Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Stanford WR Griff Whalen Agree's To Terms With Colts

Restored

coach, my thought exactly. people complain about peyton and offensive takes in the draft.. colts did it again. why on earth are the colts grabbing only stanford offensive players for luck. bad move imo.

Luck was the top rated QB in the draft. Fleener was the top rated TE in the draft. It made sense to draft them, and as a bonus, they already have chemistry from playing together in college. As for Wahlen, it's highly unlikely that he will make the team.

The value that I see here is that Luck, Fleener, and Whalen can get their play books, study, train, and work out together at Stanford, running through the routes etc..

thanks for stating the obviuos about luck. as for fleener and whalen, why not go udfa or fa to surround luck with instead of wasting a pick on whalen. could have gone for an o lineman, cb, ect. and fleener was not the top rated te of the draft comintators had other te listed above fleener and this te group was rated one of the weakest ever. there were fa te that could have complemented luck more than fleener. just an observation.

thanks for stating the obviuos about luck. as for fleener and whalen, why not go udfa or fa to surround luck with instead of wasting a pick on whalen. could have gone for an o lineman, cb, ect. and fleener was not the top rated te of the draft comintators had other te listed above fleener and this te group was rated one of the weakest ever. there were fa te that could have complemented luck more than fleener. just an observation.

We didn't draft Whalen, he was picked up as an Undrafted Free Agent. It didn't cost us a pick. We added to the O-line for depth. I think it came down to a decision by the FO and their draft board when deciding on drafting receiver over DB's. The receivers graded higher than the remaining DB's.

im getting my fingers crossed, i ment fleener at 2. i saw better picks for the defense at 2. what have fans complained about for over 5 plus years.. lack luster defense. what did the colts do in the draft.. go draft o. with a weak of defense as the colts have, i would havereally thought the colts would have went d. dont get me wrong, i like fleener, but we also got allen who is a better blocking te than fleener with raw talant that is developing. fleener could be the next gronk or graham. i just want to see a solid d in indy.