Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024: Game #8, Colts @ Texans, October 27, 2024, 1 PM ET

NFLfan

Colts @Texans  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the Colts have an over-500 record (4-3), are you playing to win or to develop players?

• You play to win the game!
    • Play the young guys to develop them, even if that results in not making the playoffs.
    • Why not both? (Play young guys and play to win.)
  2. 2. JT is expected back today after being out with injury. Will he break 100 yards rushing?

3. 3. Who wins?

4. 4. Bonus Question: Would you like the Colts to be buyers or sellers before the trade deadline?

• Buyers -- we need to upgrade this team to make a playoff run
    • Sellers -- we need draft capital to continue to build this team
    • Neither -- I like this team as currently constituted.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/27/2024 at 06:14 PM

Just now, ADnum1 said:

How is the pick on steichen ?

AR was late throwing to the sideline

because it’s 3rd and 3 deep in your own territory in a 10-10 game with the ball coming out of halftime. We just took 3 points from them on a sack. RTDB. Gift wrapped them 7 points by putting your raw qb in a position to make a massive mistake. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

You’re the only one defending that throw. It’s obvious. He’s garbage and you’re wrong.

not defending the throw by any means, she’s not alone. Really bad playcalling management at the end of half. You do not put your qb in that position… what were we going to do with a completion there that we couldn’t have done with a qb draw or run? 

• Like 2

Both are to blame.

You know you're getting the ball back to start the 2nd half.  Just run out the clock and start the 2nd half with a score.  That's on Shane, not putting his rookie QB in a good situation..

In the shadow of your end zone you can't throw a risky pass.  That one is on AR.

Taylor needs the damn ball. How about getting him the ball in space?

need first downs and sustain a drive. Help the qb out. He is pressing now and Shane out at in a no win position. This need to stop so we can have a chance to win. 

1 minute ago, Zoltan said:

I don’t blame playcalling, it’s bad QBing. We know Steichen can call plays he did it last year and with Flacco. AR just is to inaccurate that and like the int, late on release the play doesn’t matter. 

It's play calling. If your qb is struggling. Then u run and try and get out of the half. Shane has been way to aggressive in those moments. He needs to show growth as a coach.

• Like 1

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

not defending the throw by any means, she’s not alone. Really bad playcalling management at the end of half. You do not put your qb in that position… what were we going to do with a completion there that we couldn’t have done with a qb draw or run? 

It was a bad throw. There is no arguing that.

1 minute ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I feel for AR... But why the rush to leave college?? 

I'm sure there are still plenty of younger QBs playing in college now..

Yep and given the way qb contracts work he will command a giant salary in two years unless we dump him. There are no five year training periods for qb’s and frankly I don’t think he is smart enough for it to matter. BUST.

2 minutes ago, TigerColt said:

Qb draw would have run out the clock. That play had no chance

shane need to learn situational awareness. SMH

It seems like a lot of the young offensive coaches do that. They seem averse to running the ball even when that is their strength and the situation calls for it.

I have tried to be supportive of AR and give coaching staff, Ballard the benefit of the doubt. However, it’s becoming clear to me that he way to raw to starting at QB at this stage in his career and have anything positive come out of it.

What Steichen and Ballard were thinking in declaring AR the starter instead of making him earn the job is beyond me.  Starting right away is not for everyone…sometimes certain guys are best developed sitting and working on things for 1-2 years.  

You aren’t winning anything when your QB is going 2/14.  This is obviously not an outlier but in line with other performances this year

that end of half sequence has to be so demoralizing for the defense.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bc Bob said:

Worst passer I have ever seen plus makes horrible decisions . I like Shane but Ballard should have been gone long ago. If not I’m sure we will draft some more defensive linemen.

Worst? That is hyperbole.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

That INT hurts badly.

I'm starting to question that AR is our future at QB.

He’s going to get the rest of this year and maybe next but he is flirting dangerously with bust.  Also what the heck is Shane doing?  You have your superstar running back who has run wild on the Texans in his career and your game plan is to make your struggling QB be a pocket passing QB and beat them throwing?  He’s clueless.  He keeps coaching this team to be the team he wants not the team he has.

• Like 1

Just now, IndyEV said:

At this rate, I’d be suprised if players like Buck, Moore, Pitt don’t demand a trade before the deadline and get out of dodge!

We’re 4-3, so they won’t. Could be 5-3. I get what you are saying. But, most of the good teams don’t have the cap space to take on a contract & we aren’t trading players if we have a shot at playoffs. 

Just now, HungarianColtsFan said:

That INT hurts badly.

I'm starting to question that AR is our future at QB.

I intend to be patient. The talent is there, the consistency isn’t. The kid is young. We ride or die with him. And if we die, he plays us into his replacement in a year or 2. It is what it is. 

Putting Flacco in traps us in NFL purgatory. Being mid in the NFL is like being the Bears the last 20 years. Always good, never great. Not great draft position. Just stuck… I would rather be a great team, or a terrible team with the draft capital to change the future. 

Like it or not, this is what it is… We need to be patient, settle in, and let the chips fall where they may…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, ADnum1 said:

How is the pick on steichen ?

AR was late throwing to the sideline

The kid really has not led consistent drives all game long so what makes Steichen think he was going to lead one to score from the 10 yard line? You gotta have a sense for how this guy is playing. Run the ball a few times and take it into the half. Adjust your strategy for the second half and come out running instead of throwing so much. He's not at the level yet to where we can be one sided with the pass. There needs to be a much better mix to help this guy out. We need to be running him and Taylor, some crossers, screens, short stuff and occasional deep shots. What we got going on now is crap!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

it was an unnecessary pass call too… They can both be fact, you do understand that right? But without the playcall, the bad throw doesn’t happen. That’s the argument.

The playcall wasn’t to throw it to the wrong team. Say what you want about the playcalling that was a terrible throw and terrible decision to throw.

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

Can’t just not go for points cuz your QB is garbage. 

30 seconds left deep in territory with momentum going into half. It’s a bad call my friend. We aren’t defending the throw. You just aren’t being agreeable that it was a bad call. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bestQBever said:

If the idea is that we don't care about the season and the priority is getting AR reps, then this is fine. If we are trying to win, Flacco needs to be the QB going forward this season

Yep, it’s not like this team is terrible with Flacco. Rebuilding is fine, but only if needed. Were the Jets smart to sign old man Rodgers? Only if they felt they wanted to rebuild but they wanted to win. So should we before our oline gets old.

1 minute ago, IndyEV said:

At this rate, I’d be suprised if players like Buck, Moore, Pitt don’t demand a trade before the deadline and get out of dodge!

Why? You have a winning record. Win this game and you are tied with Houston. You are losing by 1 TD with a whole half to go.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I feel for AR... But why the rush to leave college?? 

I'm sure there are still plenty of younger QBs playing in college now..

Because his camp knew there was a team willing to gamble on him early in the draft. Another year at college and his stock may have plummeted

• Like 2