Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts FA Updates and News ONLY

csmopar

Obviously Blackmon hasn’t received the money he thinks he is worth. My guess is that he was offered the most thus far with the colts and barring anything unusual I think he will come down to reality that what he was offered with this team was above fair compared to his other options. Hopefully that happens in the next week or two but before the draft.

6 hours ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Obviously Blackmon hasn’t received the money he thinks he is worth. My guess is that he was offered the most thus far with the colts and barring anything unusual I think he will come down to reality that what he was offered with this team was above fair compared to his other options. Hopefully that happens in the next week or two but before the draft.

Ballard said they were reengaging a week ago. I would think we will know this week.  Blackmon couldn’t have endeared himself to Ballard when he scrubbed his Colts social media stuff way back when.  Obviously Ballard is giving him another opportunity to sign.  So there still is a chance he will.  But Ballard will not wait forever.  He needs to address the safety room before the draft.  Hopefully his agent knows the market for safeties.  Blackmon is one of many still out there.  So it’s his move now.  The clock is ticking.

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

Ballard said they were reengaging a week ago. I would think we will know this week.  Blackmon couldn’t have endeared himself to Ballard when he scrubbed his Colts social media stuff way back when.  Obviously Ballard is giving him another opportunity to sign.  So there still is a chance he will.  But Ballard will not wait forever.  He needs to address the safety room before the draft.  Hopefully his agent knows the market for safeties.  Blackmon is one of many still out there.  So it’s his move now.  The clock is ticking.clock cuckoo GIF

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

Ballard said they were reengaging a week ago. I would think we will know this week.  Blackmon couldn’t have endeared himself to Ballard when he scrubbed his Colts social media stuff way back when.  Obviously Ballard is giving him another opportunity to sign.  So there still is a chance he will.  But Ballard will not wait forever.  He needs to address the safety room before the draft.  Hopefully his agent knows the market for safeties.  Blackmon is one of many still out there.  So it’s his move now.  The clock is ticking.

Why does he need to address the room before the draft? If the safety market hasn't moved much prior to the draft, why would he rush that? The more patience he has, the less he spends and the longer Blackmon waits, the less he makes, imo. I don't see the urgency that others do. We may end up with Cooper DeJean in the draft, and they might feel that he and a low cost vet is suitable. Who knows. 

25 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Why does he need to address the room before the draft? If the safety market hasn't moved much prior to the draft, why would he rush that? The more patience he has, the less he spends and the longer Blackmon waits, the less he makes, imo. I don't see the urgency that others do. We may end up with Cooper DeJean in the draft, and they might feel that he and a low cost vet is suitable. Who knows. 

Draft Q Mitchell, move Brents to safety. As of now Jones and Flowers compete for the other corner.

I like the idea of Brents and Cross on the backend, with a shutdown Mitchell on an edge. I think it can be the start of something very enjoyable.

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

Draft Q Mitchell, move Brents to safety. As of now Jones and Flowers compete for the other corner.

I like the idea of Brents and Cross on the backend, with a shutdown Mitchell on an edge. I think it can be the start of something very enjoyable.

I would rather hope, if drafting Mitchell, the FO would bring a vet in at safety and make Flowers/Jones compete for the 3rd spot (not factoring Moore at the nickel). Brents is a starting corner moving forward, I don’t see anyway around that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I would rather hope, if drafting Mitchell, the FO would bring a vet in at safety and make Flowers/Jones compete for the 3rd spot (not factoring Moore at the nickel). Brents is a starting corner moving forward, I don’t see anyway around that. 

OK, thank you. I really do appreciate your vision and football knowledge.

Surely Brents couldn't possibly be a better safety. 

We will see how his 4.5s speed holds up over a season.

I'm anticipating your vet to be a 1 year placeholder as we develop another young player. We are likely competing with Tenn.  this season to stay out of the division cellar and it's a must cap wise to stay inexpensive at safety for beyond 2024.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Do you honestly Ballard cares at all about what Blackmon did with his social media profile?

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

I'm anticipating your vet to be a 1 year placeholder as we develop another young player. We are likely competing with Tenn.  this season to stay out of the division cellar and it's a must cap wise to stay inexpensive at safety for beyond 2024.

surely Brents wasn’t drafted in the 2nd round as a corner, starting his rookie year at the position to be converted to a safety… But go on with your football knowledge for all of us to laugh at. 😂 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

We will see how his 4.5s speed holds up over a season

Ballard on Brents having a unique blend of size, length, and athleticism for the cornerback position: “There are not a lot of guys 6'3" playing corner in the league, but he is a really good athlete. He’s a really good fit for what we want to do because he’s a press corner. We do want to play a little more press coverage. We think he’s going to be really good at it. He’s got some unique traits. He’s a really good athlete and for a tall kid he can really change direction. We’re excited about it. We think he’s a really good fit for the defense.”

Sounds like a good safety for us… If only you were general manager for our beloved Colts. 

5 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Chris is definitely patient with his players. Even when it looks like the writing is on the wall and both parties are going their separate ways, stuff like this happens. Welcome back Julian!

That's for sure.  I hope there are some incentives for him as well.  Win win if he makes them.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

I had two different friends. Tell me we signed Justin Simmons today now I can’t find it anywhere.

It was an April fools joke yesterday.

• Thanks 1

So this offseason Ballard has re-signed every free agent starter (except for Gardner obviously as a technicality) and all 25 starters are under contract.

Now he is at a point to truly draft BPA the whole draft.

Should still target certain positions for depth and development like IOL, Safety (behind Blackmon) and LB.

Should target potential starter level positions like WR and Safety (FS like a Cole Bishop or Jaden Hicks type) and third down coverage LB (like a Payton Wilson or Edgerrin Cooper type).

13 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

How so?

He’s been a distraction and a problem for the Bills since the end of the 2022 season.  He blamed their playoff exit on Allen not getting him the ball.  It carried over into last year and didn’t improve.  He and Allen barely speak and everyone who lives in western New York knew this was just a matter of time.  The Bills are Allen’s team.  A prima donna receiver does not have a place there.  

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

He’s been a distraction and a problem for the Bills since the end of the 2022 season.  He blamed their playoff exit on Allen not getting him the ball.  It carried over into last year and didn’t improve.  He and Allen barely speak and everyone who lives in western New York knew this was just a matter of time.  The Bills are Allen’s team.  A prima donna receiver does not have a place there.  

I don't follow the bills that close.   No wonder they let him go so cheap

Diggs was mostly silent in all of the big games the Bills had last year. Against Cincy I didn’t notice him getting open much at all. 

He could have a renaissance with Houston, but honestly more often than not free agent WRs don’t make that much of an impact. I think we should be more worried about Nico, Tank and Noah. Those three each played lights out throughout last year. 

On 4/1/2024 at 5:49 PM, ColtStrong2013 said:

surely Brents wasn’t drafted in the 2nd round as a corner, starting his rookie year at the position to be converted to a safety… But go on with your football knowledge for all of us to laugh at. 😂 

:banana:

On 4/1/2024 at 3:57 PM, throwing BBZ said:

Richard Sherman ran a 4.56

Jaylon Johnson ran a 4.5