Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts trying to trade for Cowboys CB Mike Jenkins [Merge]

MTC

I guess I will be going against the grain and say I really hope the Colts don't make this trade and if I do, I will really have to question Grigson as a GM. Jenkins has had one good year and the rest have been mediocre, then combined with that video 21isSuperman posted and this guy is not worth it. He may have more talent that KT and Rucker but who cares if he doesn't have the desire to use it.

I hope Grigson is smart enough to sign players based on their football playing ability not their reputation.

So somebody post a bad video of Jenkins in his rookie year and you dont want him, and if somebody flip the script and post a video of his pro bowl season(that following year) and i bet some would have a different view on him

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So somebody post a bad video of Jenkins in his rookie year and you dont want him,

Is that what I said? No I mentioned other things (actually mentioned them first) and then stated combined with...
and if somebody flip the script and post a video of his pro bowl season(that following year) and i bet some would have a different view on him
I wouldn't. I acknowledge he's had one good season. The only time one good season negates three mediocre seasons is when it was the last one. But for Jenkins it was three seasons ago.

well going up against jenkins twice a year im sure grigson has a good understanding of his talent. i doubt he would have talked irsay into it if he didnt feel jenkins was worth trading for

Why? Grigson didn't have to develop a game plan for him, he wasn't in the film rooms as the Eagles were breaking down the Dallas defense. As a matter of fact, as the Director of Player Personnel he probably did not even travel with the team.

Sadly, I must have said something wrong, and Ruksak's booted me from the 'peace, love, football, hippie, something' club.

No that was in someones photo bucket that is no longer here and Ruksak will get it fixed soon because he is aware of this. You did nothing wrong no one has it right now.

Naw, I don't Joke when it comes to my Football Teams. I must admit I get really Defensive when it comes to the Colts, Longhorns or Horned Frogs

Sweet. Another Hook'em Horns fan.

Our offense won't be much next season with the exception of Malcolm Brown but our D will be a good one for sure

Why? Grigson didn't have to develop a game plan for him, he wasn't in the film rooms as the Eagles were breaking down the Dallas defense. As a matter of fact, as the Director of Player Personnel he probably did not even travel with the team.

you still have to watch film on your regular opponents to understand what kind of certain players you need

Same guy also says our first offer was a 3rd and a 4th which was instantly rejected... if a trade offer gets accepted we'll give Jenkins a new deal straight away

Not sure we have the $$$, particularly considering how much more we could give him next year.

Calvin Watkins on twitter (he covers the Cowboys on ESPN.com):

Doesn't look like it'll happen. Doesn't make sense to me... Jenkins is not participating in OTAs, wants to be traded, and Cowboys have a whole new arsenal of CBs from this offseason.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but:

1) That's what you say if you aren't trading a guy

2) That's what you say if you're negotiating a trade for a guy, up and until the ink dries.

3) That's what Jerry Jones said a week before cutting T.O and firing Wade Phillips, that they weren't going anywhere.

you still have to watch film on your regular opponents to understand what kind of certain players you need

That is not his job. It's the coaches and GMs job to determine what skills they want in the players at the different positions, it's the scouts job to grade those skills and present their finding to the GM and coaches.

I'm sure Grigson has watched film on Jenkins, especially when the Eagles were looking at CBs in 2011 but not because he's with the Cowboys but because, if he was good at his job (which by all accounts he was) he would have looked at any possible CBs.

Jenkins is a clear upgrade over anything we got but I wouldn't trade future draft picks for him unless I was certain I wasnt going to draft a Corner in 2013 and if Im Grigson I would wait till next years draft and get Amerson

Sweet. Another Hook'em Horns fan.

Our offense won't be much next season with the exception of Malcolm Brown but our D will be a good one for sure

Defense is always a Top D in the Nation. We just need David Ash or Case McCoy to step up. This could be Texas' Year if Offense gets it together

That is not his job. It's the coaches and GMs job to determine what skills they want in the players at the different positions, it's the scouts job to grade those skills and present their finding to the GM and coaches.

I'm sure Grigson has watched film on Jenkins, especially when the Eagles were looking at CBs in 2011 but not because he's with the Cowboys but because, if he was good at his job (which by all accounts he was) he would have looked at any possible CBs.

Grigson was the director of college scouts when Jenkins was entering the 2008 draft he basically was over all the scouts and presented them to the GM so I'm sure he took an intensive look a first round cornerback in Jenkins back then

Not sure we have the $$$, particularly considering how much more we could give him next year.

Can't we just do a contract with a small 2012 salary and then give a guaranteed roster bonus in 2013 ? Otherwords just put the guaranteed money into next year or split between 2013 and 2014 where we have tons of cap sace.

I guess I will be going against the grain and say I really hope the Colts don't make this trade and if I do, I will really have to question Grigson as a GM. Jenkins has had one good year and the rest have been mediocre, then combined with that video 21isSuperman posted and this guy is not worth it. He may have more talent that KT and Rucker but who cares if he doesn't have the desire to use it.

I hope Grigson is smart enough to sign players based on their football playing ability not their reputation.

I really don't have a great idea of how good a player Jenkins is , but I do have an opinion on this and I'm with you. If it were a 4th , I would be fine with the move. But to talk about compensation greater than next year's 3rd and 4th , when we figure to draft towards the top is IMO a urine poor deal. Dallas spent a fortune in both the draft and cash to replace him as a starting CB. So how good can he be ? Now they are pulling this silly bluff and saying he's not available in a trade. I really hope Grigson is not sucked in by this *. Maybe if a CB was needed to make a SB run , you might consider something like this. But if this CB issue is so much of an issue , Grigson should have spent some picks moving up in the draft to secure a CB he liked. Fact is this team is going to be a work in progress for a year or two minimum , so why watse cap space and draft picks on a guy that Dallas pretty much pushed out of their CB picture ?

3rd AND a fourth for a guy thats real good but not a shutdown Corner? no thanks Ill just draft Amerson

I see you have a serious man crush on Amerson. Im more on the Xavier Rhodes 6-2 210 CB from Florida state fan club. Can't argue Amerson but I'm just a fan of Xavier Rhodes

I see you have a serious man crush on Amerson. Im more on the Xavier Rhodes 6-2 210 CB from Florida state fan club. Can't argue Amerson but I'm just a fan of Xavier Rhodes

I'd be happy with either but I like 6'3" Amerson but wont blow a fuse if Rhodes is called I'd be happy, now if Grigson actually makes this trade and consideres giving up a 3rd and a 4th rounder for Jenkins then you better believe I will blow a fuse, Jenkins would likely be our number 1 but that doesnt mean he IS a number 1

Forget that. We offered them a 3rd and a 4th for their nickel corner and they didnt take it? wow

Good, but now Im concerned about how smart our GM really is by even offering that :facepalm: ....if in fact he did

I'd be happy with either but I like 6'3" Amerson but wont blow a fuse if Rhodes is called I'd be happy, now if Grigson actually makes this trade and consideres giving up a 3rd and a 4th rounder for Jenkins then you better believe I will blow a fuse, Jenkins would likely be our number 1 but that doesnt mean he IS a number 1

I like Rhodes because after his amazing 2010 season. He had the Darelle Revis effect in 2011 they were avoiding his side at all cost. And I highly doubt we offered a 3rd and 4th rounder that's just asinine.Maybe he offered a 4th and then a 3rd but not both at the same time no

I like Rhodes because after his amazing 2010 season. He had the Darelle Revis effect in 2011 they were avoiding his side at all cost. And I highly doubt we offered a 3rd and 4th rounder that's just asinine.

I haven't seen it confirmed, I would actually have thought the Cowboys would have taken that if we did but I will be ticked if we did and my faith in Grigsons abilities as GM will go down quite a bit, not to mention making that kind of trade would likely set us back another year at least

I like Rhodes because after his amazing 2010 season. He had the Darelle Revis effect in 2011 they were avoiding his side at all cost. And I highly doubt we offered a 3rd and 4th rounder that's just asinine.Maybe he offered a 4th and then a 3rd but not both at the same time no

Totally with you bro. Rhodes is a beast.

I haven't seen it confirmed, I would actually have thought the Cowboys would have taken that if we did but I will be ticked if we did and my faith in Grigsons abilities as GM will go down quite a bit, not to mention making that kind of trade would likely set us back another year at least

I would send Antonio Johnson and Kevin Thomas and a 6th rounder for Mike Jenkins and their 6th rounder but thats just me..I'm not too fond of trading just draft pick for him since we already lost our 5th rounder for TY Hilton

I would send Antonio Johnson and Kevin Thomas and a 6th rounder for Mike Jenkins and their 6th rounder but thats just me..I'm not too fond of trading just draft pick for him since we already lost our 5th rounder for TY Hilton

Well, Cowboys would never accept that crappy trade.