Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have the 15th pick in the draft. (MERGE)

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

Wow. Maybe I just got used to it... 

Yah... well... you probably caught it on one of its last days on my profile. I usually put "my guy" in the draft as a profile pick during draft season and then change it to my favorite Colts pick after the draft. I guess the hope is still alive that I keep it for a while? :P 

• Like 3

There're a couple of things that seems off about this to me.

1) The Colts moving up in the 1st.

2) Moving up for a CB after Ballard just spent the pre-draft presser complementing the CB group.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

2) Moving up for a CB after Ballard just spent the pre-draft presser complementing the CB group.

Yeah... I don't buy it... BUT... if there is someone you might have to take seriously about something like that... it's Jeremiah. Remember how he absolutely killed that last mock with predicting the exact trade and exact picks for the Texans? Lets see if he has similarly good sources on the Colts... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Yeah... I don't buy it... BUT... if there is someone you might have to take seriously about something like that... it's Jeremiah. Remember how he absolutely killed that last mock with predicting the exact trade and exact picks for the Texans? Lets see if he has similarly good sources on the Colts... 

I have no idea how it will all shake out, but I have my popcorn ready.

• Like 2

Man I feel real strong about Brian Thomas jr. I think it's on and cracking if we get him. His game is just consistent and he is such a hard cover. I like him being paired with Pittman. I really do!

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, krunk said:

Man I feel real strong about Brian Thomas jr. I think it's on and cracking if we get him. His game is just consistent and he is such a hard cover. I like him being paired with Pittman. I really do!

I'm  trying not to fall in love with one particular  player as Ballard may not pick them

23 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I'm  trying not to fall in love with one particular  player as Ballard may not pick them

I look at all of them but I highlight the ones I feel strongest about from time to time. Thomas is up there for me and may be there when we pick. Of course we have no control over the selection as fans

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, krunk said:

I look at all of them but I highlight the ones I feel strongest about from time to time. Thomas is up there for me and may be there when we pick. Of course we have no control over the selection as fans

I agree thomas is one of of my favorites  along with Worthy for speed reasons. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, krunk said:

What do you like most about him? Personally, I liked him less the more I watched film. I see his comp as if DK Metcalf didn't attack the ball. I think he'll be good, but highly limited coming out.

I'd like to know if I need to go back and reevaluate.

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

“Blackmon better than Hooker.”

“The exact same injury.”

”picked off bad quarterbacks for a while.”

Wow!   Wow!   And wow!

After a few days away you’re back with a bang!    Those are eye popping and jaw dropping viewpoints.      :omg:

Just my opinion.

What do you mean back with a bang?  PFF rated Hooker 77.3 and Blackmon 68.3 in 2023.   Not a huge difference for a pick 15 and a pick 78? who had "injuries limiting their once all pro careers".  LOL.  But they did not play exactly the same roles.  Hooker was ranked poorly in terms of most stats, while Blackmon pretty average.   Example: Hooker was targeted only 10 times while allowing 8 receptions (ranked 90th).  Blackmon was targeted 44 times allowing 31 receptions (ranked 18th)  There are nuances with the stats though.  Hooker had only 31 tackles for a 75th ranking while Blackmon had 72 tackles for a 17th ranking.  Obviously, Hooker was asked to play FS like a goal keeper on a soccer team, which is about all he could ever do, while Blackmon probably had more different responsibilities.  JMO.

DeJean at 22 or later plus a 3rd round pick would give us probably a better all around FS/SS than either while picking up another player from a trade down.  Not that I'm advocating it.  Just one plausible event in a sea of fantasy drafting.

Brian Thomas or Chop Robinson at 22 would be nice too, IMO. Or even a RT.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, DattMavis said:

What do you like most about him? Personally, I liked him less the more I watched film. I see his comp as if DK Metcalf didn't attack the ball. I think he'll be good, but highly limited coming out.

I'd like to know if I need to go back and reevaluate.

Of course the speed is real unique in terms of him always being a top level separator. What I also like for him to be such a big dude is his feet. He's actually pretty nimble after the catch in small spaces.  I thought he just played on the outside but I've seen LSU play him from the inside as well. Also see them throw him quick hitter, screen type passes that he makes extra yards out of. I think he has very good hands and he is good with his routes. I didn't dwell much on attacking the football because that can be taught if it's an issue. I've seen some say he doesn't always go all out every time but no prospect is perfect in college. If I had things to fix I don't see big holes in his game. Just few things I like but not exhaustive

5 hours ago, Solid84 said:

5 hours ago, stitches said:

I think Zach Hicks said it best, well, he could've cleaned it up a little bit 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Dobbinblitz said:

FWIW, Albert Breer reported that he is also hearing Buzz about the Colts moving up in the draft for an Offensive Skill Position Player. If so “Striking Distance” for the  Colts is likely #9  the Chicago pick.

Worth remembering it is lying season.

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Worth remembering is lying season.

Yep and  after last year I don't  believe  any of the pundits. Whoever we draft will probably  have  high ras score

17 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Colts are clearly trading out first round lol

chuckling homer simpson GIF- I have him trading down on a year where this is a perfect year to trade up and get a generational WR. This is the best WR class I have seen in years. = Marv, Nabors, Rome, Thomas, even Bowers who is a TE but like Dallas Clark.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Solid84 said:

I have said that if the Colts trade up it would be for Mitchell and not wr.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Worth remembering it is lying season.

Absolutely driven by agents. That is the one trade up I could live with. This team needs a legit man corner to make this D more diverse. I still say based on Ballard's comments, he is going to stock the D for Gus and give him a chance.

23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

chuckling homer simpson GIF- I have him trading down on a year where this is a perfect year to trade up and get a generational WR. This is the best WR class I have seen in years. = Marv, Nabors, Rome, Thomas, even Bowers who is a TE but like Dallas Clark.

At 15 I see BTJ or AD Mitchell being available.  I don't see Ballard trading up.

Verse is a possibility too.  Q Mitchell as well.

So I think that is your "cluster" of players at 15.

22 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

At 15 I see BTJ or AD Mitchell being available.  I don't see Ballard trading up.

Verse is a possibility too.  Q Mitchell as well.

So I think that is your "cluster" of players at 15.

Problem is I would prefer the other WR's over Thomas, I just threw him in there to show how talented this WR class is. My guess is the other WR's I mentioned will be gone and I bet money the Jets takes Bowers at 10.

For me this is the year to move up in the draft.  Why use all seven picks in the draft.  They will not all make the roster.  Why waive them at cutdown day.  Just move up and get better prospects.  You could move up more than once possibly.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Problem is I would prefer the other WR's over Thomas, I just threw him in there to show how talented this WR class is. My guess is the other WR's I mentioned will be gone and I bet money the Jets takes Bowers at 10.

Ok for the Colts "Cluster" at 15.  Ballard will stay put at 15

WR

BTJ

AD Mitchell

CB/Safety

Arnold

Q Mitchell

Dejean

Edge

Verse

Latu

Chop Robinson

One of these guys will be a Colt tomorrow night.

• Like 2

Just now, PRnum1 said:

WR

BTJ

AD Mitchell

CB/Safety

Arnold

Q Mitchell

Dejean

Edge

Verse

Latu

Chop Robinson

I think Q Mitchell will be gone as well. Main reason I’m all for moving up this year. Imo the elite guys at each position will be gone by our selection. We’ll be picking from the 2nd tier of players. Hopefully we can get to #9 somehow. I’d rather have a higher end guy than what might be left. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

WR

BTJ

AD Mitchell

CB/Safety

Arnold

Q Mitchell

Dejean

Edge

Verse

Latu

Chop Robinson

If all these players are available then that would definitely give Ballard a reason to trade back a few spots.  Since he could still one of them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Absolutely driven by agents. That is the one trade up I could live with. This team needs a legit man corner to make this D more diverse. I still say based on Ballard's comments, he is going to stock the D for Gus and give him a chance.

Honest question, have we gotten any indication that they want to make the defensive playcalling more diverse?  In terms of incorporating more man coverage, that is.

9 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

I think Q Mitchell will be gone as well. Main reason I’m all for moving up this year. Imo the elite guys at each position will be gone by our selection. We’ll be picking from the 2nd tier of players. Hopefully we can get to #9 somehow. I’d rather have a higher end guy than what might be left. 

We'll have first shot at the second tier of players, IMO.  Good in one way, bad in other ways.   Unless there is one player being targeted at 15, trading down a few slots gets you the same level of player, IMO.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DougDew said:

We'll have first shot at the second tier of players, IMO.  Good in one way, bad in other ways.   Unless there is one player being targeted at 15, trading down a few slots gets you the same level of player, IMO.

I doubt one player from what they consider at second tier will be targeted over the others. I think the only way they stay at 15 is if someone from their top tier falls. Otherwise, I agree with you that trading down gets the same level player, and what I expect to happen. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jason_ said:

Honest question, have we gotten any indication that they want to make the defensive playcalling more diverse?  In terms of incorporating more man coverage, that is.

Some vague comments from Ballard in his end of season presser about mixing in coverages. So, not really.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Agreed. I’m starting to warmup to the idea of trading down in the first. Maybe even as far as 29 with lions. That should net us an extra 2nd. If we can’t get Q Mitchell, Bowers, Nabers, etc. The value says trade back. I hate it but in the end we honestly just have too many holes. Maybe one day we’ll be able to afford the luxury of trading up for a stud.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

WR

BTJ

AD Mitchell

CB/Safety

Arnold

Q Mitchell

Dejean

Edge

Verse

Latu

Chop Robinson

If he trades  down, I could see him getting Cooper and Arnold.

• Like 1

Draft is tomorrow. Any final guesses? BTJ is my final mock draft first pick, but I still think Bowers can fall to us. Hearing rumbling about Dallas Turner which is interesting because Paye and Dayo are going into the final year of their rookie contracts

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Once u get past a certain pick in the 1st the rest are 2ne rounders. Interesting that Lombardi has 12 1st rounders and Ballard had between 19-21

Historic Success Chart

The numbers show us the following outline for finding consistent starters:

1st Round - OL (83%) LB (70%) TE (67%) DB (64%) QB (63%) WR (58%) RB (58%) DL (58%)

2nd Round - OL (70%) LB (55%) TE (50%) WR (49%) DB (46%) QB (27%) DL (26%) RB (25%)

3rd Round - OL (40%) TE (39%) LB (34%) DL (27%) WR (25%) DB (24%) QB (17%) RB (16%)

4th Round - DL (37%) TE (33%) OL (29%) LB (16%) WR(12%) DB (11%) RB (11%) QB (8%)

5th Round - TE (32%) DB (17%) WR (16%) OL (16%) DL (13%) RB (9%) LB (4%) QB (0%)

6th Round - TE (26%) OL (16%) DL (13%) WR (9%) DB (8%) RB (6%) LB (5%) QB (0%)

7th Round - DB (11%) OL (9%) QB (6%) WR (5%) DL (3%) LB (2%) RB (0%) TE (0%)

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Draft is tomorrow. Any final guesses? BTJ is my final mock draft first pick, but I still think Bowers can fall to us. Hearing rumbling about Dallas Turner which is interesting because Paye and Dayo are going into the final year of their rookie contracts

between 8-10 new players is my prediction. I won’t dare to predict who. 

I like several receivers throughout, fond of cornerbacks like Melton and Hart outside of the obvious few at the top. Think we’ll land our longterm center that potentially pushes Kelly out following this season. 

cheers to a successful draft. 

2 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I have said that if the Colts trade up it would be for Mitchell and not wr.

Would be a stupid move to move up for a corner considering there’s aren’t any sure fire shut down corners in this draft. There’s no one who’s as good as prospect as Sauce Gardner and Patrick Surtain were. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

even with another injury, you think they are going to scrap AR and spend next years 1st on a new qb? I don’t… Ballard could be fired, but Steichen wouldn’t be, and a new gm isn’t going to rush it when they have a talented qb on roster. I think he’s going to get 3 years minimum, good chance of his entire rookie deal to show he is the future. Hope he holds up. 

No i never said they would go QB. Me personally id wait two more years if that happened and go for manning if he comes out that year..