Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Best QB in the Nfl

indynorth

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on last season, I'd have to say Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Eli. And then a dropoff. Those are the top four, by a long shot.

Based on entire body of work, I'd go Peyton, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Eli. Then there's a small gap, and you have Rivers and Roethlisberger.

JMO. Not gospel.

It's Rodgers.

28 years old, MVP last year, SB MVP the year before, a threat scrambling as well as throwing. Carried a team with a shaky run game and the last ranked defense last season.

If he stays healthy he is going to keep beasting. He is in his prime.

It's Rodgers.

28 years old, MVP last year, SB MVP the year before, a threat scrambling as well as throwing. Carried a team with a shaky run game and the last ranked defense last season.

If he stays healthy he is going to keep beasting. He is in his prime.

Lots and lots of this.

To add, also plays in arguably the worst conditions....Has 1100+rushing yards and 16TDs....

It's Rodgers, now and going forward.

If Peyton is healthy, he is still king of the mountain..

I think it's unfair that he's seemingly lost all credibility as a current top-QB with so many folks. How quickly they forget. I know there's some question surrounding his recovery, but to a reasonable person, this is much ado about nothing.

My Vote: Peyton 'freakin' Manning

Followed by Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Eli .....the usual suspects.

I fail to see, how after last year, Jay Cutler does not get mentioned in the elite status. That guy carried the Bears last year. Sure they have a pretty good defense, but it isn't the Bears of old. Their Oline rivals the worst in the league, and the guy has no actual threats to throw the ball to. Before he got hurt and they were what, 3rd in the conference behind the undefeated Packers and the 49ers who lost 2 games all year? Once he's gone they can't even muster a win if I'm not mistaken. His value was truly shown, much like Peyton's, when he was no longer playing.

The fact that people put Ben Roethlesberger in elite status, when his team can go 3-1 without him with Dennis Dixon, yet leave Cutler off their lists, I just don't get it. Give him a decent Oline and 17 Wide Receivers like they have in Green Bay, and I would not be afraid to take a bet saying he puts up Rodgers-like numbers and Rodgers-like wins. Heck, Matt Flynn comes in to that offense and breaks records on his first outing.

.....and all this is coming from a guy that hated Cutler prior to last year.

1: Rodgers - Can do it with his feet or his arm, and is looking smarter every year IMO.

2: Older Manning - Brains, accuracy and what have you .. Looking forward to seeing how he's recovering from his surgeries.

3: Brady - Mad respect for what he has done, but he's also getting older ... Has not lost his edge though!

4: Brees - Accuracy at its highest level with this guy - and a creative playcalling to help him out! We'll see how he does without his coach this year ..

5: "Younger" Manning - Personally, I don't like him - but I respect his football-skills.

After that I have Rivers, Roethlisberger, Ryan, Romo and Vick, all in the same group, with no apparent leader of them ..

Flacco, Freeman and Stafford are the next "group" of guys in my mind, and then the rest of the scrubs, with Sanchez and Cutler leading those guys ..

As much as I want to see Peyton return to form quickly, i expect him to contend with rust early in the season, so his overall rating should be lower in my mind. By season end, I think he'll be playing as well as anyone in the league.

I'm also inclined to bump Brees down for all the distractions he has to deal with right now, and I think Eli proved something to himself down the stretch last year, and is about to come into his own.

I have QBs ranked as follows (for the moment anyway)...

1. Rodgers

2. Brady

3. Stafford

4. E. Manning

5. Brees

6. Rivers

7. P. Manning

8. Newton

9. Cutler

10. Ryan

I'm surprised at all the love Roethlisberger is getting. I personally think he is very overrated and I can name 10 QBs I'd rather have over him:

-Peyton

-Brady

-Brees

-Rodgers

-Eli

-Rivers

-Cam Newton

-Stafford

-Matt Ryan

-Vick

-I wouldn't even be too upset to have Bradford or Cutler over Roethlisberger

I'm surprised at all the love Roethlisberger is getting. I personally think he is very overrated and I can name 10 QBs I'd rather have over him:

-Peyton

-Brady

-Brees

-Rodgers

-Eli

-Rivers

-Cam Newton

-Stafford

-Matt Ryan

-Vick

I would take at least half the starters in the league over Roethlisberger....and probably a few backups too.

-Peyton

-Brady

-Brees

-Rodgers

-Eli

-Rivers

-Cam Newton

-Stafford

-Matt Ryan

-Vick

I'd put him above Ryan and Vick. I don't see everyone's big facination with Ryan and Vick might have been a one year phenom. I'd also put Ben about Cam Newton for now. One year not enough to judge.

Plus, didn't I read that Flacco is the best QB in the league?

Thats basically how you could describe Peyton back in his prime besides the bold part.

Love your avatar btw. I read all the books. really good.

Based on last season, I'd have to say Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Eli. And then a dropoff. Those are the top four, by a long shot.

I couldn't agree more. Some other QBs can put up the stats, but not enough other QBs have that clutch-king feel that these guys do. I feel like these are the guys that pretty much everyone agrees are 'elite' status. Bring up any other great QB and there might be some debate. (And I exclude Peyton due to uncertain post-surgeries performance)

Thats basically how you could describe Peyton back in his prime besides the bold part.

Love your avatar btw. I read all the books. really good.

The Hunger Game books are AWESOME. I could not put them down when I read them.

Yeah, sometimes Rodgers and company remind me of the old Colts offense. So much fun to watch. I think Jeff is going to have a blast with those guys.

I would have to say:

Peyton

Brees

Rodgers

Brady

Eli

He's not in the Elite status, but I would have to give a heck of a lot credit to Jay Cutler. He's really not as bad as a lot of people put him out to be. I would say Cutler and Ben R. is above average for QB's. I think Alex Smith from the 49ers is a pretty decent QB. Along with Flacco.

I'd have to see more than one season of Cam Newton's play before even thinking about putting him the same categories as some of these QB's.

-Peyton

-Brady

-Brees

-Rodgers

-Eli

-Rivers

-Cam Newton

-Stafford

-Matt Ryan

-Vick

Bolded on your list I would take over Big Ben. Rivers sucked last year though but I have a feeling he rebounds this year. Cutler you have an argument for but I really can't stand that guy.

Am I the only one who thinks Matt Ryan is CRAZY overrated right now? Maybe next year he can put up 3 points in the playoffs if he makes it.

I fail to see, how after last year, Jay Cutler does not get mentioned in the elite status. That guy carried the Bears last year. Sure they have a pretty good defense, but it isn't the Bears of old. Their Oline rivals the worst in the league, and the guy has no actual threats to throw the ball to. Before he got hurt and they were what, 3rd in the conference behind the undefeated Packers and the 49ers who lost 2 games all year? Once he's gone they can't even muster a win if I'm not mistaken. His value was truly shown, much like Peyton's, when he was no longer playing.

The fact that people put Ben Roethlesberger in elite status, when his team can go 3-1 without him with Dennis Dixon, yet leave Cutler off their lists, I just don't get it. Give him a decent Oline and 17 Wide Receivers like they have in Green Bay, and I would not be afraid to take a bet saying he puts up Rodgers-like numbers and Rodgers-like wins. Heck, Matt Flynn comes in to that offense and breaks records on his first outing.

.....and all this is coming from a guy that hated Cutler prior to last year.

Cutler wasn't there when the team needed him.

Yeah last year he got hurt and the Bears went into the dumper but the year before when he was "hurt" in the playoff game then days later was shopping and walking stairs tells me he won't commit. He's a quitter and will never be a top flight QB playing like that.