Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts at Jags post game

GoColts8818

3 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

There is nothing a GM can do when half your starters then their backups are injured.

Yes he/she can .... it's called filling your needs... not being soo stubborn and unwilling to get and retained quality players...

yes there are injuries... all teams have them... the Colts have had more than most over the years... I believe it is tied to our field... I run camera for corporate events and I had a show a few years ado with sports and injuries.. we had Dr. Bennet Omula the Dr the movie Concussion was based in his findings... it that 4 day event I found out that there are either 4/7 different levels of astro turf... the Colts had the lowest.... I thought to myself ... how dumb it is for the Israys to Not have the best turf available because their players on playing on it... several players from other teams have said that the Colts turf was one of the hardest and worse in the league... I tie our higher than most teams injuries to the turf and was very glad to see they have a new one this. now time will tell if they upgraded or just get another lower level.

Ballard as I have said before ... focuses on RAS... that can be good but it is a hit or miss strategy and after 8 years we can see the results...

Stop making Excuses....

all teams have injuries...

it is about Coaching and scheme....

I believe based in what I have seen it Bradley Does Not Inspire the D... 

We Never seem to be Ready to play at the beginning of the year... 

Look at the Top organizations... Packers, Steelers, Chiefs, Ravens ...etc  they too have injuries and yet they continue to win and got to the playoffs...

Chiefs have 3 starting WR out and yet they are still undefeated...

Patriots under Belichick... 6 SB... and they had injuries, but yet are still considered one of the best ever...

Look at the Ravens... the Colts pack up in the middle of the night and come to Indianapolis... Baltimore rebuilds after a few years and without a Peyton they are always at the Top year after year and the D is always one of the best...

could it be management and how the run ??

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

AR has 5 tds vs 1 int last year.   Is that high production?

If you’re going to include rushing TDs (the thing that got him hurt by the way) then you have to include the two fumbles he had as well. So in totality, meh.

His first two seasons compared to ARs Stafford had more yards, higher QBR, and most importantly, showed significantly more progression as a passer. The two are not the same.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Fans need to reset their thinking. Let’s just watch AR develop and not have playoff expectations. Get some players back and see where we are at.

I hope the AR development thing (much like "delayed gratification") isn't a wild goose chase.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He is the number 4 overall pick.  Irsay was on board with that pick.  AR will be the qb for this year and the next 2 unless he can't play.  There is a reason an old vet is his backup.  They know they need insurance for AR.  But he is the future.....until he isn't

Find the post.  

Not sure what u want. There is no doubt that Irsay was on board. I loved the pick and want him so badly to succeed. One thing bout the NFL is that they discard players like no other league. For sure, Flacco was brought in as insurance. That being said. Do u really think this team is going to be content moving forward with a qb that whenever he gets hit, everyone gasps and wonders if he will get up? That's where it is at with  me with regards to AR. I have no confidence in his ability to stay healthy.  An organization cannot build on that uncertainty and be successful. This is not the  NHL and having 2 good goalies. U need stability at the qb position.  AR needs to learn the game and he cannot do that on the bench. Think about this. The rookie Daneils could end up playing more games in his 1st year than AR has in his career.  That could also happen way before game 17. What makes it even worse is this. There are other much  lighter dual threat qbs in the league. They are not getting injured any where near as much as AR. What does that tell u? He is either getting killed because his team cannot protect him. He is made of glass. He cannot protect himself. So far he is made of glass and he doesn't protect himself. I  think he can change the latter but we may have to accept that he is a 250 pound chandelier.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CS Coltsfan said:

Yes he/she can .... it's called filling your needs... not being soo stubborn and unwilling to get and retained quality players...

yes there are injuries... all teams have them... the Colts have had more than most over the years... I believe it is tied to our field... I run camera for corporate events and I had a show a few years ado with sports and injuries.. we had Dr. Bennet Omula the Dr the movie Concussion was based in his findings... it that 4 day event I found out that there are either 4/7 different levels of astro turf... the Colts had the lowest.... I thought to myself ... how dumb it is for the Israys to Not have the best turf available because their players on playing on it... several players from other teams have said that the Colts turf was one of the hardest and worse in the league... I tie our higher than most teams injuries to the turf and was very glad to see they have a new one this. now time will tell if they upgraded or just get another lower level.

Ballard as I have said before ... focuses on RAS... that can be good but it is a hit or miss strategy and after 8 years we can see the results...

Stop making Excuses....

Look at the Top organizations... Packers, Steelers, Chiefs, Ravens ...etc  they too have injuries and yet they continue to win and got to the playoffs...

Patriots under Belichick... 6 SB... and they had injuries, but yet are still considered one of the best ever...

Look at the Ravens... the Colts pack up in the middle of the night and come to Indianapolis... Baltimore rebuilds after a few years and without a Peyton they are always at the Top year after year and the D is always one of the best...

You do realize he did fill the needs on the dline? Half the ten dline are out.

14 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

I will say, I don't think it matters how talented our defense is because Bradley's scheme is easily exploited 

U maybe correct but this is not a talented defense. Lbs cannot cover and are light. Corners outright suck. Cross is blossoming but Blackmon is average at best. The Dline cannot pressure.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Fire Gus Bradley for the love of God.

That’s really all that needs to be said. If they don’t by next offseason this front office and coaching staff is incompetent and there is no accountability whatsoever. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, CS Coltsfan said:

Stop making Excuses....

We just put new turf in Lucas Oil this very offseason as well as at West 56th street

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

Yep, those two big pass plays AND the big run were the difference, IMO.  Those types of plays are generally a sign of Ss and LBer issues.  I thought JAX did a good job on the Kirk TD in the 1Q, confusing Flowers.  Can't say that any other of our CBs would have fared better.

The sad thing is our LBs are late round picks.  Haven't had a good one since Leonard and Okereke.  I did love that peanut punch by Jones today.  That was spectacular, even though he's not a LB.

1 hour ago, Lifetime Colt said:

Read all of the posts here, interesting stuff.

Understand the fire Gus stuff, but for who, all the pro and college coordinators are off the table as are the assistants. Gus works for Shane, who has to sit him down and give him this piece of advice: " if you don't like change, you are going to hate extinction".

For the Lawrence was sitting there all day crowd, it was brought up mid game he was releasing under 2.5 seconds. The Jags game planned for an off ball defense and quick passes, they were successful throwing 5-10 yard patterns and moving the chains.

The Pierce more, AD less comments, those plays Pierce had have to be play calls, more of them, to more targets.

Tacking, watched very closely every play, The LB's excluding Carlise, don't wrap much, Franklin in particular just lowers his shoulder and hopes his force ends a play, watch for yourself.

AR should tough it out and play.  The Oblique is a large muscle that connects near the hip and all the way up to the shoulder. Many MLB pitchers with Oblique strains, due to throwing motion, take months to get back in action. AR's injury, which seems to be just a bruise, effects all the way to his shoulder, same side that he hurt. The Medical staff know this, and will let him go when he is ready. 

After Fries injury watched Tucker as much as possible. He looked strong, stout, and was, from what I saw a brick wall! should be fine the rest of the year.

AD, tentative? Yes, was at Texas too after the catch. His skill is getting separation, and good hands with high point contested throws, not after the catch stuff, his scheme is hit him early, move the chains, or on double moves deep.

Good observations.  I stated Latu was nowhere to be seen.  But looking at it objectively, now it makes sense.  Hard to get to the QB when the release is under 2.5 seconds.  This may be a very unpopular opinion, but if the Hoodie wanted just coach some defense, I'd be all over that.  Probably would never happen, but he made a comment about making adjustments.  Our DC doesn't do that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Anyone.  someone who has a different approach/philosophy than Bradley. I mean, can it be much worse than it is now?

His position coaches have the same philosophy he has.  Pretty easy to figure the philosophy isn't going to change 

1 minute ago, ShuteAt168 said:

From Kevin Bowen: “Yes, the Colts came into Week 5 with some notable defensive line injuries. But it’s still a group starting two first rounders, a second rounder and a fourth rounder.” 

poor drafting by ballard

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ShuteAt168 said:

From Kevin Bowen: “Yes, the Colts came into Week 5 with some notable defensive line injuries. But it’s still a group starting two first rounders, a second rounder and a fourth rounder.” 

I disagree with Kevin on this. Not to mention Moore also being out. Who are these two first rounders. Latu is the only one i can think of. And who is the fourth rounder?

24 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

Good observations.  I stated Latu was nowhere to be seen.  But looking at it objectively, now it makes sense.  Hard to get to the QB when the release is under 2.5 seconds.  This may be a very unpopular opinion, but if the Hoodie wanted just coach some defense, I'd be all over that.  Probably would never happen, but he made a comment about making adjustments.  Our DC doesn't do that.

there were several times that trevor had all day to throw with zero pressure, 

Jaguars QB Trevor Lawrence was pressured just once on his 34 dropbacks. That 2.9% pressure rate was the lowest in a game in his career, per ESPN Research. The two lowest pressure rates in his career have come against Indianapolis (pressured on 10% of dropbacks in Week 2 in 2022).

Colts currently rank: -- 31st in % of drives ending in punts (23.6%). -- 32nd in 3-and-out% (18.2%) -- 32nd in yards surrendered per drive (37.7)

Can you say historically BAD?

Every week it seems a player is having a career day. Even in the win last week , Feilds had a career day. It's getting to the point that the opponent doesn't have to dress a punter.

It's like groundhog day.

Can't win in Jax!

Can't win an opener!

AR, Kelly and JT hurt again!

0-2 in the division 5 weeks in!

Every week another player has a career high against us!

Decimated by injuries 5 weeks in( built in excuse)!

3 games out of first place 5 games in!

Below 500 record 5 weeks in!

and all we get from this organazation is "My Bad".

I wonder if we would keep our jobs if over half the time we didn't produce at our jobs and we just responded to questions with "My Bad".

Sound familiar!!!

After saying that, I still have hope and go into every Sunday not wanting to believe what my eyes tell me and what I already know and continue to root for this team.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

And put who in his place?   

Well if it is true and Gus basically runs the same plays. Wouldn't be off  in saying either me or u, lol. Could we do any worse? They are like last in every defensive statistics. Only way is up, lol.

• Like 1

I just hate dropping these division games. Haven't won any of them yet. Hopefully we can pull out Tennessee. How long till Buckner gets back. And where was Isaiah Land today? Did he play?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I disagree with Kevin on this. Not to mention Moore also being out. Who are these two first rounders. Latu is the only one i can think of. And who is the fourth rounder?

Taven Bryan

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1959Colts said:

Taven Bryan

Taven Bryan

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

lol. If that is who Bowen meant that’s hillarious. I’m mean i knew he was a first rounder but he isn’t a great player.

But he is correct

Adetomiwa Adebawore fourth round.

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Not sure what u want. There is no doubt that Irsay was on board. I loved the pick and want him so badly to succeed. One thing bout the NFL is that they discard players like no other league. For sure, Flacco was brought in as insurance. That being said. Do u really think this team is going to be content moving forward with a qb that whenever he gets hit, everyone gasps and wonders if he will get up? That's where it is at with  me with regards to AR. I have no confidence in his ability to stay healthy.  An organization cannot build on that uncertainty and be successful. This is not the  NHL and having 2 good goalies. U need stability at the qb position.  AR needs to learn the game and he cannot do that on the bench. Think about this. The rookie Daneils could end up playing more games in his 1st year than AR has in his career.  That could also happen way before game 17. What makes it even worse is this. There are other much  lighter dual threat qbs in the league. They are not getting injured any where near as much as AR. What does that tell u? He is either getting killed because his team cannot protect him. He is made of glass. He cannot protect himself. So far he is made of glass and he doesn't protect himself. I  think he can change the latter but we may have to accept that he is a 250 pound chandelier.

He’s big, strong, fast…but, not an NFL-level QB, IMO.  He lacks something…the ability to take hits and play through the discomfort?

Ballard and Bradley, the Killer B’s , are killing this team! Bradley’s “Legion of Boo” defense is so outdated! The injuries can be a factor, but I am done with people using that as an excuse!

These are professionals, they should be able to replace an injured player and atleast be competent at their jobs! Being out of position or missing an assignment or tackle the amount of times our players have been doing is completely inexcusable, and that falls on Ballard! Ballard is a fraud and this team will go nowhere until he is gone!

But he is correct

Adetomiwa Adebawore fourth round.

Just now, Dingus McGirt said:

He’s big, strong, fast…but, not an NFL-level QB, IMO.  He lacks something…the ability to take hits and play through the discomfort.

We really don't know about the "discomfort " issue.

In year one , there was nothing at all to point to that tendency . How can you say that he could have played today ? Maybe he wanted to play and was kept out by the staff. It's not like he gets hit and walks off the field. Fact of the matter is last week he went back in after that massive hit . Unless you have some inside information , there is nothing I have seen to make such a determination .

4 minutes ago, IndyEV said:

Ballard and Bradley, the Killer B’s , are killing this team! Bradley’s “Legion of Boo” defense is so outdated! The injuries can be a factor, but I am done with people using that as an excuse!

These are professionals, they should be able to replace an injured player and atleast be competent at their jobs! Being out of position or missing an assignment or tackle the amount of times our players have been doing is completely inexcusable, and that falls on Ballard! Ballard is a fraud and this team will go nowhere until he is gone!

Yea you are correct. But at some point when you’re scraping the bottom of the barrel luck is going to run out. Sometimes it is too many to overcome. Especially when it’s at one position.