Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts trying to trade for Cowboys CB Mike Jenkins [Merge]

MTC

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cowboys fan here. You guys are about to make a HUGE mistake. Jenkins is not a good player at all. He has a poor attitude, cannot tackle well, will even refuse to tackle, commits too many penalties, virtually never creates turnovers, can't play press despite reputation as the Cowboys' secondary was god aweful the last two years with opponent receivers often wide open. He isn't fast enough or physical enough to cover large receivers. Don't be fooled by his one pro bowl. He was an alternate, and really did not have a great year that year. The pro bowl is a joke anyways and lots of guys make it that don't deserve it because of other players refusing to play. Jenkins is also made of tissue paper. He gets hurt far too easily, and you most likely won't get a full season out of him.

If you give us a 3rd or better then you will have been burned. Jerry is gonna try to hold out for a 1st. Trust me, you don't want a guy like Jenkins poisoning your lockerroom with his entitlement attitude. Rather than beat a rookie out for the starting job, he pouted and wants to be traded. That should put up red flags for you guys. You would be better off dealing with a few rebuilding years, and drafting a stud CB next year. Trust me on this one. I have had to watch him his whole career.

I personally hope this trade happens because I have wanted Jenkins gone since he was part of the 2010 quitter's club Cowboys team that year. I'd take a 4th and a bag of chips from you guys in trade and know that I got the better end of the deal.

I personally hope this trade happens because I have wanted Jenkins gone since he was part of the 2010 quitter's club Cowboys team that year. I'd take a 4th and a bag of chips from you guys in trade and know that I got the better end of the deal.

What kind of chips?

Most of the time Jerry Jones will not make a trade till he gets the better of the deal. That's one thing he did learn from Jimmy Johnson.

I'd say we offered him a really good deal, Im glad it got turned down, I have no idea what Grigson was doing willing to give up that much for a #2 Corner

Do you have a source?

not trying to sound snarky just curious

I cant remember if I do or not. Think though, if we sent them an unconfirmed 3rd and 4th pick and they still said no then its over right there. They obviously want more then what anyone will give for him.

Cowboys fan here. You guys are about to make a HUGE mistake. Jenkins is not a good player at all. He has a poor attitude, cannot tackle well, will even refuse to tackle, commits too many penalties, virtually never creates turnovers, can't play press despite reputation as the Cowboys' secondary was god aweful the last two years with opponent receivers often wide open. He isn't fast enough or physical enough to cover large receivers. Don't be fooled by his one pro bowl. He was an alternate, and really did not have a great year that year. The pro bowl is a joke anyways and lots of guys make it that don't deserve it because of other players refusing to play. Jenkins is also made of tissue paper. He gets hurt far too easily, and you most likely won't get a full season out of him.

If you give us a 3rd or better then you will have been burned. Jerry is gonna try to hold out for a 1st. Trust me, you don't want a guy like Jenkins poisoning your lockerroom with his entitlement attitude. Rather than beat a rookie out for the starting job, he pouted and wants to be traded. That should put up red flags for you guys. You would be better off dealing with a few rebuilding years, and drafting a stud CB next year. Trust me on this one. I have had to watch him his whole career.

THANKYOU

I cant remember if I do or not. Think though, if we sent them an unconfirmed 3rd and 4th pick and they still said no then its over right there. They obviously want more then what anyone will give for him.

So you kinda came up to your own conclusion without a source.:facepalm:

I'm happy they didn't take the trade honestly. I could see possibly a 4th, but a 3rd and a 4th oh please no.

So you kinda came up to your own conclusion without a source. :facepalm:

Hey man I hope his conclusion is right. I can understand that we may need a cb, completely understand if they want to upgrade and I'm hoping they want to, but man I think if you are gonna give up that many picks we shouldn't be getting a nickel DB. Plus if what the cowboys fan said is true; i'm thankful (BTW no offense to the cowboys fan) I just know where there is smoke most of the time theirs fire. . . .I just want them to stick a fork in the rumor cause I want it to be done.

Grigs stayed true to his beliefs in the draft, so I can't see him all of a sudden getting "non-smart" now. Cowboys routinely draft players with the wrong attitude and then they are poisoned by the whole Dallas Nation thing and usually under perform yet think they are elite. I do not want him.

I like the move and couldn't understand why the Cowboys picked up two CB's this year with Jenkins being there. However, that is typical Cowboys style to get the biggest name players instead of building a team. Being here in Dallas and being a Colts fan I have to hear about the Cowboys way more than I care to. Offer them a fourth rounder in 2013 to close the deal.

I don't see them trading Freeney they are trying to build a team and establish starters. Trading Freeney would just require us to fill another starting need.

I really hope it's true that the talks are over. If we give up a 3rd and a 4th for Mike Jenkins, I wont be happy. Anymore than that and I'll blow a gasket. Mike Jenkins is a #2 CB as best. He will NEVER be a #1, and at this time isn't even a great #2...

Even though he would (quite sadly) be the immediate best corner on our team (barring drastic improvement by our guys, of course) that's just asking too much for him. Can't give 2 future draft picks up for another sub-par corner.

Why the rush all of the sudden Grigs? Are we expecting to contend this season or something? We should not be this desperate for a corner at this stage that we would overpay for one. Much less one who is injury prone. Had enough of that around here. If we were a Super Bowl contender and this would put us over the top then maybe we could consider. But we are not.

Cowboys should have taken us for a 3rd and 4th as they would likely be pretty high picks. Glad that they didn't. We can easily address corner next offseason if we so choose. Keep the picks and let's continue building this monster the right way.

So you want the whole team traded? Because that team folded like a hooker punched in the stomach by a fat guy with spots all over his face (thanks Joey)...

Why would the Cowboys trade Jenkins for a 4th or 5th round pick? Their compensatory pick would be in the same 'ballpark' if they keep him, then lose him at years' end. I've looked at their possible needs- safety, DE, OLB, 3rd WR, and depth @ TE/O-Line. Jenkins was a Pro-Bowl-caliber player before getting hurt, and he's just entering his prime. Sure he can be again (if his shoulder is healthy). Don't think the Cowboys will let him go w/out a quality player involved in the deal...

Jenkins is Good, but if they won't take a 4th or lower....then I say forget it. We better not trade a Veteran or Key Player away for Jenkins. If it doesnt work out, I say we just work with Rucker, Thomas, & that MD CB who's name I can't spell. Think it's chism or something like that

We've stopped negotiations. Your FO clearly doesn't want to trade him if they're saying 1st or 2nd rounder, they know we wouldn't/couldn't do that.

I wish Jerry Hughes would get really defensive as well....

Hughes will Produce this Year. Most likely, it's Him & Redding starting at DE. I believe Hughes knows his Career as a Colt is in Danger this Year. He will have to Perform, or he may be Cut in 2013

Why the rush all of the sudden Grigs? Are we expecting to contend this season or something? We should not be this desperate for a corner at this stage that we would overpay for one. Much less one who is injury prone. Had enough of that around here. If we were a Super Bowl contender and this would put us over the top then maybe we could consider. But we are not.

Cowboys should have taken us for a 3rd and 4th as they would likely be pretty high picks. Glad that they didn't. We can easily address corner next offseason if we so choose. Keep the picks and let's continue building this monster the right way.

They saw how terrible our CB's are at OTAs probably. I think if the Cowboys turned down a 3rd and 4th, then Jerry Jones is a (bigger than previously thought) fool. Does he honestly expect a 1st from a team that will likely pick top 5 next year?

Hughes will Produce this Year. Most likely, it's Him & Redding starting at DE. I believe Hughes knows his Career as a Colt is in Danger this Year. He will have to Perform, or he may be Cut in 2013

He isn't a 3-4 DE. He was a bad 4-3 DE. He could have his career revitalized. He'll be backing up Freeney and Mathis at OLB.

He isn't a 3-4 DE. He was a bad 4-3 DE. He could have his career revitalized. He'll be backing up Freeney and Mathis at OLB.

Just looked at him on the Roster, you're Right he is listed as an OLB. Well in his TCU Career he played a Little Man Coverage witht them running the 4-2-5 Defense. I don't know if he's still Got it, but with Freeney & Mathis moving around on the field so much... He should get a lot of PT. Now it just depends on how he uses it.

I don't think you realize how bad our corners are. Besides Jerraud Powers we have no one. Jenkins would be a clear upgrade.

According to NFL.com, our CB's go as this.... Powers: 1st String Kevin Thomas: 2nd String Dude we got from the Broncos: Nickel CB..... Idk how true this may be, but this is what they have. I think Rucker or Chism should be starters imo

Just looked at him on the Roster, you're Right he is listed as an OLB. Well in his TCU Career he played a Little Man Coverage witht them running the 4-2-5 Defense. I don't know if he's still Got it, but with Freeney & Mathis moving around on the field so much... He should get a lot of PT. Now it just depends on how he uses it.

I'm not sure you have a clear picture of who does what yet in the hybrid defense. It would be very unusual for Hughes to be on the field unless either Mathis or Freeney are on the sidelines. Mathis and Freeney moving around so much won't have an impact on Hughes. Hughes playing so well that he can be trusted to take reps from our best (as was the design from the beginning with the high draft pick) and raise the tide by make everyone fresher, is what will have an impact on Hughes.

I would like to get better earlier rather than later. But overpaying isn't the method to do it either. A fair trade and I could agree. I could have almost gone along with the rumored 3 & 4, but nothing more. Now if Cowboys/Jones become reasonable later down the road, then we can try again. Otherwise, I say back off and move on.

I would like to get better earlier rather than later. But overpaying isn't the method to do it either. A fair trade and I could agree. I could have almost gone along with the rumored 3 & 4, but nothing more. Now if Cowboys/Jones become reasonable later down the road, then we can try again. Otherwise, I say back off and move on.

I agree!

I couldnt agree with a 3rd and a 4th I dont believe we have a 5th, 3rd and a 4th is just to much for a number 2 corner that Im not even sure can come in and be our number 1, Ill take Thomas or Chism as our #2 and be content with that till next years draft

IMO, if I was Jenkins.. I'd go out there & Play. But when the Ball is Snapped, I'd let the WR go w/o being Covered & do that every game until they Released Me. I'd do EVERYTHING in my Power to get Released since they don't want to Trade me

... and if I were your teammates you wouldn't leave the locker room without being pummeled.

Mike Jenkins is a #1 corner I don't get this #2 corner stuff. He just got put in the same boat Dominique Rodgers Cromartie(with samuel and asumghua)got put in in Philly they don't want to go from #1 corner to a nickel back they ego and competitive nature won't let it happen.

And can somebody please point me in the direction where the colts indeed offered a 3rd and a 4th together from a reliable source?

Here is Calvin Watkins of ESPN Dallas on the Mike Jenkins situation today and he said nothing about a 3rd and 4th rounder together(sounds like another Rob Lowe tweet by Graham or whatever his name was) but here y'all can read what he said

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4693034/cowboys-will-not-trade-mike-jenkins-and-heres-why?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter