Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Stanford WR Griff Whalen Agree's To Terms With Colts

Restored

Gee, I hope we sign 37 more WR's. Good God, are we trying to field an entire team of WR's?

Have you seen the UDFA thread? ha ha but wait. . . .there's more! Although I thought the draft was awesome. I like the fact that we are putting people around him that he is familiar with, don't know if he will make the team though with the all the WR talent.

we went from expansion team down a peg to a Pac 12 team.

Well I think that PAC 12 team coulda beat us last year so its an improvement. This doesn't even mean he's gonna make the roster. Heck someone on here posted we have 18 spots for UDFA why not bring in what you can, we have seen first hand what a great QB can do when it comes to making the players around him better.

Whalen could work out great as a #4/#5 WR. I like the addition of Avery and Hilton, but I doubt Avery will last more than half the season before getting injured. While he isn't the greatest deep-threat WR, he's got great similarities to Wes Welker in that he has great route running ability, and makes sharp bursts in and out of his cuts.

I am very pleased with this signing. We really went with the little guys @ WR, despite many calls by fans to procure the prototypical big receiver. I thought Whalen stuck out at the Stanford pro-day, at which our entire contingent of evaluation staff was in attendance.

He probably won't make the team but he has good chemistry with Luck so I could see why we signed him. At best he can be Blair White's replacement.

He reminds me of Doug Baldwin, also a Stanford grad. He had a solid year with the seahawks last year

He had 56 catches for 749 yards and 4 TDs this year. His first full year as a starter. Pretty good considering all the 2 and 3 TE sets they had, not to mention Stanford is run-heavy. All the Stanford games I saw Whalen would stand out the most to me. Hes another Collie thats fights after the catch. Heck I bet hes better than Brazill..

Lucks college go to reciever. Reminds me of Austin Collie.

the Indianapolis Colts under Andrew Luck will resmble the Indianapolis Colts under Peyton Manning.

Only Luck will have a deeper reciveing corps.

We drafted the top-rated passer in a generation.

OF COURSE..we are going to surround him with all types of receivers

We are going to use 3 WR sets......We are an indoor air force team.

We are clearly going to emnbrace that again..

It worked for us for a long time...

You will like it.

Not if we get the same results. No I won't like it. I don't enjoy making the playoffs every yr. just to be knocked out in the 1st rd. most of the time. However, Im still holding out hope that with the new defensive scheme that they can be a good defense even with the current players we have. With good coaching, maybe they can be somewhat serviceable anyway instead of the crap we've all grown accustomed too.

Not if we get the same results. No I won't like it. I don't enjoy making the playoffs every yr. just to be knocked out in the 1st rd. most of the time. However, Im still holding out hope that with the new defensive scheme that they can be a good defense even with the current players we have. With good coaching, maybe they can be somewhat serviceable anyway instead of the crap we've all grown accustomed too.

We just disagree there

I DO enjoy making the playofs evet year..even if we dont win the Super Bowl every year

there's no guarantee that if we make the playoff in every year (starting in lets say 2013) that we will be knocked out

In Baltimore..they wonder why they've only won one.

In Chicago..they wonder whey they've only won 1

In NOLA, they wonder why they've only won one.

In New England..they wonder why they havent won in six years

You build a perennial playoff team and then you roll the dice..

But you have to build a team to win YOUR division...and that's why we lean on the pass pass ...it suits us

We just disagree there

I DO enjoy making the playofs evet year..even if we dont win the Super Bowl every year

there's no guarantee that if we make the playoff in every year (starting in lets say 2013) that we will be knocked out

In Baltimore..they wonder why they've only won one.

In Chicago..they wonder whey they've only won 1

In NOLA, they wonder why they've only won one.

In New England..they wonder why they havent won in six years

You build a perennial playoff team and then you roll the dice..

But you have to build a team to win YOUR division...and that's why we lean on the pass pass ...it suits us

I think you're living in the past(as far as the Colts are concerned). I absolutely do not have a problem with building a good offense, but there has to be some balance for the defense too. If we build a team around Luck like they did for Manning, we will be in the same old position the old Colts were always in. I understand why they drafted so much offense this yr. to make Luck feel more comfortable, but I think going forward, there will be a much bigger emphasis on defense.

He had 56 catches for 749 yards and 4 TDs this year. His first full year as a starter. Pretty good considering all the 2 and 3 TE sets they had, not to mention Stanford is run-heavy. All the Stanford games I saw Whalen would stand out the most to me. Hes another Collie thats fights after the catch. Heck I bet hes better than Brazill..

Really! I've been watching the numbers and play the game, it was growing inproductivity. Its height also likes: 6-1.

Maybe we can have him in the roster for the start of the season.

1 - Wayne

2 - Collie

3 - T.Y.

4 - Brazill

5 - Whalen

6 - Avery (difficulty in maintaining healthy)

We are going to use 3 WR sets......We are an indoor air force team.

We are clearly going to emnbrace that again..

It worked for us for a long time...

You will like it.

......indoor air force team, and all around one guy. guess we did'nt learn a darn thing about being one dimensional. and so what happens when luck goes down? do we rely on that vaunted colts rushing attack? hope that stanton is better than painter? assume the defense really can stop the run? pagano and arians had better come up with a more physical OL and actually try to run the ball. if not, another 2-14 just ahead.....