Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Best QB in the Nfl

indynorth

This is unbelieveably ignorant. Roethlisberer is undoubtly a top QB in this league not anywhere close to the bottom half. Outside of Rodgers(number 1), Brady, Brees, both Mannings I can't see an argument for anyone else. Easily one of the more underrated people in the league.

I do not get all the Big Ben hate. I think a lot of people let their views of him as a person cloud their view of him as a player. To say you would take backups before Big Ben is just utter nonsense. He has done a very good job in Pitt with a horrendous offensive line and an inconsistent running game. His play maybe ugly, but he makes plays when it counts and that is sure as heck more than you can say about guys like Flaaco, Romo, or Ryan.

1A Rodgers

1B Brady

3 Brees

4 E. Manning

5 Big Ben

6 Rivers

Guys like Romo, Flaaco, Ryan, Stafford and Cutler are going to round out the bottom four or five QBs in some order.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

false cutler didn't carry the bears last year . That honor belongs to Matt forte who was 59% of the bears offense last year . Cutler is nothing without forte .

Is that why the Bears sucked immediately after Cutler went down?

Yes, Matt Forte was a significant portion of the Bears offense last season; But, when Cutler was out of the starting lineup the wheels fell off that franchise even before Forte got injured. All NFL QB's need a solid running game to run out the clock. It really ticks me off when people dismiss Cutler's contributions to this team & they always neglect to mention that Chicago under his tenure has never had a #1 wide receiver either.

Devon Hester isn't the answer here, but Brandon Marshal will be. Put Hester back on punt returns & keep him there permanently please. Hester will never be exceptional or even adequate wide receiver material, but he is a master on special teams no question about it IMO.

Yes, Matt Forte was a significant portion of the Bears offense last season; But, when Cutler was out of the starting lineup the wheels fell off that franchise even before Forte got injured. All NFL QB's need a solid running game to run out the clock. It really ticks me off when people dismiss Cutler's contributions to this team & they always neglect to mention that Chicago under his tenure has never had a #1 wide receiver either.

Devon Hester isn't the answer here, but Brandon Marshal will be. Put Hester back on punt returns & keep him there permanently please. Hester will never be exceptional or even adequate wide receiver material, but he is a master on special teams no question about it IMO.

You are so right my freind,the Bears will be a force if they protect the QB ,just a little better than in the past

I also have similar problems with the way Flacco is treated. People seem to forget that the only reason the Ravens were in place to draft him is because McNair/his back-ups stunk it up and the Ravens had a 5-11 record the year before they drafted Flacco.

People act as though there are only two levels of qbs, the Mannings of the world and the Leafs. The above average guys like Flacco and Cutler, seem to be downgraded to the level of busts

i love that Eli was a laughing stock last year for answering yes (actually, "umm....yeah) when asked if he was a top 5 QB, but now he is routinely on nearly everyone's list.

I guess you could say he backed it up. Let's see if Flacco can back it up. I don't have anything against Flacco and would like to see him do well. But I already have 2 AFC teams to root for so the Ravens aren't on my list.

I guess you could say he backed it up. Let's see if Flacco can back it up. I don't have anything against Flacco and would like to see him do well. But I already have 2 AFC teams to root for so the Ravens aren't on my list.

to a degree yes, but then again the team went 9-7 and 3 of those wins were against the "never can win in December" Romo lead Cowboys and the imploding J-E-T-S . . . if those three games are played pre Thanksgiving, the Gmen may not even be in the playoffs . . . just saying . . .

• 2 weeks later...

Aaron Rogers and Drew Brees by a landslide. For a young quarterback, Cam Newton is advancing quite nicely.

Peyton had been slipping some, even before his multiple surgeries... before that, he would have been my pick. One of the hardest working quarterbacks in the league, and it showed up on the field.