Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Texans post game reaction

GoColts8818

Bradley is the worse DC in the league. Why the heck you sending pressure on 3rd and 17. Let them have the short pass.

Ballard is just as bad. We like our guys. It doesn’t matter how good the pass rush is if all the QB has to do is run around for two seconds and toss to a open guy.

What is the point of watching this team. With Ballard and Bradley we will always compete but will never contend for anything.

• Like 7

I was surprised by the decision not to go for a two-point conversion after the last two touchdowns. Could have been a tied game. Additionally, calling a timeout with only nine seconds left before the two-minute warning seemed questionable as it only saved 9 seconds. I love Steichen but I kinda question those two situations 

• Like 2

The DBs were pretty bad today but the LBs had an absolutely horrific game in particular. Nick Cross saved them from looking even worse in the run game then they already were. Speed and Franklins whole strength is in the run game so if THATS gone, oh boy this season won't be fun.

I'm not sure how Ballard nor other Colts fans thought a DE was the right choice in the first round. We need DB and I guess LB talent in spades.

Happy from what I saw from AR. For all intents and purposes, and especially given that he's still the youngest starting QB in the NFL, he's still a rookie. I expect simple mistakes after not playing for a year, but he's special enough to keep a team in any game with just a few plays. I hope we see he progress this season on the things he struggles in.

• Thanks 1

Same problem as last year, offense scores enough points to win for most teams, defense falls apart. Now I would say the defensive line actually looked great they were getting penetration and alot of pressure. I think this game showed that our LBs are overrated Franklin and Speed weren't meeting the RB in the hole. Lastly I have been vocal against Gus Bradley and I still think he is not a good play caller, he gets to stubborn. He should be embarrassed how the Texans ran through his defense and once again he didn't make any adjustments!!!

I also owe Alec Pierce an apology lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Zoltan said:

Same problem as last year, offense scores enough points to win for most teams, defense falls apart. Now I would say the defensive line actually looked great they were getting penetration and alot of pressure. I think this game showed that our LBs are overrated Franklin and Speed weren't meeting the RB in the hole. Lastly I have been vocal against Gus Bradley and I still think he is not a good play caller, he gets to stubborn. He should be embarrassed how the Texans ran through his defense and once again he didn't make any adjustments!!!

Hard for the linebackers to do anything when the DTs are a non factor in run defense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mixon is what JT was supposed to be, but wasn't. 

Gus continually playing 5-10 yards off man is beyond infuriating 

For all the money invested in the this O-line, how they were this bad is insane. 

Pierce being a bust talk is laughable!  

AR inconsistency is REAL. Buckle up, it's going to be bumpy lol 

Safeties had to make waaay too many tackles (spec Cross )

That blocked punt was fantastic! 

Reeeaaaalllllly wish AR would've made that WIDE OPEN Mitchell pass for a TD.

Those refs were TRASH 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, colts89 said:

The DBs were pretty bad today but the LBs had an absolutely horrific game in particular. Nick Cross saved them from looking even worse in the run game then they already were. Speed and Franklins whole strength is in the run game so if THATS gone, oh boy this season won't be fun.

They are overrated

Just now, JediXMan said:

What sucks is that AR outplayed CJ but had much less help.

I won’t say that.  AR hit some big throws but also missed a wide open TD three times including on drive that ended in the games only turnover and kept points off the board when the Colts were inside the 20 and they lost by 2.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I thought the pass rush was good, but that was also the only thing good about the defense.

• Jones had a terrible game. Exposed over and over.
  • Cross got exposed too in coverage.
  • Overall coverage was still terrible like last season.
  • So, Ballard doubles (triples?) down on run defense and this is what we got for it?!

The offense was shaky. I guessed the Texans would play the run and they did.

• AR threw some dimes and some turds.
  • Mostly disappointed with the Oline - they got handled in the run game all day.
  • I thought Steichen was pretty stale with the playcalling overall. JT up the gut when it isn't working is something he needs to figure out a solution for.
  • Pierce had a great game!
  • Dulin poked his head in as well.
  • Like 2

What kind of run defense was that. It looked like the preseason but with our starters. They looked like they were in high school.

3 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

WR were pitiful today along with the D. 

I put that on Steichen. He gave Richardson no easy throws. That was one of the worse offensive game plans I have seen.

Key of the game was that we couldn't stop their run game. Mixon and Diggs proof that you can improve via free agency, hello Mr. Ballard. Saw some good things and some bad. AR will be an up and down the whole season as he is practicall a rookie, I don't blame him a bit. But I blame Ballard for simply not addressing the secondary like a stubborn child. Had two times where momentum was on our side but wasted it. 

• Like 6

Just now, lollygagger8 said:

Some of those continued runs up the middle play calling by Steichen looked like ol' Frank Reich stole his playbook and was calling the game....smh 

I agree. However, it’s because they are RPO’s not designed run only plays. 

Mixon was KILLING us on outside pitches & runs. Insane. Will be interesting to see how they play against Josh Jacob’s next week 

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Hard for the linebackers to do anything when the DTs are a non factor in run defense.

I disagree they were a nonreactor. they had there tackles for loss and 10 solo tackles. It was the LBs our only saving grace was our safeties who both led the team with 18 solo tackles and 27 total tackles you compare that to our two starting LBs they had 12 solo and 18 total tackles. I've said this for awhile now Speed and Franklin are overrated.

• Thanks 1