Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts at Jags post game

GoColts8818

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Fire Gus Bradley for the love of God.

Agree 100 percent this is unacceptable to let a winless team do this to you...

Just now, JediXMan said:

Fire Gus.

Fire Gus and Chris Ballard.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• No difference between missing nonAllPro starters and their replacements
  • Backup Flacco runs for critical FD
  • Backup Flacco to AP at critical time
  • 34 pts with backup Flacco and backup RBs
  • Starter Blackmon gives up big plays
  • Cox needed to catch that
  • Hope Fries is okay.
  • Like 1

Just now, Zoltan said:

Offense did everything they had to, to win this game. If you said the Colts were gonna score 34 points, everyone would believe they would win the game. The defense was not prepared the play calling was questionable as usual and Lawrence picked apart the defense as usual. You can blame Steichen and Ballard for keeping Bradley for "continuity". The fact is you can't give 37 points to a team that is 0-4, and you can't blame injuries because the offense scored 34 points with injuries to critical positions.

No Excuses this loss is on Bradley and he should be given notice that this is his last year with the Colts.

Last game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Some of you are acting like babies. I am proud of this team it was even a game. Do some of you realize how many injuries on defense we had today. Then add no Taylor. Suck it up and be proud of them for making this a game.

Offense scored 34 points with injuries at critical positions, you can't blame injuries for the defensive performance

• Like 3

Just now, DougDew said:
  • No difference between missing nonAllPro starters and their replacements
  • Backup Flacco runs for critical FD
  • Backup Flacco to AP at critical time
  • 34 pts with Backup Flacco and backup RBs
  • Starter Blackmon gives up big plays
  • Hope Fries is okay.

Lmao. Anyone with eyeballs could tell this defense was not the same.

• Thanks 2

This D and its construction is on Ballard. His coach, scheme, and talent. Anyone who says differently has not been following the Colts the last 8 years. Steichen is a keeper and will only get better as an HC. Fire Ballard and Gus. Let Steichen bring in his own GM and a new DC and scheme. Like right now!!!

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Some of you are acting like babies. I am proud of this team it was even a game. 

You're proud we were in a game with an 0-4 team?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Some of you are acting like babies. I am proud of this team it was even a game. Do some of you realize how many injuries on defense we had today. Then add no Taylor. Suck it up and be proud of them for making this a game.

Chloe - you were doom and gloom and down on them the entire game.  Stop it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

This D and its construction is on Ballard. His coach, scheme, and talent. Anyone who says differently has not been following the Colts the last 8 years. Steichen is a keeper and will only get better as an HC. Fire Ballard and Gus. Let Steichen bring in his own GM and a new DC and scheme. Like right now!!!

There is nothing a GM can do when half your starters then their backups are injured.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Jags were missing 5 starters on defense but did just enough to win

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Lmao. Anyone with eyeballs could tell this defense was not the same.

I have unbiased eyes.  Blackmon gave up the big plays.  He's the starter. 

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

There is nothing a GM can do when half your starters then their backups are injured.

They are the same players.  That's what a "rotation D" gets you.  You are knowingly replacing starters with their backups as a matter of SOP.  Do you not get that?

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Yes and no.....

Our starters in the secondary should be backups. Ballard should've brought in some better players for secondary via FA.

Maybe he tried...we don't know. But it doesn't seem like.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Fire Gus Bradley for the love of God.

Cus Badly was extremely terrible, not that it's breaking news or anything. If you are not getting to Lawrence with your front four, you might want to blitz or something. The coaching was terrible today for the Colts, and that's an understatement. 

The only time M.O.Cox can catch a pass is when he is falling down or is the unintended target. Hit his hands in full stride and he muffs it. Why is he on this team?  once agian the Colts make their opponent look like a playoff team for a day. Beat the steelers last week, loose to a winless jags team this week. Doesn't matter who the players are. Count on it!

2 minutes ago, #12. said:

You're proud we were in a game with an 0-4 team?

I think after 8 years of ballard  fans are settling in a mediocrity mindset .  just being injured and keeping it close against one of the worst teams in the nfl is now considered a win .  

• Thanks 1

If a defense that is designed to not give up big plays keeps giving up big play after big play, you will never be a threat to achieve anything of significance. It's just unreal how much Ballard loves this ancient thing and all the people who practice it.

Don't know what else I can say... until something significant changes with our defense and we get closer to answering the question about our franchise QB with a positive... there really isn't much else that is worth talking about. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Quick takeaways

-This is the game that will cost Bradley his job

-This game officially puts Ballard on the hot seat

-To re-iterate what I said last week, Anthony needs to be the backup only. Flacco is the best QB on this team

-So much for Mitchell being an Alec Pierce replacement.

-Zero pass rush against a subpar offensive line

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I have unbiased eyes.  Blackmon gave up the big plays.  He's the starter. 

They are the same players.  That's what a "rotation D" gets you.  Otherwise you are knowingly replacing great players with their backups as a matter of SOP.  Do you not get that?

What do you think is going to happen when you can’t rotate. Your third and fourth string are not your starters for a reason.

You all tell me what happens with all these injuries 

Bradley clearly needs to go, along with Ballard. Ballard can’t build a team he has proven to be much more mediocre AT BEST and Bradley I mean his defense just always sucks it up and down the field…until those two pieces are changed this Colts organization is going nowhere in terms of winning and playoffs…

• Thanks 1

I'm surprised some of y'all are upset. I took this game as a lose as a given before the season started lmao. Far better Colts teams have lost to equally bad Jag teams in Duval in the last decade. At this point it's a L until they prove otherwise.

I said it in the game thread, but at the very least this gives the Jaguars some renewed confidence in T Law and I see that as a win in the long run lmao

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stitches said:

If a defense that is designed to not give up big plays keeps giving up big play after big play, you will never be a threat to achieve anything of significance. It's just unreal how much Ballard loves this ancient thing and all the people who practice it.

Don't know what else I can say... until something significant chances with our defense and we get closer to answering the question about our franchise QB with a positive... there really isn't much else that is worth talking about. 

Today was a bad example to bring up grievances with Bradley 

Gus Bradley needs to go. I'm sick and tired of the soft coverage. Quit blaming injuries for Gus playing 10 yards off a receiver on 3rd and 7. He did the same in 2022 and 2023 when we had better talent. 

• Like 5

What do you think is going to happen when you can’t rotate. Your third and fourth string are not your starters for a reason.

Don't rotate as much.  No, getting gassed was not the issue.