Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

From What I've Heard and Seen

Dtman513

You do mention Playoffs Which isn't going to happen. You mention Garcon at this point today he isn't replaced, Addai, Bracett, Bullet, Clark, Lacey, Wheller, The Qb from last year, Peyton & new schemes I see alot of growing pains.

I guess you missed where I said "I don't expect that to happen." I've never suggested we are going to make the playoffs. I've simply said that it's not impossible.

Are we really going to do this whole thing again? ::sighs:: Fine...

Garcon has not been replaced. We have prospects that could easily fill the void left by him, considering the fact that there's nothing special about Garcon to begin with. I appreciate his contributions last season, especially under hard circumstances, but he's an average receiver, and it won't be difficult to replace his production. His leaving is a non-issue.

Addai, Brackett, Bullitt and Clark played in 56 of a possible 128 games over the last two seasons. Let's say the haven't been replaced, we're still not missing anything from them, because they haven't been giving us anything. However, they HAVE been replaced. Addai has been replaced by Brown, and the rest of the committee (Brown was BY FAR the better back last season). Brackett has been replaced by Angerer and his 146 tackles. Bullitt was a replacement himself, and there's nothing special about him. Zbikowski can do everything Bullitt could, plus we have other young players who will compete for that spot. We will not miss Bullitt, considering the fact that he's played 6 games in the past two years. And Clark, whom I love, has done nothing the past two seasons. Jacob Tamme's numbers in 8 starts in 2010 practically equal Clark's numbers from 2010 and 2011 combined, in which he missed 15 games. Fleener and Allen should be able to match Clark's 34 catches from last season, if not double that number.

I appreciate everything those four have done for the team, especially in the Super Bowl season(s). But -- and I don't know how to say this any more emphatically than I already have -- WE WILL NOT MISS THEM. Not one bit. They haven't done anything to help the team in two seasons.

It's hilarious that you mention Jacob Lacey, the poster child for bad corner play the last two seasons. It's not all his fault that he was so ineffective here, but winning teams don't start Jacob Lacey at corner. You might as well be complaining about us not having Keyunta Dawson anymore.

I liked Wheeler, but with the scheme changes, anything he gave us will be duplicated, likely improved on, with Freeney and Mathis and their backups.

The quarterback last year? Didn't we have the WORST quarterback situation in the league last year? Better quarterbacking would have probably meant two or three more wins, at least. Why would we miss the quarterbacks last year? Are you joking?

I don't have to say very much about Peyton Manning. He'll never be replaced, I don't care how good Andrew Luck is. But -- and I say this with the fondest feelings in my heart for him -- he didn't play last year. Can't miss what we didn't have.

Growing pains are a certainty, with a rookie quarterback, first year head coach, and a new staff. Again, I'm not predicting the playoffs. But all these things taken into consideration, we'll be better in 2012 than we were in 2011.

I'd sum up my expectations for the season this way: "We'll be tough to beat unless you have a top 10 QB." It really is that simple to me. We have personnel to jam up most running teams and confuse/pressure average passing attacks. We simply don't have the personnel yet to cover when blitzing Rogers, Brady, etc. Nor do we have the seasoning to score with them, though we'll be effective on offense. Thus, we lose to QB's of that caliber and compete with the rest....for now.

Great, great post. One of my favorites since I arrived. Really well said. :worthy:

We simply don't have the personnel yet to cover when blitzing Rogers, Brady, etc. Nor do we have the seasoning to score with them, though we'll be effective on offense. Thus, we lose to QB's of that caliber and compete with the rest....for now.

........For that reason I think the colts will play much more 4-3 than 3-4 against the superior passing teams, and Freeney and Mathis will play their traditional roles reducing the need to blitz....

I strongly doubt that the owner, coaches, and players feel like they don't have a chance this season. I'll be rooting with every bit of belief that the Colt's will make the playoffs. They have just as good a chance as any other team.

If by some long shot they don't make it, then I'll put on my orange #18 jersey and just keep on keepin' on!

I have that feeling like we may be a dark horse team this year...

A lot of analysts and teams are overlooking us and I feel we're going to respond in a huge way...

Thoughts?

Colts are not dark horses..they are white Horses.. :unicorn:

Seriously..the only way to go is up....

We'd be hard-pressed to go 2-14 again..

..a lot depends on those 1st 3 games....If we're 2-1.....we'll probably be 5-5 after 10 games. (the schedule suggests its possible)

...If we're 5-5 after 10 games...we could possibly LUCK into the playoffs.

a lot of what is going on is a result of Manning's fault

but I think we are a team that will go as far as Luck will take us. If it was Manning's team then it would be as far as he could take us, but he choose to leave.

Take us far new blood, you are the chosen one, picked first for pete's sake

but I think we are a team that will go as far as Luck will take us. If it was Manning's team then it would be as far as he could take us, but he choose to leave.

Wait for it.......wait for it......

I....well......um..........not sure what to .....uh..........say?

I hope, no matter what happens, that the Colts fan base can observe struggles and failure and not assign blame. I also hope they can observe early success and truly understand all who make it happen. Our struggles last season was a combination of many things. Just like our failure or successes this season will be a combination of many things.

I....well......um..........not sure what to .....uh..........say?

I hope, no matter what happens, that the Colts fan base can observe struggles and failure and not assign blame. I also hope they can observe early success and truly understand all who make it happen. Our struggles last season was a combination of many things. Just like our failure or successes this season will be a combination of many things.

Taking injuries out of the equation, to me it comes down to coaching and quarterbacking, in that order. I think last year's team could have won more games than they did with better coaching decisions and average quarterbacking.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, June 19, 2012 - borderline trolling/baiting
Hidden by Nadine, June 19, 2012 - borderline trolling/baiting

lol

Taking injuries out of the equation, to me it comes down to coaching and quarterbacking, in that order. I think last year's team could have won more games than they did with better coaching decisions and average quarterbacking.

Exactly!!! Should've BEAT the Steelers. But due to Mr. Painter missing a WIDE Open Garcon, we took an L :facepalm:

I guess you missed where I said "I don't expect that to happen." I've never suggested we are going to make the playoffs. I've simply said that it's not impossible.

Are we really going to do this whole thing again? ::sighs:: Fine...

Garcon has not been replaced. We have prospects that could easily fill the void left by him, considering the fact that there's nothing special about Garcon to begin with. I appreciate his contributions last season, especially under hard circumstances, but he's an average receiver, and it won't be difficult to replace his production. His leaving is a non-issue.

Addai, Brackett, Bullitt and Clark played in 56 of a possible 128 games over the last two seasons. Let's say the haven't been replaced, we're still not missing anything from them, because they haven't been giving us anything. However, they HAVE been replaced. Addai has been replaced by Brown, and the rest of the committee (Brown was BY FAR the better back last season). Brackett has been replaced by Angerer and his 146 tackles. Bullitt was a replacement himself, and there's nothing special about him. Zbikowski can do everything Bullitt could, plus we have other young players who will compete for that spot. We will not miss Bullitt, considering the fact that he's played 6 games in the past two years. And Clark, whom I love, has done nothing the past two seasons. Jacob Tamme's numbers in 8 starts in 2010 practically equal Clark's numbers from 2010 and 2011 combined, in which he missed 15 games. Fleener and Allen should be able to match Clark's 34 catches from last season, if not double that number.

I appreciate everything those four have done for the team, especially in the Super Bowl season(s). But -- and I don't know how to say this any more emphatically than I already have -- WE WILL NOT MISS THEM. Not one bit. They haven't done anything to help the team in two seasons.

It's hilarious that you mention Jacob Lacey, the poster child for bad corner play the last two seasons. It's not all his fault that he was so ineffective here, but winning teams don't start Jacob Lacey at corner. You might as well be complaining about us not having Keyunta Dawson anymore.

I liked Wheeler, but with the scheme changes, anything he gave us will be duplicated, likely improved on, with Freeney and Mathis and their backups.

The quarterback last year? Didn't we have the WORST quarterback situation in the league last year? Better quarterbacking would have probably meant two or three more wins, at least. Why would we miss the quarterbacks last year? Are you joking?

I don't have to say very much about Peyton Manning. He'll never be replaced, I don't care how good Andrew Luck is. But -- and I say this with the fondest feelings in my heart for him -- he didn't play last year. Can't miss what we didn't have.

Growing pains are a certainty, with a rookie quarterback, first year head coach, and a new staff. Again, I'm not predicting the playoffs. But all these things taken into consideration, we'll be better in 2012 than we were in 2011.

I hope, its certainly a new chapter.

One way or another I just hope we can draft a bigtime WR next year if there is one

Another WR? Don't you think we have enough of those? Shouldn't we be getting a Big Time CB if the ones we have now don't work out? Or just go after what's Needed, instead of what's Wanted

:facepalm: :rolleyes: :sigh: :smack:

Another WR? Don't you think we have enough of those? Shouldn't we be getting a Big Time CB if the ones we have now don't work out? Or just go after what's Needed, instead of what's Wanted

I'm pretty hopeful about our WRs this year, but really only two of them are proven veterans (Wayne and Collie). I like what I'm hearing about Avery and his recovery as well as Hilton, Brazill, Sambrano, Ross, etc..., but I wouldn't be surprised to find WR being a "hole" we need to fill next offseason. Actually as far as WR talent goes vs CB I don't think they're that different. I give the edge to the receiving core because Wayne is an elite talent, but otherwise it's several hopeful but unproven receivers vs several hopeful but unproven cornerbacks. That's just my opinion.

Unbelievable Analogy..... :trout::dunno: :rolleyes: :sigh: :?:

it was mutual. he was actually looking out for us by wanting to leave. I dont put blame on him or Irsay. got used to seeing the Irsay bashers, but now the its Mannings fault people are coming out.

Hey, How bout them Colts?!? CANT FRICKEN WAIT!! wait, what was the topic again?

I think we could really use a bigtime WR if there is one available next year. Wayne is aging and no one else on the roster is really a proven #1 WR. Imagine Luck getting to throw to someone like Fitz or Calvin Johnson. But its not needed.. just as much as getting a top CB isn't needed.. because we already have 'enough of those'