And for all the % Garcon takes he was good & tough.