Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts trying to trade for Cowboys CB Mike Jenkins [Merge]

MTC

Yes, from top to bottom, it is safe to say. The heavyweights like the Steelers, Ravens, Pats etc. can still hang with the best of the NFC though the NFC would win 2 out of 3 most times. In a one game elimination however, those things are out the window.

The AFC needs a few new teams on the rise soon. I am hoping the Luck led Colts can become one. Perhaps the Dalton led Bengals will be another and they already are. Texans might be the best bet for a current one ATM based on their divisional road.

We just need some new juice in the AFC to shake things up. It is getting stale to me. The hot action is NFC related.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, from top to bottom, it is safe to say. The heavyweights like the Steelers, Ravens, Pats etc. can still hang with the best of the NFC though the NFC would win 2 out of 3 most times. In a one game elimination however, those things are out the window.

All them teams are up there in age so it might be awhile before the AFC is relevant

I find it rather silly when posters feel we can just draft who we fancy in next years draft. Like we are the only team that need a CB etc. Especially when we don't even know our draft spot. Seems rather desperate if you ask me.....

So looking forward to next years draft is funny when a team is in rebuild mode? of course some of the other teams have the same needs we do but nothing wrong with liking a guy that will be in the draft next year, some of us just see what our obvious needs are such as Corner, after all if we didnt need one so bad we wouldnt have traded for one and pick up some in the offseason, we have needs and will have needs going into the draft next year, nothing wrong with looking at next years draft class

So looking forward to next years draft is funny when a team is in rebuild mode? of course some of the other teams have the same needs we do but nothing wrong with liking a guy that will be in the draft next year, some of us just see what our obvious needs are such as Corner, after all if we didnt need one so bad we wouldnt have traded for one and pick up some in the offseason, we have needs and will have needs going into the draft next year, nothing wrong with looking at next years draft class

Yep, you can see the future.

Look his point is that any fool can see a CB will be a need in 2013. The notion that the need will be filled by Player X is comical 9 months from free agency and 11 months from the draft.

All them teams are up there in age so it might be awhile before the AFC is relevant

Yep, however the Ravens, Steelers are still young enough at the QB position, like the Bengals, Jets and Texans. Plus, they seem to be drafting well recently, at least the AFC North is.

Pats will be relevant as long as Brady is there, and Sanchez has age in his favor and has to take the next step (which we have been saying the last couple of years :)) in order for the Jets to be relevant again.

Texans are going the same direction as the Ravens, Steelers, Jets of a few years ago w.r.t their D doing more and more talking thus making them good playoff prospects once they make the playoffs.

AFC West is going to be like before, anyone can win it, they will just beat each other up, IMO. It might change with Peyton there but we will see but all their QBs are definitely not from the fountain of youth :) - Rivers, Palmer could be described as in the middle of their careers while Peyton in the home stretch. The Chiefs QBs, not sure where they are. :)

Look his point is that any fool can see a CB will be a need in 2013. The notion that the need will be filled by Player X is comical 9 months from free agency and 11 months from the draft.

I dont recall saying any of those guys I mentioned will be who the Colts draft Heck we should all know by now we cant control the draft and have no real say in who we draft but I see no problem in liking some of the guys that will come out and loking the idea of getting one of them

I dont recall saying any of those guys I mentioned will be who the Colts draft Heck we should all know by now we cant control the draft and have no real say in who we draft but I see no problem in liking some of the guys that will come out and loking the idea of getting one of them

"Close the Jenkins case. Draft David Amerson next year. Draft another CB in the 4th. Manusky happy. Job done. :-)"

Who said you said it? Above quote (not the only example) is to what I was referring to. Then you jumped in with both feet......

"Close the Jenkins case. Draft David Amerson next year. Draft another CB in the 4th. Manusky happy. Job done. :-)"

Who said you said it? Above quote (not the only example) is to what I was referring to. Then you jumped in with both feet......

Draft Xavier Rhodes

Whats comical is the backlash I am getting for liking some of football players that will be in next years draft after all many of us were salivating over many of the draftees in the past draft heck even a few (very few) were salivating over the notion that we were going to get Andrew Luck and that hadn't happen yet

I think as is it is dead. It may get revisited later once Dallas sees he is serious about not coming to not just OTAs but training camp. You can't blame Dallas for being greedy. The kid has potential and is only costing 1 million dollars. That is cheap for a starting cb in this league which he is. They aren't going to give him up for nothing. That said if those reports about a 3rd rounder were true they probably aren't going to get better than that. I imagine they will keep him around because we all know a starting rookie corner no matter how good isn't going to be a shut down. I would say the one position that is the hardest transition in the NFL is the CB. Even great ones need a couple years to grow and learn. They will need Jenkins in that division.